Auteur Sujet: Unit Nationality and F7 info.  (Lu 2281 fois)

Hors ligne chops

• Lieutenant
Unit Nationality and F7 info.
« le: 29 décembre 2009, 00:01:49 am »
Is there a way to tell what country a Unit belongs to?  I know that they have different flags, but I don't know what nations they represent.  I have searched through both of the Manuals, Book 1 and 2 for information but have not found the information I am looking for.  Would it be possible to add this information in-game for the final version?

Also, I noticed when looking at the information presented in the Book (F7)  under Situation - Synthesis, there is some information presented that is not very well explained.  What does CEH stand for?  What does Tactical Value mean?  Out of fight?  etc....I hope this sort of thing will be explained better in the final manual and in-game.  Additionally under Situation - Performances, the information is presented in French both in-game and in the manual.   I hope this will be corrected for the final manual and game.

Hors ligne Pariente

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • Ἐργάζομαι καλοκάγαθικῶς. J'agis avec probité.
    • La Division Infernale !
Re : Unit Nationality and F7 info.
« Réponse #1 le: 29 décembre 2009, 00:33:59 am »
Take a look at this for the flags.

Usually, names help to identify regiments : « Von Schröffen » might be from Prussia, Württemberg or Bavaria etc. while « de la Poularde » may be from France. :mrgreen:

CEH : coefficient équivalent homme (you can guess the meaning :smile:).

La notion de CEH est presque aussi vieille que le jeu même.
Quand j'ai commencé à définir les IA, il fallait que je trouve une méthode de comparaison des forces en présence qui soir en accord avec les modèles de calcul des pertes.

Translation : When I began defining the AI, I had to find a method to compare forces in agreement with the losses computing models.

That is to say : CEH is the unit of measurement of all forces. Indeed, JMM had to say how many regular footmen a hussar is equal to.

I'm playing the game in French, but « out of fight » is the direct translation of « hors de combat » which means « out of the battle » or « gone and unable to fight again ». ;)

Friendly,
Pariente.