Auteur Sujet: Corp Order will not "Stick" (Help save Legrand)  (Lu 2872 fois)

Hors ligne RichardG

• Soldat
Corp Order will not "Stick" (Help save Legrand)
« le: 29 novembre 2009, 21:45:34 pm »
I order Legrand to deploy in line on 2D map. Army HQ is very close to him. Red line order displays for a minute, and then disappears. I check corps orders, it says Legrand has no orders. I check dispatches, no dispatches have been sent to legrand. I look at legrand, he has no orders. I fast foreward time, waiting for command delay, Legrand does not move.

Legrand is going to be shot soon by firing squad.

Hors ligne Cyrano

• Officier HistWar
  • Adjudant
Re : Corp Order will not "Stick" (Help save Legrand)
« Réponse #1 le: 29 novembre 2009, 21:50:50 pm »
If I'm interpreting the defaults correctly, there's no order delay unless you put what amounts to a "pause" in place.  So the question is whether Legrand has an order acknowledgement in the F8 screen...I've found that to be the most useful screen for monitoring what my commanders are up to.

VERY interested to see how this will work in multiplayer.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we... -- The Whiffenpoofs

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 30 novembre 2009, 15:29:29 pm »
So is Legrand saved or is the court-martial in progress?
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:06:59 pm »
I've also had what seems to be orders never being delieved, even several hours later, they are displayed on the map with the orders tab, the lines and arrors are all there, but the Corps Commander says "no orders".

Hors ligne RichardG

• Soldat
« Réponse #4 le: 30 novembre 2009, 19:11:04 pm »
After playing a few games in fast foreward, heres what I've found.

The deploy line on the map will display for a short time when issuing the order, but disapere until the order is actually recieved and executed by the recieving corps. The line appears on the map again when corps begins to move. (sometimes 2 hours later in game time).

This makes it difficult to see the entire battle plan at times.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 01 décembre 2009, 00:00:44 am »
Ahh, that could explain things....have you found the order delay is longer than we're informed on the Corps Commanders info box. like it says the delay will be 1.5 hours but after one 1.5 hours has passed there is still no order recieved.

I'm going to look at this again tomorrow, the system is so damn good I'd dearly like it to be working correctly and only be a case of not being informed of something - like a CC not wanting to carry out a certain order as someone suggested.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #6 le: 01 décembre 2009, 00:44:51 am »
I'm just glad after the initial reports that changing the options caused the game to crash that we CAN play with fog of war.  I haven't fought the full battle yet, and it's going to be fun to play it the first time with full fog of war and not know the disposition of the enemy troops. :)  I'm *really* looking forward to that.

Hook