Auteur Sujet: Cav used for recce.  (Lu 12509 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Cav used for recce.
« le: 05 décembre 2009, 14:10:31 pm »
I'm having some problems with Cav at the END of their recce mission, they seem to stand around doing nothing - waiting for more orders..........is there any way to make a series of routes for the Cav to recce ?......like A to B then on to C and then back to where they started......or it might be best if after they get to the end of the recce route they simply return back to the Corps.
« Modifié: 05 décembre 2009, 18:45:09 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
Re : Cav used for recce.
« Réponse #1 le: 05 décembre 2009, 19:29:01 pm »
A possibility to give a recon unit waypoints would be nice so it could follow a route and then return back to safety without too much microanagement. :)

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 05 décembre 2009, 19:43:06 pm »
Why not... but version 1.2 or 1.3!  -> wish list  8)

JMM

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 07 décembre 2009, 14:06:22 pm »
I tried using Scout an area to see if the cavalry would ride around and detect the various enemy units nearby but they simply rode to the spot on the map and stopped. Surely they should
a)  patrol an area of  (say) 500m in a circle or semi-circle around the stopping point; and
b) return to the Corps HQ to report their findings (or send a messenger, who would request further orders).

Instead it seems that the player has to check for the point at which the regiment says "no orders".
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : Cav used for recce.
« Réponse #4 le: 07 décembre 2009, 14:18:47 pm »
I tried using Scout an area to see if the cavalry would ride around and detect the various enemy units nearby but they simply rode to the spot on the map and stopped. Surely they should
a)  patrol an area of  (say) 500m in a circle or semi-circle around the stopping point; and
b) return to the Corps HQ to report their findings (or send a messenger, who would request further orders).

Instead it seems that the player has to check for the point at which the regiment says "no orders".

The visibility of a CAV unit during a reconnaissance mission is increased to around 2500 meters, simulation of patrol on the area.
Right, after that, the unit is 'no order' and -like all unit detached- you have either to take the control or to attach again.
F8 : The 4th yellow button allows to show information about the zone.

JMM

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 07 décembre 2009, 14:36:18 pm »
I think something we might be doing wrong here is sending the Cav too far forward, if it can "see" 2500m we need not send them so far ahead.  Up to now I've been finding they get hit by artillery fire before you can change their orders......I will start and be more carefull with them and not advance them so far ahead of the main force - commen semse really.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #6 le: 07 décembre 2009, 14:42:45 pm »
I have to spend a few (?) time to make several videos / screenshot in order to watch the normal behaviour of unit...

For begenning:
a) unit seeking a way for routing;
b) unit in reconnaissance showing the distance to observe the ENY.

JMM

Hors ligne LegerDesOnheils

• Sergent
« Réponse #7 le: 07 décembre 2009, 16:01:19 pm »
to my wishlist then: to be able to manupulate doctrine for cav when on recon

-designate scout area
-initiative/agressiveness in that area (report only or engage weak targets etc)
-return conditions

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #8 le: 07 décembre 2009, 17:31:13 pm »
Yes because one thing that happens sometimes is that when the enemy draws near the lonely scouting cavalry unit tends to charge head on at the nearest enemy unit, even if the enemy has plenty of support around. Maybe it's just impetuous cavalry units like hussars, but I seem to remember having seen scouting dragoons make a solo charge as well.

LvD

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #9 le: 07 décembre 2009, 17:40:51 pm »
Yes because one thing that happens sometimes is that when the enemy draws near the lonely scouting cavalry unit tends to charge head on at the nearest enemy unit, even if the enemy has plenty of support around. Maybe it's just impetuous cavalry units like hussars, but I seem to remember having seen scouting dragoons make a solo charge as well.

LvD

Maybe a bug.. For this order, AI tries to assess the result of fighting against an ENY.
I remember I had adjusted a parameter before releasing the demo.. maybe I made a mistake.
That said, it's very important because this process is often used...
ASAP, I have to take a look at this part of software.

JMM

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #10 le: 07 décembre 2009, 17:45:55 pm »
If a scouting unit gets a 2500m field of vision clearly the need for waypoints is very much reduced (since in essence the unit is performing a "walkabout" of the area), but still it would be a nice feature if you could give a unit a Scout order with the option of returning to e.g. the corps commander after the scouting is done, just to avoid micromanagement of the scouint units. :)

LvD

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #11 le: 08 décembre 2009, 13:53:23 pm »
but still it would be a nice feature if you could give a unit a Scout order with the option of returning to e.g. the corps commander after the scouting is done, just to avoid micromanagement of the scouint units. :

What you can do at the end of a recon phase is to give a "rally" order by the CC you want his cav back.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #12 le: 08 décembre 2009, 14:07:09 pm »
I would like to see a "recce" order mean the unit can NOT, under any circustances, go ahead and launch an attack, waypoints would be a great help as well.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #13 le: 25 avril 2011, 03:48:51 am »
Gunner, you can set that in your Doctrine Editor for Detached Units