Auteur Sujet: Alternative Musket [EDIT: and Cannon] Sounds Mod  (Lu 14311 fois)

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Alternative Musket [EDIT: and Cannon] Sounds Mod
« le: 04 décembre 2009, 23:41:25 pm »
Hi all,

If you want to have some really nice musket and cannon sounds in the game, please download either or both files below and follow the instructions:

Alt-Muskets.zip
Alt-Cannon.zip
« Modifié: 05 décembre 2009, 13:45:16 pm par Cpl Steiner »

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re : Alternative Musket Sounds Mod
« Réponse #1 le: 05 décembre 2009, 02:01:17 am »
Congrats on being the very first mod (I believe).  We dips our lids to ya! :D :D
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #2 le: 05 décembre 2009, 07:35:44 am »
Thx for the first mod.  ;)

Hors ligne phef

• Adjudant
« Réponse #3 le: 05 décembre 2009, 09:37:53 am »
Thanx for the mod. :smile:

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #4 le: 05 décembre 2009, 11:10:03 am »
It's excellent, now you could work on the canon sound.  :smile:

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #5 le: 05 décembre 2009, 12:13:35 pm »
Done that. Works fine. Thanks.
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Alternative Musket [EDIT: and Cannon] Sounds Mod
« Réponse #6 le: 05 décembre 2009, 14:06:27 pm »
I will try this later, IF they are better than the current sounds, is there any reason JMM could not use them in the game ?.

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Alternative Musket [EDIT: and Cannon] Sounds Mod
« Réponse #7 le: 05 décembre 2009, 14:22:18 pm »
I will try this later, IF they are better than the current sounds, is there any reason JMM could not use them in the game ?.

No, he shouldn't use them in the actual released demo or game. I didn't make the sound effects, I just copied them from another mod ("Empire Total War - The Rights of Man") and I don't know who the original author is. As the original mod is freely available to download I don't see a problem in just unpacking the files and redistributing them in a form HW:LG players can use but if it was going to be in a commercial release the original author should get some credit and/or money.

By the way, for some strange reason when I tested the cannon sounds, they seemed very loud when quite distant from the source of the sound. I don't know why that is but it might need fixing for this mod to work at its best.

Hors ligne Pariente

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • Ἐργάζομαι καλοκάγαθικῶς. J'agis avec probité.
    • La Division Infernale !
« Réponse #8 le: 05 décembre 2009, 14:42:37 pm »
The current musket sounds were produced by JMM himself, if I am not wrong. So it is the sound a musket used to make, but someone in the French forum noticed that it did not fit with the reality of hundreds of men firing.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #9 le: 05 décembre 2009, 14:58:29 pm »
I like the current musket sounds.  The only problem I've heard was the "machine gun" effect.  We've heard voices get in a loop and repeat continuously at times;  I suspect the musket sounds do the same once in a while and that's what causes the machine gun musket sounds.

Hook

Hors ligne Tirailleur

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #10 le: 05 décembre 2009, 15:14:30 pm »
I had some time as a reenactor in the "5th Westphalian Landwehr Infantry Regiment". And I can say that the current sound (sorry JMM) is by far not the sound of a musket or many muskets you hear if you are on the battlefield.

Look at the video sample "HW32.wmv" in the video section of the HistWar page. This sound was much better - I hope this is the way JMM will go...

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #11 le: 05 décembre 2009, 16:27:19 pm »
I tried it, the cannons are fantastic, a bit loud for long distance as noted above, but I turned my volumn up and the cannons sound brillent, the muskets are better, but not that brillent.....it's odd, I play the Empire mod TROM most nights and the muskets in that sound better than the muskets in this mod, how can that be ?.

Hors ligne Memnon

• Sergent
Re : Re : Re : Alternative Musket [EDIT: and Cannon] Sounds Mod
« Réponse #12 le: 05 décembre 2009, 17:13:24 pm »
By the way, for some strange reason when I tested the cannon sounds, they seemed very loud when quite distant from the source of the sound. I don't know why that is but it might need fixing for this mod to work at its best.

I've tested and replaced the muskets & cannons with some other sources, but gave up putting too much effort into it.  In the end, for the muskets I just reduced my single shot musket sound (musket3) to 10% volume. It cuts down on the "machine gun" annoyance.

*For the cannon, I reduced the volume of all three by 50%. The game seems to control the in-game volume so some of the cannon sound fine, others have lower than intended volume, and others have increased volume.

*Edit regarding the above cannon comment: I realize that as you pan away from the unit the game will control the effect volume. The volume changes I witnessed were while standing directly in-front of the unit at the closest camera view or directly behind the unit.
« Modifié: 05 décembre 2009, 17:43:16 pm par Memnon »