Auteur Sujet: Corps' discipline  (Lu 3470 fois)

Hors ligne Eif

• Soldat
Corps' discipline
« le: 19 décembre 2009, 03:23:52 am »
Hello all,

I've been enjoying the demo immensely so far, and can't wait to plunk some money down to pickup the full version.  However, I'm having some issues (I believe) when playing with fog of war and message relays set to "historic". I'll issue orders to a corps, and the order will show up momentarily when I hover my mouse over said corps. But suddenly, the message "no orders" will reappear, despite the fact that the order arrows are still present on the 2D map. I've waited nearly an hour of ingame time for corps' to carry out their orders, but no one even budges. Any thoughts? I know JMM has simulated the deployment of carriers to deliver messages, etc., but when CiC is less than 200m from a CC, it shouldn't take that long...

Also, here's quick list of bugs that I've noticed:

-Sometimes, game clock will not start after pressing W. This seems to happen only after I rearrange corps' at the start of the game.

-Extreme (EXTREME) FPS loss in the SE sector of the map facing the same direction. It doesn't make sense that I get good FPS when hundreds of units are battling on the field, but terrible FPS when I'm looking away from the action onto empty scenery with no units present.

-Alt-Tab works, but upon returning to the game from the desktop, the battle has ended, or time has increased significantly (hours ahead of where I was 5 minutes ago)....not really an important bug though, since alt-tabbing for most games is frowned upon

-Louder "wind" noise in F4 View

-Sound of troops marching (footsteps, etc.) sometimes disappear.

-Sounds repeat themselves (Volleys, orders, yells, etc.)

-Sounds have no oscillation (perhaps this isn't implemented)

-When in 2D map, I've tried locking onto an enemy unit using the F5 view command, but it doesn't let me (more than likely a feature?), but I am unable to do the same with friendly units until I exit 2D screen and return

...playing using "Montabello settings" as La Grande Armee.

Thanks!
« Modifié: 19 décembre 2009, 03:48:21 am par Eif »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Corps' discipline
« Réponse #1 le: 19 décembre 2009, 05:38:03 am »
Hi Eif!

A lot of the bugs you've mentioned have already been talked about on the forum, but it's always good to have another list.

Message delays of "historic" can take a very long time to be acted on.  Probably better to use "limited" which limits the delay to 40 minutes until we get used to the game.  I'm afraid to try it myself :)

Clock not starting:  haven't seen it but I think it's been reported.  Can you get it to start at all, or do you have to exit the battle?

There's an FPS loss anywhere near the edge of the map, some places worse than others.  If you go near the French line of communications behind the village the game will lock up tight enough to turn that coal you got for Christmas into diamonds. 

The alt-tab problem should be addressed by JMM.  If you have to alt-tab out, pause the game first.  I lost 5 hours in one battle because another program swapped me out and I couldn't get back to the game fast enough.

Some of the ambient sounds disappear after about 1/2 hour.  Hopefully will be fixed.

The repeating sounds... the Russian "march" command "Idyot" repeating endlessly is probably the most annoying sound in the entire game.  If that doesn't get fixed I have my own fix for it:  delete the damn file.  And a couple others that like to repeat.

What does "sounds have no oscillation" mean?  I can't figure that one out.

Haven't seen the locking problem.  I'll try to reproduce it and report it as a bug.

Hook

Hors ligne Eif

• Soldat
« Réponse #2 le: 19 décembre 2009, 07:50:49 am »
Thank you for the input Hook,

If I want the pause/unpause feature to work, I always have to quit completely out of the program and back to the desktop. Quite frustrating since I can never figure out what it is exactly that triggers the bug.

Also, perhaps sound oscillation wasn't the correct term. What I meant was that sounds seem to stay at the same level regardless of distance from the source; if I'm "standing" right next to a firing battery, and then move the camera clear across the map to another unit, I can still hear the sounds of the battery as if I've never moved away from them.

Hors ligne pcelt

• Adjudant
« Réponse #3 le: 19 décembre 2009, 08:28:28 am »
Id like to make a brief suggestion re this information "No Orders" . This message is transmitted both when there are no orders issued and also when there has been an order but it has not yet been acted upon. This can lead to confusion or uncertainty----could there not be a different message --for example "Orders Despatched" when an order has been made but is still en route and not yet acted upon. This will differentiate and end the uncertainty between the situation where no orders have been issued at all and where they have been issued but not yet been acted upon.
   ----Not a crucial issue but i think it would help clarify and improve the sim experience.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Corps' discipline
« Réponse #4 le: 19 décembre 2009, 09:51:46 am »
Also, perhaps sound oscillation wasn't the correct term. What I meant was that sounds seem to stay at the same level regardless of distance from the source

The word is attenuation.  Some sounds are handled properly.  Cannons always seem loud for some reason.

"No Orders" -- could there not be a different message -- for example "Orders Despatched" when an order has been made but is still en route and not yet acted upon.

Agreed.

Hook

Hors ligne Eif

• Soldat
« Réponse #5 le: 19 décembre 2009, 10:10:23 am »
Ahh attenuation, thank you. And yes, the cannons do seem to be quite loud. I'd like to second pcelt's suggestion, that would make things so easier! Are couriers modeled in 3D? There could be a way to follow their avatar/character on screen and physically confirm its' arrival. I've noticed troops sometimes running to and from regiments...perhaps this is modeled already?

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Corps' discipline
« Réponse #6 le: 19 décembre 2009, 17:36:23 pm »
Id like to make a brief suggestion re this information "No Orders" . This message is transmitted both when there are no orders issued and also when there has been an order but it has not yet been acted upon. This can lead to confusion or uncertainty----could there not be a different message --for example "Orders Despatched" when an order has been made but is still en route and not yet acted upon. This will differentiate and end the uncertainty between the situation where no orders have been issued at all and where they have been issued but not yet been acted upon.
   ----Not a crucial issue but i think it would help clarify and improve the sim experience.

+ 1