Auteur Sujet: Line of Operation  (Lu 3573 fois)

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
Line of Operation
« le: 14 décembre 2009, 23:03:39 pm »
I've fought my first battle to a conclusion (marginal victory, thanks for asking) and found that both I and the enemy had our lines of operation intact at the end. Which raised the question, how can we see where these lines are? I've searched through the manual and there are plenty of references to the importance of protecting your lines but I can't see where it tells you how to identify the lines.

Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Line of Operation
« Réponse #1 le: 14 décembre 2009, 23:52:16 pm »
That's an excellent question.  Thanks for bringing it up.

I don't know of any easy way to determine the lines of operation for any given map.  This info needs to be in the "Mission" part of the F7 page if it's not available anywhere else.

Now, you *could* look around the edges of the map for some wagons, which I believe are always at the lines of operation, but the demo will lock up tight if you approach the area of the map where the French lines are.

The lines of operation for the Montebello map are the roads in the center of the map leading off map east and west.  There are actually two for each side, but they're on top of each other so the effect is only one line of operations per side.

Hook

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 15 décembre 2009, 10:00:56 am »
In an old screenshot, supply lines were clearly depicted as orange (if I remember well) arrows. Probably they have been removed in the demo.
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 15 décembre 2009, 10:30:21 am »
Thanks - I guessed that the roads were the Lines but was baffled about there being 2 on each side.

It is good to have a strategic element to the battle - JMM has written that the purpose of battle in LG is to destroy the enemy but if you can force them to retreat and sue for peace, this has to be better than a battle that may do immense harm to your own side.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Line of Operation
« Réponse #4 le: 15 décembre 2009, 11:29:00 am »
In an old screenshot, supply lines were clearly depicted as orange (if I remember well) arrows. Probably they have been removed in the demo.

Lines of operations are depicted as wagons. There can be one or two lines.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Line of Operation
« Réponse #5 le: 15 décembre 2009, 12:23:26 pm »
Lines of operations are depicted as wagons. There can be one or two lines.

Yes, but I remember those arrows in the F2 view.. Have they been removed?
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : Line of Operation
« Réponse #6 le: 15 décembre 2009, 12:26:07 pm »
Yes, but I remember those arrows in the F2 view.. Have they been removed?

Wagons are in the place of arrows.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”