Auteur Sujet: mode: conscript to grognard and AI opponent challenge  (Lu 18780 fois)

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : mode: conscript to grognard and AI opponent challenge
« Réponse #30 le: 13 janvier 2010, 19:41:55 pm »
Loss of corps commander, Galvanized units and Ammunition have nothing to do with fog of war, Orders immediate or delayed, Delay of orders historical or limited and Interception of orders aren't fog of war although I'm sure someone will argue that.  There may be additional options in the future that do not have anything to do with fog of war.  Given that at least 3 and maybe as many as 6 of the 11 options are not fog of war, how many people are going to complain that we're calling it fog of war rather than difficulty?
So I'll repeat my question from above:
I don't particularly like Conscript either.  Here are two variations that have been used:
Aspirant,  General, Commander-in-Chief
Conscript, Regular, Grognard
Suggest a good replacement for Aspirant and we can go with the first set.
Hook
How about simple "Ensign"...
but the gap between General and Ensign is quite big, ... so just a suggestion...in WNLB the curve would be Colonel, General, Marshal and Emperor...
« Modifié: 13 janvier 2010, 19:45:50 pm par Count von Csollich »
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : mode: conscript to grognard and AI opponent challenge
« Réponse #31 le: 13 janvier 2010, 19:46:49 pm »
Aspirant,  General, Commander-in-Chief

I was originally thinking Captain, as Private isn't very good and I can't spell Lieutenant. :)

Ensign sounds pretty good.  Anyone else have an opinion?

Hook

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : mode: conscript to grognard and AI opponent challenge
« Réponse #32 le: 13 janvier 2010, 20:01:17 pm »
Bonjour Messieurs,

I would suggest:

Colonel ... Maréchal ... Empereur

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #33 le: 13 janvier 2010, 20:03:29 pm »
Translated into Colonel, Marshal, Emperor for the english version :)

Sounds good to me as this represents nicely the Regiment/Corps/CiC commanders. So there is a kind of parallelism there.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #34 le: 13 janvier 2010, 20:16:35 pm »
my point is that the only material difference between the pre defined mode names is the fog of war, i.e if you choose conscript as your mode you can change the non fog of war parameters such as ammunition from unlimited to historical and the mode choice still says conscript in the options menu, however if you change one of the fog of war parameters you are no longer in conscript mode, simarlarly for the other two predefined modes. So in the table in my note above those entries which have two options means that either option is compatoible with the named mode. but any change in the parameters where there is only one entry negates the predefined mode (ie in the options menu the mode is no longer named as one of the three pre defined modes but we are now in some user defined mode)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #35 le: 14 janvier 2010, 20:22:55 pm »
I chatted with JMM and he may be willing to go along with the Fog of War: None, Limited, Full change.  But now is not the time to ask him to make such decisions, as he's quite busy with the Vista crash problem.

Hook

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #36 le: 14 janvier 2010, 22:53:19 pm »
That sounds gd :smile:

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #37 le: 15 janvier 2010, 03:22:54 am »
I chatted with JMM and he may be willing to go along with the Fog of War: None, Limited, Full change.  But now is not the time to ask him to make such decisions, as he's quite busy with the Vista crash problem.

Hook

I don't think any of us want JMM to feel under pressure, we want to see the game released to the public and these niggles can be dealt with later. I don't think anyone expects him to deal with these problems right away anyway.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #38 le: 15 janvier 2010, 06:19:49 am »
I don't think any of us want JMM to feel under pressure, we want to see the game released to the public and these niggles can be dealt with later. I don't think anyone expects him to deal with these problems right away anyway.

The decision has to be made in a day or two if it's to make it to the paper manuals, which have to go to the printer by then.  I think I've done pretty well keeping it off his shoulders as this is the only issue I've had to discuss with him, and had already done so previously once.

Hook

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #39 le: 15 janvier 2010, 07:56:31 am »
Ahh I see, the manuals. I hadn't thought of that, I'm more a digital download kind of guy myself :)
Hazards of small children destroying your precious game discs. You should see my steam games list ^^

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
« Réponse #40 le: 15 janvier 2010, 08:10:29 am »
Ahh I see, the manuals. I hadn't thought of that, I'm more a digital download kind of guy myself :)
Hazards of small children destroying your precious game discs. You should see my steam games list ^^

you get them already in a digital download as well...at least the first 3 books or so...
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne pcelt

• Adjudant
« Réponse #41 le: 16 janvier 2010, 13:44:57 pm »
Overall prefer the Colonel- Marshal- Emperor  format as suggested earlier .Each could have listed the relavant factors . A purely Fog of War mode listing is misleading as many other factors are involved.

Hors ligne Stiboo

• Caporal
« Réponse #42 le: 16 janvier 2010, 17:43:43 pm »
I think

Officer - General - Marshal

As I also love the TW games, I play on the 'officer' level, I like to see what's going on and enjoy the whole battle panorama and waiting and waiting for Corps commanders to react to an order has me biting my Shako in rage!

Playing the game from the Commander's view point only and not seeing anything of the battle, with only the 2D map with FoW doesn't give me much enjoyment....each to their own...

Glad this game has such a great, passionate fan base already, JMM must be pleased!

-----------------------------------------------------

" Dost thou love life? Then waste not time; for time is the stuff that life is made of " – Bejamin Franklin

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Re : Re : mode: conscript to grognard and AI opponent challenge
« Réponse #43 le: 16 janvier 2010, 17:59:02 pm »

I was originally thinking Captain, as Private isn't very good and I can't spell Lieutenant. :)

Ensign sounds pretty good.  Anyone else have an opinion?

Hook

I vote for captain, general, commander in chief.
Regards

Hors ligne chops

• Lieutenant
Re: mode: conscript to grognard and AI opponent challenge
« Réponse #44 le: 16 janvier 2010, 18:10:18 pm »
Maybe we should stay with the terms used in the sim -  for example,  Colonel, Corps Commander, Commander in Chief.