Auteur Sujet: Editing Models  (Lu 2401 fois)

Hors ligne Rt. Hon. Gentleman

• Caporal
  • Marshal of the Duffers
    • MAPHSSOD HOME PAGE
Editing Models
« le: 28 novembre 2009, 21:24:56 pm »
This is a question for JMM or any other member of the team that knows the answer:

Are the 3d models of Histwar easily edited? Obviously, Histwar has to work on a lot of systems, past present and future, but the fact remains that some of us have better PCs than others. Whilst the textures of histwar are great, the models are obviously a bit low-poly in order to let the game run well for everyone.

Nevertheless, it would be quite nice to edit some of them, according to our PC's ability to cope. As some people may know, Empire: Total War is now seriously hurt from a modding perspective because CA have locked up all their models, and no-one can work out how to open them! Is there any chance of us being able to open the models of Histwar with a 3DS MAX plugin, or something? Can anyone comment as to how they the models are encoded, and whether the community will be able to work out how to open them?

Thanks for your time. I'm sure we all know what a great game LG will be, but as anyone who has studied the TW series will know, good moddability is key to a series staying on your hard-drive for longer.

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
Re : Editing Models
« Réponse #1 le: 28 novembre 2009, 22:07:10 pm »
I agree with you.
Histwar needs modding

JMM has not said too much about modding, etc...
But from what i have understood and if i'm not wrong(reading between lines), histwar is moddable.

We should know more about that point after the game release.

Here the topic about modding :
http://www.histwar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3168.0.html
« Modifié: 28 novembre 2009, 22:11:03 pm par Dagann »