Auteur Sujet: A second demo  (Lu 11166 fois)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : A second demo
« Réponse #15 le: 01 décembre 2009, 00:46:41 am »
If it does what it says on the box it IS a great game, but judging from the demo will it do that ?.

It'll do what it says on the box.  Keep in mind that the game isn't finished.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : A second demo
« Réponse #16 le: 01 décembre 2009, 15:02:38 pm »
Then we do have a great game to look forward to, many have complained about the interface, why ?.....it's really very good, some French to English translation is still needed (stats and results screens) here and there but the controls are brillent.

One tiny thing I would change is to be able to move the camera with the up, down, left and right arrows, they do work, but are very jumpy, not smothe as the mouse is. I've never like camera controlled by the mouse.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #17 le: 01 décembre 2009, 17:21:23 pm »
I've already got a translation for that stats screen, but it still needs a bit of work.  I'll send it to JMM when I'm done and he can make it available however he wants.

It shouldn't be that hard for JMM to add acceleration and deceleration to the camera when using the arrow keys to move so the movement will seems smoother.  Put that on the wish list.

Hook

Hors ligne dippysea

• Sergent
« Réponse #18 le: 01 décembre 2009, 17:26:07 pm »
I think the interface and screen movement are good.

I especially like the F11 key to show what part of the screen does what actions.

Generally the various pieces fit in well.   

Hors ligne ivanmoe

• Caporal
Re : Re : A second demo
« Réponse #19 le: 01 décembre 2009, 19:37:30 pm »

It shouldn't be that hard for JMM to add acceleration and deceleration to the camera when using the arrow keys to move so the movement will seems smoother.  Put that on the wish list.

Hook

Might it be possible to limit how close the camera can get to a formation, make it 25m perhaps, an impenetrable hemisphere around units?

That would eliminate the tearing of the textures that occurs when the camera goes inside them (the formations).

I'd also note that the 3D figures look great at 50-100m, so if the bubble is made somewhat larger, it'd stop a lot of the grousing about the graphics.  :)

ivanmoe
"I humbly kneel in remembrance of the power and the glory that was the rule of Napoleon!"

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : A second demo
« Réponse #20 le: 01 décembre 2009, 19:45:28 pm »
Might it be possible to limit how close the camera can get to a formation, make it 25m perhaps, an impenetrable hemisphere around units?

That would eliminate the tearing of the textures that occurs when the camera goes inside them (the formations).

I'd kind of like to be able to look out through the eyes of the commander of a formation myself.  There are other ways to deal with the near plane cutoff that makes the figures cut apart when you pass through them, if that's what you're talking about.

Hook

PS.  Hey Moe! :D

Hors ligne ivanmoe

• Caporal
Re : Re : Re : Re : A second demo
« Réponse #21 le: 01 décembre 2009, 20:17:15 pm »
I'd kind of like to be able to look out through the eyes of the commander of a formation myself.  There are other ways to deal with the near plane cutoff that makes the figures cut apart when you pass through them, if that's what you're talking about.

Hook

PS.  Hey Moe! :D

Hiya Hook!

As you're no doubt aware, folks nearly always play these games zoomed-out. If they spend too much time zoomed-in, they lose track of what's going on in the game. I certainly found that to be true when playing MTW2. It didn't matter how good the graphics were, because I couldn't take time to appreciate them and still keep up with the game :!:

I'm a lot more concerned with seeing the relationship between the different arms ironed out. You guys that playtested Austerlitz for BAG did wonders in that regard, particularly when compared to its predecessor (Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle). The intereaction between unit types, cavalry, infantry and artillery was vastly improved, IMO.

Thanks to everyone who's working to make the potential of LG a reality.

ivanmoe

"I humbly kneel in remembrance of the power and the glory that was the rule of Napoleon!"

Hors ligne Seydlitz

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : A second demo
« Réponse #22 le: 01 décembre 2009, 23:08:55 pm »
I agree. Sadly I feel that the demo will have done much more harm than good - at least as far as those with a general interest in buying the game beyond this forum.  My own feelings are decidedly mixed: there is enough that really makes me excited about the full game, but also far too much which has put me off automatically buying straight away. At least until these have been dealt with.

I agree. As Iam having great problems, sometimes 10 CTDs in a row, under W7 I stepped back from preordering it now. Ill think Ill wait until it is released and see what others have to say about these issues.

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
« Réponse #23 le: 02 décembre 2009, 11:02:00 am »
A MP demo would show the true potential of the game.
I think Histwar is best made for MP than for single player.