Auteur Sujet: Glorious Cavalry Charges  (Lu 15407 fois)

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Glorious Cavalry Charges
« Réponse #30 le: 02 janvier 2010, 18:28:37 pm »
in which battle was it that a french General called out to his son ducking before the enemy, as this was his first battle: "You honor the enemy by bowing before him, but keep in mind, one only does so once!"
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Glorious Cavalry Charges
« Réponse #31 le: 02 janvier 2010, 23:57:20 pm »
Although not often I have seen Infantry rout en mass probably about a Division. In one MP battle, I advanced a screen of Medium and Heavy Cavalry  towards the enemy line they saw the Cavalry depoy to charge and advance and that was it for the infantry the Rout started in a couple of infantry regiment, and then the panic spread, to the rest.  Infantry surrendered which where pursued and a lot just kept routing for a while till they recovered.
The site I saw which was awesome, but I havent seen this very much at all.
So it is rare, but memorable
« Modifié: 02 janvier 2010, 23:59:29 pm par gazfun »
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Glorious Cavalry Charges
« Réponse #32 le: 03 janvier 2010, 00:01:37 am »
Although not often I have seen Infantry rout en mass probably about a Division. In one MP battle, I advanced a screen of Medium and Heavy Cavalry  towards the enemy line they saw the Cavalry depoy to charge and advance and that was it for the infantry the Rout started in a couple of infantry regiment, and then the panic spread, to the rest.  Infantry surrendered which where pursued and a lot just kept routing for a while till they recovered.
The site I saw which was awesome, but I havent seen this very much at all.
So it is rare, but memorable

That's all I wanted to hear...looking forward to the sight and thanks for the reassurance :lol:
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil