Auteur Sujet: Help, I'm winning Montebello on both sides!  (Lu 3774 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
Help, I'm winning Montebello on both sides!
« le: 15 décembre 2009, 16:37:29 pm »
the problem is, that I'm no grognard at all, but still the AI seems to be pretty easy beatable.
What's the reason for that - is the grand AI better in the full-game-battles?
Can I perhaps tune both sides in the doctrines to make it harder?
I guess AI is better on the defence, maybe tweaking the doctrine to a defensive behaviour could make it harder to beat?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Help, I'm winning Montebello on both sides!
« Réponse #1 le: 15 décembre 2009, 16:59:37 pm »
Play MP, no one will win both sides then !.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 15 décembre 2009, 18:12:20 pm »
the problem is, that I'm no grognard at all, but still the AI seems to be pretty easy beatable.

It will be a lot harder when the Grand Tactical AI is done and the enemy forces react to your moves. :D  Probably in the updated version of the demo, whenever that's released.

Right now the AI only sends out the initial orders.  It doesn't react to anything you do unless you get close to someone and trigger the regimental AI which is already in place. 

I expect to lose badly for a while when the GT AI is done. :)

Hook

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #3 le: 15 décembre 2009, 18:33:49 pm »
I've actualy maniged to loose the battle, just once but it was a clear loss, I though ALL my forces on the enemy lines and in the end all my soldiers were, dead, woulded or ran away I had nobody left, the enemy had held with no problems they only lost a few % of what I did.

But yes, with out the Full ai you don't realy know just how good the ai is, but even so, I have had a few close calls

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 15 décembre 2009, 18:54:26 pm »
Heh!!  I've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory myself. :D  After a string of wins, I was quite surprised. 

The AI we're facing now is actually quite good.  It uses different plans for each battle.  Enemy corps commanders request support and get it from inactive units.  While it's not that hard to beat, it's still a worthy enough opponent.  We're winning now mostly because we can change our plans at any time.

Once the AI starts reacting to our moves, it's gonna get tough.  The AI doesn't even have to be particularly good.  And when the AI doesn't have to send most of its forces forward at the beginning of the game, it can keep reserves.  It can attack our flanks with those guys who have always been in defensive lines.  It can exploit holes in our line to take our lines of operation.

It's going to be a very different game then.

Hook

Hors ligne Fontanelli

• Lieutenant
  • Division Italienne de la Garde
« Réponse #5 le: 15 décembre 2009, 21:59:18 pm »
with both sides...stay on defense...let the AI bleed on attacking you...then attack on your own...you will win with both sides :D

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #6 le: 16 décembre 2009, 17:28:48 pm »
Thanks Hook for making me hoping.
Do you know something more about the Grand AI:
is it not yet finished at all?
Is it finished for the full-game and only not for the demo?
If it isn't finished, will it be in the final version of the game, so that we have to wait until it's done?