Auteur Sujet: Interesting moments  (Lu 4289 fois)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Interesting moments
« le: 06 décembre 2009, 03:42:03 am »
I saw something interesting in the game today.

I was following a fleeing enemy cavalry unit with the camera in 3D view when I saw that it was going to pass *through* one of my infantry units in line.  "Ok, that's not right..."  I told my son who was watching.  I figured we had another bug.

But no!  As the cavalry passed through my infantry line, the nearby infantry attacked with bayonet, without leaving ranks, and even left a couple of dead horses and riders in their midst!  Glorious. :)

Does anyone else have any interesting moments to share?

Hook

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
Re : Interesting moments
« Réponse #1 le: 06 décembre 2009, 11:23:45 am »
Well I'd say it's rather strange that a fleeing unit tries to pass through an enemy unit. No?

vD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Interesting moments
« Réponse #2 le: 06 décembre 2009, 13:33:03 pm »
Well I'd say it's rather strange that a fleeing unit tries to pass through an enemy unit.

I thought it was an odd thing to happen, but the infantry were stretched out in a long line and panicked cavalry probably don't have time to think, "Should I go around these guys on the right or on the left?"  Going through the enemy infantry was probably their safest choice at the time.

Hook

Hors ligne Doyley

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 06 décembre 2009, 14:35:34 pm »
I am sure that during a battle I fought yesterday where Russian and French infantry were involved in a firefight, there were two or three Russians slinking away from the action. The rest were standing firm. Wounded, cold feet, I dont know, but impressive.

Hors ligne Taff

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #4 le: 07 décembre 2009, 11:49:15 am »
I’ve had a couple or three times where cavalry has charged infantry in open order & come off worse. I’m guessing that the infantry is in square but the graphics have not caught up?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #5 le: 07 décembre 2009, 13:42:19 pm »
I've seen infantry in line drive off charging cavalry without forming square.  This kind of thing didn't happen often in real life, but there was a lot of discussion about players wanting it to happen in the game.  I guess it does. :)

Hook

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #6 le: 07 décembre 2009, 14:14:03 pm »
A regt of Polish lancers advanced beyond the deployment of its corp. An obvious target was a deployed Swedish battery roughly at 90 degrees to the Poles right flank. At first I didn't think that the AI was going to attack, but just as I was about to issue an attack order, one squadron peeled off and rode down the battery before being driven off by Swedish cavalry. Just one gun remained, which carried on firing (tough, these Swedes!). Meanwhile the rest of the Poles had advanced to the shelter of a small wood, when again, one squadron rode out and attacked a deploying battery of Russian artillery - with the same results! Having performed such heroics, I pulled the Poles back to the main line. Very impressive stuff.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #7 le: 07 décembre 2009, 14:44:13 pm »
I’m guessing that the infantry is in square but the graphics have not caught up?
I also suspect this is what is happening in some case's.....this might sound very stupid but I don't think the time warp thing is helping......I'm find it appears to play a lot better if you use it at 60/60 speed, but this may be my imagination playing tricks.