Auteur Sujet: Does it exist a means to equalize the various sound volume (while playing in 3D)  (Lu 2788 fois)

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
Does it exist a means to equalize the various sound volume (while playing in 3D)? 
 I explain : 
When I adjust the volume of my surrounding walls to hear the small birds to sing, the step of soldier march, instructions of their hierarchy all goes well. On the other hand since the first cannon-shot, the sound starts howling and my eardrums suffer! 
When I adjust the volume of my surrounding walls in relation to the noise of the cannon, I don't hear the other sounds anymore! 
One could have a module that allows the player to adjust the different type of sounds:   
of the kind of " Flight Simulator " that proposes a volume to determine according to his preferences: 
for the inside of the cockpit 
for the sound of motors 
for the environment etc etc   

Thank you 
Yves 

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
I certainly wouldn't mind separate volume sliders for several kinds of sound.

There are some sounds that I've only heard in the first 1/2 hour of a battle.  These include troop marching sounds, horse galloping sounds, some random noise from idle troops.  Once the cannons start firing you no longer have these.

As far a I know, it could be intentional to represent the cannons or even muskets deafening anyone on the field.  Now, I've spent a lot of  time around tanks, and they're louder than any cannon from the Napoleonic times.  If you aren't close, you don't get deafened.  So I don't know.

Other sounds do not go away:  voice commands, drum beats, cannon and musket fire, bugle calls.  I believe the band music still plays after the other sounds have gone away.

Do we lose the birdcalls too?  I haven't noticed.

Hook

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
For me, when I am near of a cannon that start fire, the sound is too much strong.   
Certainly in the reality it is probably what arrives, but in full game it embarrasses me (personal taste, I respect other player ideas) and also my wife who doesn't appreciate this flown resonant!. While using a helmet, it is even worse, I have the reflex to pull him so it makes pain to eardrums.   
I will like that there is not one so big difference in the volume in the various types of sound. Either to decrease the some (cannon) either to increase others (troop marching sounds, horse galloping sounds, some random noise from idle troopsnot, orders, etc...) It is my personal taste as an option of the game would permit to respect all tastes of players. I already read posts that rejoin my impression on the sound a few too much marked by cannons.   
Thank you JMM if you could include an option permitting to modulate the sound of the cannon and maybe of rifles (in the time because this is not primordial for the game and that for the meantime I play without sound certainly going without from the pleasure of the immersion in the field of battle but I value my audition)   
Thank for the game
Yves