Auteur Sujet: A second demo  (Lu 11279 fois)

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
A second demo
« le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:12:49 pm »
Now, I'm gonna buy the game no mater what.

But others seem to be put of by the demo, espesaly the lack of action on the ai part, it seems like the demo dosn't do the game justice.

I recomend releasing another demo with some ai and bug fixes some time before or just after the full game is released. If not there might be a lot of fence sitters that don't want to buy the game

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
Re : A second demo
« Réponse #1 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:17:45 pm »
If it had been called a public beta I might have considered it good. After trying it out and reading JMM's post I'll be surprised if we see a properly working game before the end of this year.

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:21:41 pm »
But aperantly most of the problems in the demo aren't in the full game.
It's demo onlu issues

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
« Réponse #3 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:35:55 pm »
Some stuff seems to be just missing from the "demo" yes.  From http://www.histwar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3136.msg42114.html#msg42114 it also seems some bugs might have appeared.

And then there are the rather odd combat/morale mechanics... I don't even want to think about that

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:37:06 pm »
Tactical-IA: only the initial part is in place thus it is little reactive.
Not clear if this means from the demo, or the game as it stands today.

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Re : Re : A second demo
« Réponse #5 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:46:57 pm »

I've never heard about that problem in AAR from beta tests, so I think it's only the demo.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:54:37 pm »
Lets hope so.

I recomend releasing another demo with some ai and bug fixes some time before or just after the full game is released
This could be a good idea, but how much work would it be ?.

Hors ligne pdmeff

• Caporal
« Réponse #7 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:09:36 pm »
Than I do not understand how demo was done...I presume it should be just part of the finished game, I mean just a few scenarios.Or I am wrong and there are more versions of game engine? ;) No matter what but this is not good way of promotion...

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #8 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:18:23 pm »

It only concern the demo.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
« Réponse #9 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:23:39 pm »
I fear that JMM simply took the complete game, rip off some of the functions and released it as a demo: if I'm right, I'm surprised that we can even load the whole thing...
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #10 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:43:22 pm »
If this demo was intended to win over potential buyers by demonstrating the main concepts it failed. If JMM wants to reach a larger audience than those that have already decided to buy, then he needs to release a working demo.
This version is nice to have and I don't have technical issues on XP but all the gameplay issues already mentioned in the forum. It gives me a better impression than reading the forum but also raises a million questions.

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #11 le: 30 novembre 2009, 20:25:10 pm »
If this demo was intended to win over potential buyers by demonstrating the main concepts it failed. If JMM wants to reach a larger audience than those that have already decided to buy, then he needs to release a working demo.
This version is nice to have and I don't have technical issues on XP but all the gameplay issues already mentioned in the forum. It gives me a better impression than reading the forum but also raises a million questions.

I agree. Sadly I feel that the demo will have done much more harm than good - at least as far as those with a general interest in buying the game beyond this forum.  My own feelings are decidedly mixed: there is enough that really makes me excited about the full game, but also far too much which has put me off automatically buying straight away. At least until these have been dealt with.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #12 le: 30 novembre 2009, 20:34:15 pm »
It's going to be very discouraging for JMM to read all our "issues" with the demo, if the game is the SAME as the demo, well, I dare not suggest it needs another 6 months, but who knows.......if the demo is a rough mix of what the game contains and there is vital stuff missing, then no problem......I find it hard to believe ANYONE testing this (for more than a hour) as it stands in the demo would have been so pleased as the beta testers have reported so far.....so, hopefully the demo is bugged and the GAME is not - well that's what I'm hoping for at the moment, otherwise it's gonna be a major let down.

Hors ligne pdmeff

• Caporal
« Réponse #13 le: 30 novembre 2009, 21:43:53 pm »
It's going to be very discouraging for JMM to read all our "issues" with the demo, if the game is the SAME as the demo, well, I dare not suggest it needs another 6 months, but who knows.......if the demo is a rough mix of what the game contains and there is vital stuff missing, then no problem......I find it hard to believe ANYONE testing this (for more than a hour) as it stands in the demo would have been so pleased as the beta testers have reported so far.....so, hopefully the demo is bugged and the GAME is not - well that's what I'm hoping for at the moment, otherwise it's gonna be a major let down.

Agreed JMM did a great job (according to tiny developer team)...BUT...I simply can`t imagine that there are any differences between demo and final game. Why would he released it in this state of development? My apologies but I simply do not understand it...Sorry. :cry:

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #14 le: 30 novembre 2009, 23:56:45 pm »
Yes, it's a real mystery....I've checked the LG forum almost every day for over 5 years and we all know new games have problems, no matter how long they have been in developoment, but going by the beta testers reports the demo is a bit of a shocker !.

If it does what it says on the box it IS a great game, but judging from the demo will it do that ?.