Auteur Sujet: Demo crashing/problems  (Lu 52212 fois)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #90 le: 12 janvier 2010, 04:24:54 am »
I checked its properties, and it is pointed to the correct location.

Make sure the start location in the shortcut has the correct location for the folder that contains the LGDN.exe file

Hook

Hors ligne Mooncabbage

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #91 le: 12 janvier 2010, 12:35:53 pm »
Make sure the start location in the shortcut has the correct location for the folder that contains the LGDN.exe file

Hook

I had the same problem, this fixes it.

Hors ligne 43rdFoot

• Soldat
« Réponse #92 le: 22 janvier 2010, 03:10:28 am »
Aside from the usual crash on the non-Hussar loading screen, I've had several random crashes with no warning, and no error box. I'll be playing, generally giving the enemy a jolly good thrashing, when all of a sudden the game will just shut off and bring me to my desktop. I don't know very much about computers, but I can tell you I'm running Windows 7 on one of these:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01777301&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

This just happened a couple minutes ago.

And I was winning too... :lol:

Hors ligne Jack ONeill

• Soldat
« Réponse #93 le: 31 janvier 2010, 00:40:07 am »
Hey All,

Good to be aboard.

(1) The Demo crashes almost immediately. The opening screen comes up, holds for a minute or two, then vanishes, leaving me back at the desktop.
(2) Was the Demo supposed to install a start icon on the desktop or not?

My computer may be the problem. Here are the specs -

Dell 2350 series
Win XP w/ Service pack 3
Pentium 4 processor
1.2 Gigs ram
10 Gigs free space
built-in vid card from Dell (unfortunately), not aftermarket

Has run several other high-vid games like Warhammer 40,000 and the Take Command Series very well.

Look forward to hearing back.

Jack ONeill   8)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #94 le: 31 janvier 2010, 02:20:22 am »
Built in video cards do not work well with LG, unless they are in a new computer, even then you get trouble.  I bought a Nvidia GE force 8400 GS from my local Staples store for $70.  It works perfectly.  There has been a lot of discussion on the board about cards, the general consensus seems to be, stay away from ATI.  You also need to download the latest version of Microsoft DirectX, 9.0c at the minimum.  Hope this helps, let me know.

P.S. when you've installed the new card, go straight to Nvidia's website and update your drivers.

Hors ligne Jack ONeill

• Soldat
« Réponse #95 le: 31 janvier 2010, 03:19:20 am »
Roger that. I figured as much. My comp is fairly old but there are still ATI Radeon cards out there that will work. Will hunt one down on EBay (did that once before) and install it. Don't have much choice. There isn't an Nvidia card that works for my machine. Tried that awhile back also. Am running the latest DirectX right now. Will get back after installing the new card.

Sic Semper Avantis

Jack O'Neill  8)

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #96 le: 31 janvier 2010, 03:27:17 am »
Jack, be carefull with the Radeon cards, I bought  a Diamond Stealth and all the soldiers were black.  I presume you have a PCI slot on your Dell, the Nvidia I mentioned is a PCI card.  I have a Dell dimension 3000.  If you go to Dell's website and put in your tag #, Dell have video cards that fit your machine.  I did that, saw it was  a PCI, then bought my own.  Forgot to say it's  a 512mb, don't go for less.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #97 le: 31 janvier 2010, 03:40:00 am »
Jack, just checked.  There is no add on graphics card slot for your computer. Sorry mate it looks like a new one for you.

Hors ligne Grog

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #98 le: 31 janvier 2010, 07:23:53 am »
Jack,

Are you trying Demo 1 or Demo 2 ?

Demo 2 is much more stable. Crashes are quite rare in comparison.

The game is due for release Today  :D also new Demo (version 3) if I understand correctly.

Also wondered if you might be able to increase your RAM?

I'm not a that great with PC's. Just a suggestion.

Grog

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #99 le: 31 janvier 2010, 11:48:25 am »
Built in video cards do not work well with LG, unless they are in a new computer, even then you get trouble.  I bought a Nvidia GE force 8400 GS from my local Staples store for $70.  It works perfectly.  There has been a lot of discussion on the board about cards, the general consensus seems to be, stay away from ATI.  You also need to download the latest version of Microsoft DirectX, 9.0c at the minimum.  Hope this helps, let me know.

P.S. when you've installed the new card, go straight to Nvidia's website and update your drivers.

Not necessarily - I have onboard graphics (Dell running XP) and Vista on Toshiba laptop.  The Dell gives a patchwork effect for the ground otherwise it seems OK.  The Toshiba is fine.

I think I miss out on some of the detail but the game works.   

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #100 le: 31 janvier 2010, 15:04:14 pm »
Unfortunately, Jacks PC and graphics card are very old.  His game not launching , is a Direct 3D error, due to the card not having the ability to launch the game.  It won't matter whether it's Demo2 or the full game itself.  My Dell 3000 had the same problem and it was a newer PC than Jacks, fortunately mine had a PCI expansion slot. Jacks is so old he doesn't even have a means to add a new card.  His Pentium 4 and 1.2 G of RAM are fine, I am using the same processor and 1.0 G of RAM, difference is the Nvidia 512 mb card.

Sorry Jack, a new computer will be the way to go.  Don't know if your in the USA, if you are, Walmart sell a base E-Machines with no Monitor for $290.  I looked at this PC for my son, It has plenty of RAM and Processor speed etc.. It has an onboard Nvidia card (which will probably work), and the ability to add one if that doesn't work.

Let me know if I can be of any more help, you could send a private message if you wish.

Hors ligne Jack ONeill

• Soldat
« Réponse #101 le: 31 janvier 2010, 18:40:47 pm »
Actually I have 3 open PCI slots in each comp. Did have the ATI card in one of the other Dell 2350's. Worked fine. Fried it though when the harddrive finally died. It was the Nvidia which didn't work. My comps are designed as office/server-attached comps. (Bought them from my old work, way cheap). Relatively small harddrives - 28 Gigs. The ATI also was a 512 card.

Appreciate all the help.

Where do I find Demo 2 or now Demo 3? Didn't see them in the download section.

Jack O'Neill  8)

Hors ligne Jack ONeill

• Soldat
« Réponse #102 le: 03 février 2010, 21:25:08 pm »
Okay, I'm on drugs. My old ATI card was a 128, not a 512. Don't know where I got it was a 512.

Yes, I think you are right, its the 3D thing which is shutting down the demo. If I could switch it to 2D before the game opens, it might work. Ideas?

Also, 2nd. and/or 3rd. demos...Where can I find them?

Thanks.

Jack O'Neill 8)

Hors ligne bidermann

• Caporal
« Réponse #103 le: 07 février 2010, 09:03:33 am »
I have a problem with the game.  I tried to play Borodino but when I start the battle the game drops out and goes back to my desk top.

Hors ligne Radetzky

• Caporal
« Réponse #104 le: 14 février 2010, 01:00:45 am »

hi there; so is it still demo 1 that's on the website? will a new demo 2 or 3 as mentioned above come out?