Auteur Sujet: Please help me decide . . .  (Lu 10503 fois)

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #15 le: 18 décembre 2009, 09:15:09 am »
I think a good alternative operational game is "Campaigns on the Danube" where you can modify the armies, map, etc. with a hex-editor and you have an export / import battles option.

Indeed, I plan to play campaigns using CotD (mh, bad acronym  :smile:) and then switching to battle on HLG.
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #16 le: 19 décembre 2009, 00:32:35 am »
Yes, that's my hope to.  I've got a new laptop that arrived VISTAd and I can't get CotD to run on it.  So, in the New Year, it gets washed and XP goes in expressly for CotD and LG.  Fingers crossed for a productive alliance of software!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : Re : Please help me decide . . .
« Réponse #17 le: 19 décembre 2009, 09:59:45 am »
Indeed, I plan to play campaigns using CotD (mh, bad acronym  :smile:) and then switching to battle on HLG.

Would be cool if you can explain how to do this  :shock:

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
« Réponse #18 le: 19 décembre 2009, 10:47:54 am »
Campaigns on the Danube (that works under vista if you set it to run like Win95/DPI restriction, just to let you know) allows the player to "print" the OOB before every battle, and then enter the result played on another platform (miniatures or vg, as you like).
Due to the setting (1805-1809 campaigns) its perfect with HLG.
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #19 le: 20 décembre 2009, 04:06:58 am »
Personally the Total War series is not egtting another cent out of me! I have purchased all and although i loved the concept in Shogan TW each since has gone progressively down hill. Empires was pure rubbish IMHO. Shogan was a ground breaking game but since then they have just been milking that same game concept.

I have enjoyed the buggy and quirky demo of HW:LG immensley so far because of what it is designed to be and how it operates. Playing it makes me feel like I am making the decisions of a Napoleonic commander rather than micro-managing pretty computerised robots. I would pay for and play the present demo version of HW:LG over any future TW game.

My money will go to an idependent game developer who has passion and soul rather than throw my cash away on further TW games.

Hors ligne Black Powder

• Soldat
« Réponse #20 le: 20 décembre 2009, 06:31:28 am »
If you go TW, just get Shogun. You can probably find it cheap and still have left over for LG  ;) But to be honest, just get LG. Like someone else said, wait about a year or two when mods come out, patches come out, and gets cheaper. Just playing LG's demo has been tremendously fun! For instance, have you fought on the Montebello settings in the snow!?

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #21 le: 20 décembre 2009, 08:59:02 am »
Citation de: FranzVonG le 18 Décembre 2009, 08:15:09
Indeed, I plan to play campaigns using CotD (mh, bad acronym  ) and then switching to battle on HLG.

Would be cool if you can explain how to do this

Run the game as administrator in vista.