Auteur Sujet: "View" option request - limited to any commander  (Lu 9919 fois)

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : Re : Re : Re : "View" option request - limited to any commander
« Réponse #15 le: 16 janvier 2010, 21:16:56 pm »
Bonjour Darsh,

Maybe yes .... maybe no .... I can't decide ....  :?

FOW already on 2D map .... and if I stay put on my side (and don't use my indestructible free helicopter in 3D) , then I don't get a 'free' peek either ....  sometimes, it's a very hard choice! ..... :lol:

Cordialement, DoE

Yes but in MP it will be certain that there will be less fairplay and the FoW will lost a lot of its interest, the FoW must be the same in all of views.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : "View" option request - limited to any commander
« Réponse #16 le: 16 janvier 2010, 22:34:03 pm »
I'm all for a "view locked to corps commander and CinC" (I had asked for it previously, but I'll state my preference again for the record).  I would think that the ability to move the corps commanders around would be another option.

There's a "Move command post" menu item for the corps commanders that doesn't show up in the game yet.

Hook

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : "View" option request - limited to any commander
« Réponse #17 le: 16 janvier 2010, 22:51:10 pm »
Yes but in MP it will be certain that there will be less fairplay and the FoW will lost a lot of its interest, the FoW must be the same in all of views.

Bonjour Darsh,

A very good point, sir .... hadn't really thought about that too much .....  ;)

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : "View" option request - limited to any commander
« Réponse #18 le: 16 janvier 2010, 22:54:30 pm »
There's a "Move command post" menu item for the corps commanders that doesn't show up in the game yet.

Hook

Bonjour Hook,

Great! ... I was hoping for something to put those 'wandering Willys' where I needed them ....  :)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 16 janvier 2010, 23:03:24 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : "View" option request - limited to any commander
« Réponse #19 le: 16 janvier 2010, 23:43:20 pm »
A very good point, sir .... hadn't really thought about that too much .....  ;)

I've thought about it a lot.  Really a lot.  If you're flying around the entire map in F3 view, you aren't using fog of war, even if we could somehow trace line of sight and only display units that the CinC can actually see... forget about the game's fog of war calculations, units blinking in and out of existence with half the enemy shown one minute and the other half shown the next... talk about a nightmare.  That free helicopter ride gives you a situational awareness that no one had 200 years ago.

The free roaming F3 camera is much better used during a replay if you want fog of war during the game at all.  If you are using fog of war, the replay, with fog of war turned off, is the only way to see what went on during the battle.  After a multiplayer game both sides would watch the replay, then discuss it.  "I didn't have any idea you had so many forces on the left flank."  "Good job sneaking around my right flank."  "So that's where all those cavalry came from!"  If you don't watch the replay, you'll never see this kind of thing.  Watching the replay is half the fun of a multiplayer battle.

Are people not used to having replays? 

Hook

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Re : "View" option request - limited to any commander
« Réponse #20 le: 17 janvier 2010, 00:58:31 am »
I've thought about it a lot.  Really a lot.  If you're flying around the entire map in F3 view, you aren't using fog of war, even if we could somehow trace line of sight and only display units that the CinC can actually see... forget about the game's fog of war calculations, units blinking in and out of existence with half the enemy shown one minute and the other half shown the next... talk about a nightmare.  That free helicopter ride gives you a situational awareness that no one had 200 years ago.

The free roaming F3 camera is much better used during a replay if you want fog of war during the game at all.  If you are using fog of war, the replay, with fog of war turned off, is the only way to see what went on during the battle.  After a multiplayer game both sides would watch the replay, then discuss it.  "I didn't have any idea you had so many forces on the left flank."  "Good job sneaking around my right flank."  "So that's where all those cavalry came from!"  If you don't watch the replay, you'll never see this kind of thing.  Watching the replay is half the fun of a multiplayer battle.

Are people not used to having replays? 

Hook

Must be so Hook
This is something of a must for me, hell if someone kicked my butt good, id like to know how he did it.

I maybe repeated what you said here but I know zooming around the batllefield with delayed information like that while going around in F3 mode is a bit confusing, you dont know necessarily if its a good idea that you should be seeing  them in that case anyway

Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester