Auteur Sujet: some dumb questions...  (Lu 9042 fois)

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Re : some dumb questions...
« Réponse #15 le: 02 février 2010, 20:56:17 pm »
Now I'm confused, I'm talking about the histwar.exe, the one that give the menu were you can choose map, doctrine, and OOB editor. option and the game.

from there you can choose map editor, and you CAN edit hight of the terrain. thats all I'm saying

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : some dumb questions...
« Réponse #16 le: 02 février 2010, 21:51:04 pm »
Now I'm confused, I'm talking about the histwar.exe, the one that give the menu were you can choose map, doctrine, and OOB editor. option and the game.

from there you can choose map editor, and you CAN edit hight of the terrain. thats all I'm saying

And you're absolutely right. Don't worry about it.

Hook

Hors ligne Vonbakker

• Caporal
« Réponse #17 le: 02 février 2010, 23:59:45 pm »
I might not have followed the thread right ...but i think what everyone is not saying is ....you have to edit terrain elevation FIRST before anything else ..or the option for it disappears

Hors ligne malcolm_mccallum

• Soldat
« Réponse #18 le: 03 février 2010, 00:17:33 am »
And it would seem that if I do elevations first I cannot then do a River.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #19 le: 03 février 2010, 00:41:56 am »
There is a specific order you have to do things when making a map.  For example, rivers have to go in before elevations.  The entire list is in the manual in Book 2.   I figure if I make enough maps, eventually I'll have the list memorized. :)

Hook

Hors ligne splat14

• Soldat
« Réponse #20 le: 03 février 2010, 01:38:08 am »
Regarding earlier comment about not being able to specify names of save games, this is a shameless plug for the tips thread on the the grenadiers forum.

Basically rename it in explorer and it will show up in game menu as an option for resume game (load game) & video replay.

Cheers
(usual disclaimer)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #21 le: 03 février 2010, 13:15:49 pm »
So, in answer to my own dumb questions and, YES, after reading the relevant parts of the manual and fiddling about...

The most useful commands are found by scrolling into the top of the screen where the 'scroll' showing the height and distance factors.  A menu pops down offer all sorts of goodies, including generate random map, saving, and heading back to the main menu (ie. exit)

Once again (as with the demos) I find myself passing from a stage of disorientation and frustration in that the game doesn't have an immediate 'Mac-like' intuitive (some might say 'moron-proof') feel to realising the thrill of its depth and potential.

By using the menu(s) that drop down, you can add hills by choosing that option, clicking on the centre point of the rise and scrolling the mouse left or right (or forward).  I've done this both before and after creating rivers.  It does not change the level of the river (but does limit the line of the hill).

Thank you all for your help.  Any of you who want cartoons in uniform, PM me a photo and I'll see what I can rattle off. :)   Ta.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"