Sondage

Another delay before to release the game?

Yes, we could wait with a new demo
28 (48.3%)
No, we want the game now
29 (50%)
I don't know
1 (1.7%)

Total des votants: 57

Auteur Sujet: Another delay before to release the game?  (Lu 24277 fois)

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Another delay before to release the game?
« le: 06 décembre 2009, 15:37:00 pm »
Yes, I could wait if it will give a little more time for JMM to polish the game

Hors ligne ArtVandelay

• Sergent
Re : Another delay before to release the game?
« Réponse #1 le: 06 décembre 2009, 16:48:38 pm »
Yes, I could wait if it will give a little more time for JMM to polish the game

Honestly, I'd like the game now. I'll wait for updates, but I'd really like to have all the features.

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 06 décembre 2009, 16:54:26 pm »
If I could get a new demo or a big patch for the one we got, I could wait,

But I prefer that JMM give a small patch that fixes the ai in this demo, then spend the rest of the time working on the main game

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 06 décembre 2009, 17:22:33 pm »
I go with Gunfreak.

But we can also have the full game and then work on it. Would be no problem for as long as i know the developers finish the game.

AND I TRUST JMM on this part !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hors ligne dippysea

• Sergent
« Réponse #4 le: 06 décembre 2009, 17:32:33 pm »
How about release a kind of "open beta" with 3 fixed OOBs per side (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large) and the map editor for a £10 nominal charge - that gets us through Christmas

Then the chance to upgrade to the full version early next year with bugs ironed out.  Full OOB & Doctine editor etc

This also gives the community a chance to create maps to swap etc and gives JMM cash to pay for some elves to help in bug fixing :-)

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Another delay before to release the game?
« Réponse #5 le: 06 décembre 2009, 17:41:53 pm »
How about release a kind of "open beta" with 3 fixed OOBs per side (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large) and the map editor for a £10 nominal charge - that gets us through Christmas

Then the chance to upgrade to the full version early next year with bugs ironed out.  Full OOB & Doctine editor etc

This also gives the community a chance to create maps to swap etc and gives JMM cash to pay for some elves to help in bug fixing :-)

Very good idea dippysea! This mean seems very constructive. I agree for £10 and even more: the amount of the pre-order (less book keeping for the countable).

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #6 le: 06 décembre 2009, 17:49:15 pm »
Call me a cynic but in this cut-throat world of software development I really don't think it's such a big problem to release a buggy game. JMM should release the game for the full price right away and get some rewards for all his hard work. If it doesn't work 100% as advertised straight away, so what! We will all have the game to play with, JMM will have some hard-earned cash, and he can iron out the bugs later with the help of the community built up on this website.

Hors ligne dippysea

• Sergent
« Réponse #7 le: 06 décembre 2009, 17:59:45 pm »
To be honest even £20 or £25 would be acceptable.  As long as the purchaser knows it has issues at the moment people wont spend money and be disappointed.  They will be happy to wait.

By then saying within 3 months £20 or £15 is payable for the full version would keep a good reputation with the gaming community.

It means that the true die hard fans can play the game and are willing to pay out cash for a game they know has potential.  It allows the community to build OOBs, doctrines and maps for the full version etc

The dabblers will wait until a full blown game is released without any bugs and will already have a firm base of scenarios to play on

JMM will make future money by adding more features after the main release, and increase Division control and orders, better AI etc.  The community carry on building battles and a base for the fiture enhancements.

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #8 le: 06 décembre 2009, 18:12:07 pm »
Call me a cynic but in this cut-throat world of software development I really don't think it's such a big problem to release a buggy game. JMM should release the game for the full price right away and get some rewards for all his hard work. If it doesn't work 100% as advertised straight away, so what! We will all have the game to play with, JMM will have some hard-earned cash, and he can iron out the bugs later with the help of the community built up on this website.

I agree. I can't think of a single game I have bought that hasn't had issues - many of them a great many issues (eg ETW !). In addition, by hitting his deadlines for both demo and game, JMM will be sending out a strong message about the game and its future.

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #9 le: 06 décembre 2009, 18:24:35 pm »
Dippysea and Petrus58, I agree with both of you. Maybe the Dippysea's idea is more flexible???

Could we have a thought moved for those who died during these 7 years. I wish to not be amongst those, if I have to wait the release for yet others years  ;).

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #10 le: 06 décembre 2009, 18:41:27 pm »

That will take longer then finishing the game, he would have to make it's own build ect. to make a open beta like that would probebly take 6 months, if he starts two day, just see how much problems we got with the demo, and that was tiny compeard to what you sugest.
A beta like that can't just be made, it would have to be planed long before it gets relased.

I would rather see JMM doing the game and get it out some time this winter, then waiting 6 months for a beta then another 6 months for the game

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #11 le: 06 décembre 2009, 18:46:29 pm »
I can't believe I am saying this but - for me - If the issues I discussed in the thread 'Firefights,' can be sorted, I would say wait until they are! Infantry units cannot at this moment organise themselves into a plausable firefight. The importance of these sorts of bugs cannot be underestimated. I am convinced that 'Joe public' seeing the sort of behaviour (misaligned, jumpy changes of deployment, missing the enemy unit, often routing before ever firing a shot) in a demo would not buy the game. JMM would lose a lot of money.
In short, if the important buggy issues can be sorted then release it with a few less important ones. If not (takes a deep breath) Don't.
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Réponse #12 le: 06 décembre 2009, 18:54:03 pm »
 Waiting for a perfect game !!!! ;)

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #13 le: 06 décembre 2009, 19:24:07 pm »
I can't believe I am saying this but - for me - If the issues I discussed in the thread 'Firefights,' can be sorted, I would say wait until they are!

JMM has had, what, 7 years to get this right? I think a lot of people on this forum need to take a reality check and lower their expectations for the game and accept that some of these issues may never be completely resolved. It does scare me a bit when I see these sorts of glitchy behaviours for a game that has been in development for so long. Surely JMM would have had them nailed in about the first year?

I will buy the game and hope it is released sooner rather than later but I am lowering my expectations of what it will eventually be. I think it is a nice niche Napoleonics game but it may never be a "classic". But that's OK too.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #14 le: 06 décembre 2009, 20:09:21 pm »
The game has been in beta test stage for age's already, JMM has said there is stuff wrong with the demo that is not, or will not be, wrong in the full game, so as long as that's correct then the full game may as well be released asap - if it still has bugs then we have to wait for a patch to fix them, nothing unusual there from my experience.

From a selfish point of view I'm not bothered about a new demo, I'm not that interested in SP play so a "better" demo is not important to me, but it might be very important be to get others convinced that the full game will work - that would be time well spent if a better demo increased sales.