Auteur Sujet: Teleporting units  (Lu 11884 fois)

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
Re : Teleporting units
« Réponse #15 le: 30 novembre 2009, 20:21:01 pm »
My battles are unplayable because of disappearing units (both from F2d and F3d view). Whenever a unit takes losses without being in combat (usually, by artillery) they disappear..
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne dippysea

• Sergent
« Réponse #16 le: 30 novembre 2009, 20:56:32 pm »
It does seem to focus around artillery.  One minute there on 2d and 3d then they just disappear. 

I did have one where it was only infantry v infantry and the unit disappeared, then another one of my units came up and it disappeared.

Another time I had two units come in at the same time and then all 3 units disappeared.

Again, though I think there may have been artillery somewhere nearby.

There are some really good features, but the only real gamebreaker for me is the disappearing units.  I want to know where all the units are.  I can handle the orders not being carried out, but losing men for no reason,  not good.

As I said though.  Love some other features.  Excellent the way a garrisoned town slowly builds barrels and furnutire to hide behind. 

Hors ligne Svensksoldat

• Soldat
Re : Re : Re : Teleporting units
« Réponse #17 le: 30 novembre 2009, 21:22:16 pm »
For disappearing units, check if they disappear in all map (2D and 3D) before reporting.

Ha i can't beleave you just said that. I mean they should not dissapear on any map. I also can't understand this bug has not been noticed by the dev. It seams to happen quite common!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Teleporting units
« Réponse #18 le: 30 novembre 2009, 21:34:41 pm »
No really happy to see these bad issues.

I am not at my home this week and I can't work on the game (professional job constraint)

It's clear this demo isn't the best with a lot of problems. I modified some part of code before releasing the demo and it's possible I made some bad mistake...
The beta team works on the game since several months.. and we don't get a lot of bugs during the last weeks. (if yes, I didn't release this demo).

I have to understand.

That said, excuse me for this demo... ASAP, I am going to analyse the different problems before releasing a patch.

JMM

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Teleporting units
« Réponse #19 le: 30 novembre 2009, 22:48:44 pm »
That said, excuse me for this demo... ASAP, I am going to analyse the different problems before releasing a patch.

I personally don't feel that let down. The demo was bound to show up some problems with certain users' PCs that hadn't been seen by the beta testers. I'm sure the problems will be ironed out eventually. Don't feel too down JMM! :)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #20 le: 30 novembre 2009, 23:18:09 pm »
I'm sure JMM is a lot more dissapointed than any one of us to see all our "complaints" but there's little point in pretending all is well when it's clearly not......the CTD's no douubt will be easy to fix, I have had only one freeze in about 12 hours play, no CTD, no problems at all in that respect......but the thing I worry about is the basic game functions, could they have been "messed" up in the demo but be ok in the game ?.

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
« Réponse #21 le: 04 janvier 2010, 15:43:13 pm »
Just had my first disappearing units.
Playing tut03 as the coalition forces, I had an infantry corps disappear as the French came into range.
I had an artillery unit attacked by cavalry who disappeared seconds after engaging the artillery crews but who kept dying (Invisible cavalry is a tough one to combat...). :( :lol:
& a couple of less memorable other moments.

Strange it took so long to manifest on my rig, but worth a mention I think, in case there is an obvious connection between force types & code references for debug.....

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #22 le: 04 janvier 2010, 17:07:15 pm »
Did you play the tuto3 or the solo mode with the OoB of Tuto3?

JMM

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Teleporting units
« Réponse #23 le: 04 janvier 2010, 17:10:12 pm »
Just had my first disappearing units.
Playing tut03 as the coalition forces, I had an infantry corps disappear as the French came into range.
I had an artillery unit attacked by cavalry who disappeared seconds after engaging the artillery crews but who kept dying (Invisible cavalry is a tough one to combat...). :( :lol:
& a couple of less memorable other moments.

Strange it took so long to manifest on my rig, but worth a mention I think, in case there is an obvious connection between force types & code references for debug.....

This particular thing, i believe happened because we're not supposed to play the Tut03 from the coalition side... I seem to remember that JMM mentioned that there are just the 3 tutorials and the montebello map (which is the only map where we're able to choose which side to play...) the tutos are just to be played in the tutorial section... I believe he explained it as that he forgot to disable the choise in solo mode...

just been taken over... :mrgreen:
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : Re : Teleporting units
« Réponse #24 le: 04 janvier 2010, 17:11:27 pm »
This particular thing, i believe happened because we're not supposed to play the Tut03 from the coalition side... I seem to remember that JMM mentioned that there are just the 3 tutorials and the montebello map (which is the only map where we're able to choose which side to play...) the tutos are just to be played in the tutorial section... I believe he explained it as that he forgot to disable the choise in solo mode...

Right.. and disabled for the DemoII  ;)

JMM

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
« Réponse #25 le: 04 janvier 2010, 20:44:34 pm »
Ahhhh OK, that makes sense.  I decided to play tut03 as a solo battle for variety... 8)
At least this means JMM should already know the root causes of this behaviour. 

Interesting to see tho!   :lol: