Auteur Sujet: Letting 'em fight it out.  (Lu 3928 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Letting 'em fight it out.
« le: 12 décembre 2009, 21:20:12 pm »
Had a nice session last night while painting:  put a couple of divisions up against each other on the map while I watched.  Know what, apart from being a little uninspired, the game fought itself (AI vs AI) pretty much as I'd expect any gamers to play it.   Cavalry came out for spoiler attacks, got shot away to rally in the rear.  CO's brought up a brigade massed vs the french right and gradually worked it apart and eventually introduced cavalry to work the wedge into a rout.  All with me watching.  Very impressed.  When you're over fussing about what each battalion is doing, this is an excellent game, eh!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Letting 'em fight it out.
« Réponse #1 le: 12 décembre 2009, 22:49:58 pm »
Thats right harryink
You have to let go, feel the force within you  :lol:
So how long are you ot of Oz for?
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 12 décembre 2009, 23:11:26 pm »
Just tried a Montebello AIvsAI (with the tactical plans that I used for the 2 armies in previous battles at the beginning, and than leaving all in the hands of the AIs): it was amazing, realistic and fun to watch.
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 12 décembre 2009, 23:37:16 pm »
I don't want to nitpick, HarryInk, but what do you mean by " a couple of divisions". There's already been much discussion about whether LG should allow orders at a divisional or brigade level. Did you split out some regiments from your Corps or what? And if so, what was the rest of the Corps doing while your orders were being carried out?
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #4 le: 15 décembre 2009, 13:10:32 pm »
Hi Uxbrigde.

I mean the usual division: about a dozen battalions a side, a gun bty and even a light cav regt.   I think I stripped back a french 'corps' and threw 'em against the swedes, then called back Miloradovitch's 'corps' to finish the job (then another disivion/corps from the french reserve).

I haven't stuck my head into that corps/div/bde thread.  All seemed a bit fraught to moi. :)

Gazfun, we leave here Boxing Day and will be back in sunny Oz a couple of days later.  Let's here it for LONG HOT days!!  Oorah!
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #5 le: 15 décembre 2009, 13:22:04 pm »
Bonjour Messiurs,

There are many ways to achieve the desired result.... creativity is the key element....

Cordialement, DoE