Auteur Sujet: Corps would not move ?.  (Lu 4913 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Corps would not move ?.
« le: 08 décembre 2009, 17:35:56 pm »

This Corps was given movement orders early in the battle, and repeated several times, but it never started moving untill the battle was almost over......there is a number in the bottom left corner, which on all the other CC was a zero all the time......in the manual there is no number shown here, I think the number is "minutes" since the last order was given.

Game setting was with orders delay set at "limited" which seems to work very well, except on this occasion.

Hors ligne atd

• Caporal
Re : Corps would not move ?.
« Réponse #1 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:28:34 pm »
Tip of (a rather large) iceberg I'm afraid. Not being able to move a corps may have historical precedents of course!

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Corps would not move ?.
« Réponse #2 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:51:18 pm »
Tip of (a rather large) iceberg I'm afraid.

You have written only 6 messages, and they are all quite unnerving.

Never happened to me: what was the order, gunner? Have you tried to give another order to the corp?
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #3 le: 19 décembre 2009, 17:04:03 pm »
In some battles some corps don't move but most of time they answer to the orders.

I think that Napoléon would be very happy if all his corps answered perfectly to his orders like Grouchy.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #4 le: 19 décembre 2009, 17:05:29 pm »
This happened to me, too. In my case it was Benningsen who wouldn't move till ca 16:00.
His corps wasn't threatened, it didn't have contact with the enemy.
I tried all kinds of orders, at the start of the battle and afterwards.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 19 décembre 2009, 17:48:19 pm »
I think the "206" is the number of minutes the corps commander has been out of contact with HQ.  If you have friendly fog of war on, he may not be where the map shows him.

I had a situation once where my Imperial Guard wouldn't move, even though Napoleon was right next to the commander.  They didn't move until I issued an order to one regiment to advance.

My understanding of the game is that some commanders will wait until all their units are in position and fully formed.  If the game engine doesn't believe the units are ready, for whatever reason, the order's execution might be delayed until they are.  If a bug has a regiment split up somehow, this might happen. I believe JMM is working on fixing that bug.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 19 décembre 2009, 20:27:59 pm »
Yes, it was the 206 number I was confused about, all the others said zero, thanks for the info.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Corps would not move ?.
« Réponse #7 le: 19 décembre 2009, 20:49:12 pm »
Yes, it was the 206 number I was confused about, all the others said zero, thanks for the info.

I found that in the manual. :D

You know, if I ever figure out what all that stuff is, I'm going to document it.  With pics of the unit info card with arrows pointing to the various items on it, an explanation of what the items are, examples of everything they can show, and explanations of what each of them mean.

Unless some kind person does it before I do. 

Hook

Hors ligne Black Powder

• Soldat
« Réponse #8 le: 19 décembre 2009, 22:06:44 pm »
I had that problem as well, except it was with the Swedes. I did all the Montebello OOB's and map. Gave the French their marching orders and then fought the rest of the battle as the Coalition. I left everything in initial setup as it was my first battle. Those Swedes never moved an inch until the French punched a massive hole in my lines, then they decided it was time to march to where I had initially wanted them. Of course they got shot to pieces and ran off. 

Also, I had this happen with the cannons for the French. I had the same setup as the battle I stated above but this time I put the Coalition on the defensive. Well the Coalition killed everything I threw at it so I fell back to that town where Napoleon was. So I withdrew my forces as the Coalition still had three relatively intact corps and I had one. I put the Coalition on pursuit to see how things would work out. Well, what was left of my army withdrew in good order. This is, I mean, all the infantry withdrew as the cannon stayed behind (delaying action?) and preceded to route the pursuing Coalition forces for the loss of about 9 guns all together.

Weird stuff imo. I lose a battle that I thought I could have won if a certain group of guys put one foot in front of the other. I then win one when I could have easily lost when an entire branch of my army decides they'd rather stay and fight the entire Coalition army. Go figure  :?

PS. How the heck do you take a screenshot? I've tried "P" "Ctrl+P" and "Print Screen" but couldn't find the pics.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #9 le: 20 décembre 2009, 00:23:03 am »
PS. How the heck do you take a screenshot? I've tried "P" "Ctrl+P" and "Print Screen" but couldn't find the pics.
It is the "P" key and they are in a folder called "screen".

Hors ligne Black Powder

• Soldat
« Réponse #10 le: 20 décembre 2009, 01:36:54 am »
BAH! I just tried an entire battle using the Print Screen button. Oh well.

Anyways. Is there any way to keep the artillery from being the last to leave the field instead of trying to do it manually?? I just fought another battle and had well around all of the French guns were destroyed because they wouldn't retreat, withdraw, fall back, etc. when I had ordered them too.