Auteur Sujet: Baffled and Confused  (Lu 9249 fois)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Baffled and Confused
« Réponse #15 le: 03 décembre 2009, 23:19:17 pm »
I just checked.  The Russian light infantry didn't take any casualties if there was any fire from the Marines.  Both sides lost a few men during their routs, but that wasn't from enemy fire.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #16 le: 04 décembre 2009, 00:27:23 am »
Thanks for checking, did the Russians rout as well ?, I never noticed, thought they backed off.....why would that be ?......The French were in a poor position so to rout was not that unexpected, it was the lack of musket fire that confused me most.

I see somehwere you can adjust the distance they open fire at, maybe that was to far to generate any kills.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #17 le: 04 décembre 2009, 00:51:14 am »
The Russians routed as well, with both sides routing simultaneously.  I figure the French got a little nervous at the 3:1 odds, and the Russians had to clean out their trousers after approaching that closely to an Imperial Guard unit.  Maybe one of the Marines yelled, "BOO!" and it spooked both sides.

Maybe JMM or the beta testers have more information on what might have happened.

Hook

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Baffled and Confused
« Réponse #18 le: 06 décembre 2009, 10:47:06 am »
I just checked.  The Russian light infantry didn't take any casualties if there was any fire from the Marines.  Both sides lost a few men during their routs, but that wasn't from enemy fire.

That's an interesting observation. Does this mean that the game takes into account that, while a routing unit may recover and rally, some men will not return to the colours at all? If so, I'm impressed.

Holdit

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Baffled and Confused
« Réponse #19 le: 06 décembre 2009, 13:38:12 pm »
That's an interesting observation. Does this mean that the game takes into account that, while a routing unit may recover and rally, some men will not return to the colours at all? If so, I'm impressed.

It appears that's exactly what's happening.  It's probably where some of the missing and runaways come from in the final statistics.

I'm impressed too.  The game has a lot more depth than what we see. 

Hook