Auteur Sujet: Troops moving "backwards".  (Lu 3076 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Troops moving "backwards".
« le: 23 décembre 2009, 22:56:37 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a "bug" or not, but near the end of this battle (which I finished early) I gave an oder to move forward, and the troops all started to move backwards towards the rear of the map.

You can see the order on the map, but the men (all of the Corps) started moving away from the direction ordered, it was right near the end of the battle.

Replay file if any help :
http://uploading.com/files/be8b2163/Montebello-091223-14H33.sav/

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Re : Troops moving "backwards".
« Réponse #1 le: 23 décembre 2009, 23:20:48 pm »
I've seen this but had always assumed it was a morale thing - i.e. the unit is "falling back" after losing the resolve to continue forward - "Le Garde Reticule!"

I've sometimes noticed the words "unit recoil" for the unit status but don't know if the behaviour and status are related.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 24 décembre 2009, 00:40:03 am »
I see it a lot in the game.  They're "falling back facing the enemy" in normal wargame terms.  I've actually seen an entire corps march backwards all the way from the center of the map to the map edge and exit;  the corps had a Retreat command that I didn't give it.  Good news for people who want to see the enemy retreat once in a while.

Hook

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
« Réponse #3 le: 24 décembre 2009, 14:16:16 pm »
The season determines the hours of sunrise and sunset. “HistWar: Les Grognards”
does not allow for night engagements. When the last moments of the twilight arrive,
the AI will progressively take control from the player and gradually disengage the
combatants as darkness falls.

From the manual.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #4 le: 25 décembre 2009, 16:51:03 pm »
I witnessed the same retreating maneuver : the infantry arm of a whole corps marching
backwards. Earlier I'd given the order to deploy in line (line extended 950 m.)
in front of a town which was defended by 2 Austrian Bn .These quit the town shortly after
French arrival.  The other 2 French corps where below in a vertical line.

Just north of town a French Cav Regiment, was scouting ahead, and discovered the location
of a Russian Corps, which quickly deployed in line. This new Russian line was possibly 2 km
away from the French Corps, and the ground a gentle rolling plain(? is there such a thing)
The French Corps in front of the village stopped the advance, and begun retreating and
would not receive any other order to the contrary.

Was this a case of 'local isolation'? (what is the max distance of liaison between corps?)
The other French Corps also reacted to the retreat by 'standing around' they had engaged
an Austrian Corps and routed it earlier.

The Morale of the retreating Corps was at 40, they had not received any bombardment or
flanked by cavalry.

`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 27 décembre 2009, 15:47:52 pm »
The season determines the hours of sunrise and sunset. “HistWar: Les Grognards”
does not allow for night engagements. When the last moments of the twilight arrive,
the AI will progressively take control from the player and gradually disengage the
combatants as darkness falls.
This could explain it, they were un-engaged at the rear, when ordered to move forward, it was near the end, so perhaps the AI took over as above.