Auteur Sujet: Delay of Orders.  (Lu 9202 fois)

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
Re : Delay of Orders.
« Réponse #15 le: 02 décembre 2009, 00:19:43 am »
Delay of orders is a massive part of the game and cannot be underestimated... Battles will be lost and won on the delays of poor commanders I am sure. The difference between good and bad commanders (time delays) should be big. This way when building an army or commanding one on the field it won't be 'just another stat'. We will have to look and say, "AH Ney, good, he will get them moving". This seems somehow very realistic to me.
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #16 le: 02 décembre 2009, 00:43:40 am »
Gunner24:  I'd have to check the manual again, but there is an extra delay option that limits delay to 40 minutes, I think.  I don't know exactly how it works, because I haven't tried it, but you can have a look and see what you think.

Hook

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Delay of Orders.
« Réponse #17 le: 02 décembre 2009, 00:48:34 am »
Delay of orders is a massive part of the game and cannot be underestimated... Battles will be lost and won on the delays of poor commanders I am sure. The difference between good and bad commanders (time delays) should be big. This way when building an army or commanding one on the field it won't be 'just another stat'. We will have to look and say, "AH Ney, good, he will get them moving". This seems somehow very realistic to me.

I totally agree. The delay of orders is perhaps the single most important aspect of game play which seperates this game from virtually all other wargames (with the exception of TC2M - though I think LG does it much better). I think that there does need some fine tuning (some delays, as has been noted, are too long), but not having total control is a core part of what will make this game unbeatable.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #18 le: 02 décembre 2009, 15:08:29 pm »
From the manual :

2.1.4 Delivery of Orders (Immediate, Delayed)
This parameter also has a significant impact on the level of difficulty.
If the time delay option is enabled, two factors will determine how long it will take for
orders to be executed:
· The period of time needed by the aide-de-camp to deliver the orders
to your subordinate commander,
· The period of time the commanding officer needs to send the orders
to his units. This time delay takes into account the commander
officer’s competence, the number of units under his command, as
well as the intermediate hierarchy (division or brigade). An additional
penalty will apply to units of a different nationality to that of the
commanding officer.

2.1.5 Delivery of Orders (Immediate, Delayed)
This is the final parameter setting for the delayed execution of orders. This parameter
triples the time taken to draft the orders. For example, even without taking into account
the time necessary for the transmission of a message, the time necessary for
executing an order can be as much as 2 hours for a corps at maximum strength (24
units) which is led by a Commanding Officer with little competence.

2.1.4 and 2.1.5 have the same title ?......I'm not sure there is TWO options in the demo, only delay or no delay, maybe this has something to do with SOME orders taking 3,4,5 hours ?????.

Whatever the reason the orders being delayed is a great feature, but maybe for "gameplay" reason another look might be needed to see if the delays are too long - in some case's

would a CC wait for 3-4 hours before moving off after being ordered to by the CiC who is only half a mile away ?.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #19 le: 02 décembre 2009, 15:20:53 pm »
Maybe this is the reason :

2.1.5 Delivery of Orders (Immediate, Delayed)
.... which is led by a Commanding Officer with little competence.

Hmmmm.

It's only early days, Gunner.  I think you're probably being a little harsh on yourself, don't you think?!  ;P
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #20 le: 02 décembre 2009, 15:44:04 pm »
Ha, indeed, yes, maybe.....

I now see in the demo we have :

ORDERS : Immediate or delayed
DELAY : Limited or Historical

From my tinkering around I would say the "historical" is very very tough, on "limited" I find it far more playable, there are still delays but they appear to be a lot more reasonable than when set to historical.......I would say historical would be excellent for a campaign, but not so good for a face to face battle where the action is happening all in one day.

I believe with ORDERS at delayed, and DELAY at limited, we have a very nice "playable" setting but of course everyone will prefer their own combination of these things.
« Modifié: 02 décembre 2009, 15:55:10 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne mhlarsen

• Caporal
« Réponse #21 le: 05 décembre 2009, 13:33:55 pm »
The orders delay is a great part of the game, I like it and want to use it, but if it's working CORRECTLY in the demo I'm thinking it has been set with too much delay in some case's......would a CC wait for 3-4 hours before moving off after being ordered to by the CiC who is only half a mile away ?.

If JMM has done this like I think he would and should, there is no such thing as a delay working correctly.
Anyone and anything on a field of battle can be delayed for a million reasons for god knows how long as you well know.
But maybe JMM can another level in between where delays have a maximum limit of some kind?
Myself, I just love the uncertainty with these delays  :D

Michael Henrik Larsen

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #22 le: 05 décembre 2009, 13:59:40 pm »
But maybe JMM can another level in between where delays have a maximum limit of some kind?
Myself, I just love the uncertainty with these delays
It's a great feature of the game, it's only that "historical" appears to being in some delays that are VERY long and not much fun !....on "limited" I find it excellent.