Auteur Sujet: Cavalry behaviour  (Lu 2329 fois)

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Cavalry behaviour
« le: 26 décembre 2009, 21:52:46 pm »
Couldn't find another reference to this specific event (there are a fair few cavalry comments tho!)

Using the Montebello map/config of forces.  I sent 2 cuirassier units around the wood at the top of the map to attack the enemy arty from the rear.

When in sight of the arty & the enemy command group they immediately decided instead to charge south to the ends of infantry groups (a greater distance) & were (obviously) cut down & routed.

Is there something I don't know about default behaviour?  Do unit commanders have a scale of relative importance that would cause this?
Even given the range of the infantry, the cavalry should have been able to cut down the arty with relatively little effective fire on their rear & then proceed away from the infantry units in the direction of the enemy command.  Given they were at far greater risk from a superior force of infantry, why would they neglect the softer but vital enemy arty they were told to attack?

Not ranting - just wondering if this is a bug of sorts.  That said not everyone does what they're told on the battlefield...

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Cavalry behaviour
« Réponse #1 le: 26 décembre 2009, 22:43:20 pm »
Hi,

Could you send your xxx.sav file (histwar@histwar.com) ! Interesting and Must be fixed

JMM

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Re : Cavalry behaviour
« Réponse #2 le: 27 décembre 2009, 10:53:25 am »
Will forward asap.

It is near the end of the battle.  Hope it's not my inexperience as commander!  :roll: :p