Auteur Sujet: Possible bug graphic  (Lu 12188 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Possible bug graphic
« le: 07 décembre 2009, 22:40:29 pm »
In all the time I've spent on the demo this is the ONLY time I've seen anything like this.  After I took the pic I moved around the map and came back, it was still like this.......very strange.

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
Re : Possible bug graphic
« Réponse #1 le: 07 décembre 2009, 22:41:46 pm »
That's the famous Black Blob Watch. ;)

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 07 décembre 2009, 22:51:38 pm »
I've heard og "blobs" in our Nap MP games, but that normally mean when all the troops have been stacked up on top of each other, in a blob, which is one of the best things about LG - that's impossible.....but now we have an LG blob !.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 07 décembre 2009, 23:01:50 pm »
In all the time I've spent on the demo this is the ONLY time I've seen anything like this.  After I took the pic I moved around the map and came back, it was still like this.......very strange.

Incredible  :? :smile:
How many time spend on the demo...
Probablity for this bug is very low :  1/1000, maybe 1/10000! Never seen during the dev...

JMM

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 07 décembre 2009, 23:29:07 pm »
About 20 hours or so at a rough guess, very stange, my pc is a high spec and all the graphics in game are fine, in the snow, the rain and the fog, all looks good and all units are as they should be.

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Possible bug graphic
« Réponse #5 le: 07 décembre 2009, 23:54:28 pm »
Incredible  :? :smile:
How many time spend on the demo...
Probablity for this bug is very low :  1/1000, maybe 1/10000! Never seen during the dev...

JMM

I've seen the blobs too.

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #6 le: 08 décembre 2009, 00:43:07 am »
I've seen these. I thought that it was left after a cavalry engagement?

:evil: I call them ghosts!  :twisted:
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #7 le: 08 décembre 2009, 00:50:24 am »
Me too - it was also a battery.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #8 le: 08 décembre 2009, 01:42:15 am »
OKI.. I have to find these ghosts... but no sure it will be easy.

JMM

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #9 le: 08 décembre 2009, 08:35:50 am »
OKI.. I have to find these ghosts... but no sure it will be easy.

JMM
Yesterday, the 23 regiment on line was at two places simultaneously or so it seemed. On the F2 map there was one icon with three blue triangles and one icon with the french flag, both saying 23rd regiment. I approached the blue triangles with cavalry to find out if the unit is really there or if it's a ghost unit that wasn't refreshed (a graphical glitch) Before the cavalry made contact with the triangles, still well out of shooting range of muskets, they turned grey, said "Escape" and ran of the map. Both units were fresh and had full spirit.
I then ordered the 23rd to move and it went VERY fast to the second position indicated. As in "sprinting". There it fought my infantry until routed.
I have observed this bug a few times before. Meaning I've seen units rout off the map without making contact.
Want the replay?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : Re : Possible bug graphic
« Réponse #10 le: 08 décembre 2009, 08:38:36 am »

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #11 le: 08 décembre 2009, 09:05:45 am »
I've just sent you the replay.

Ras

Hors ligne LegerDesOnheils

• Sergent
« Réponse #12 le: 08 décembre 2009, 09:10:38 am »
Last night I had the same graphical bug (the black blobs). I played the French in an all Montebello solo game in the winter (blobs were a Russian coalition regiment). Some time later (15-30 min) the game froze when I was near the edge of the map (no blobs in sight). Unrelated?

I did notice another buggy? phenomenon (had it a couple of times now). In the all Montebello solo games I did the video became choppy when I observed a particular spot on the battlefield namely the most south-eastern corner of what is the French deployment zone at the setup of the game. The unit density there is not any different from any other frontline part of the battlefield where I see no choppy behavior (different corpse setups used in different games). Anyone else noticed this?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #13 le: 08 décembre 2009, 09:22:00 am »
Last night I had the same graphical bug (the black blobs). I played the French in an all Montebello solo game in the winter (blobs were a Russian coalition regiment). Some time later (15-30 min) the game froze when I was near the edge of the map (no blobs in sight). Unrelated?

I did notice another buggy? phenomenon (had it a couple of times now). In the all Montebello solo games I did the video became choppy when I observed a particular spot on the battlefield namely the most south-eastern corner of what is the French deployment zone at the setup of the game. The unit density there is not any different from any other frontline part of the battlefield where I see no choppy behavior (different corpse setups used in different games). Anyone else noticed this?

No really freezed, just a problem because HW displays a lot of texture (??) and the FPS decreases at a very low value.
For the second remark.. no idea  :?

JMM

Hors ligne LegerDesOnheils

• Sergent
« Réponse #14 le: 08 décembre 2009, 09:43:47 am »
No the whole game actually froze ("not responding" in windows task manager) which I could not recover.

The choppy behavior at the particular spot on the battlefield seems indeed a FPS decrease but it occurs also when I have I do not have a lto of terain features in camera view (just rolling hils, some units and the map edge graphics). Perhaps, due to this particular map and the usefull landmarks for French defensive deployment I have seen more (only) this particular edge of the map and have hardly been to another edge. Are the edge graphics perhaps a burden in the FPS?