Auteur Sujet: Demo crashing/problems  (Lu 52328 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #45 le: 06 décembre 2009, 21:15:18 pm »
Could you send the xxx.sav about this try (histwar@histwar.com) see folder save/bataille)

This crash is up just after "Go to the battlefield" ???

JMM

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #46 le: 06 décembre 2009, 22:00:35 pm »
Could you send the xxx.sav about this try (histwar@histwar.com) see folder save/bataille)

This crash is up just after "Go to the battlefield" ???

JMM

JMM, there is no save for when I get a crash like this. I have looked in the following folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HistWar\HistWar La Demo\Save\Bataille

and..

C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\HistWar\HistWar La Demo\Save\Bataille

Both folders have files in but none for the correct date and time. I think it only creates a save if it gets passed the CTD.

Yes, it's just after clicking "Join the Battlefield!".

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #47 le: 06 décembre 2009, 22:09:13 pm »
JMM, there is no save for when I get a crash like this. I have looked in the following folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HistWar\HistWar La Demo\Save\Bataille

and..

C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\HistWar\HistWar La Demo\Save\Bataille

Both folders have files in but none for the correct date and time. I think it only creates a save if it gets passed the CTD.

Yes, it's just after clicking "Join the Battlefield!".

In fact, the file is created just after entering within the program.
Vista or Seven hide the file, but I don't know the mechanism... that said, the informations you gave me on the post were right for finding the bug.
It's the AI GT seeking a Tactical plan... and I can't understand why you get a lot of crashes with this function because a lot of players didn't get this crash.. Did you use the Montebello OoB?

JMM

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #48 le: 06 décembre 2009, 23:02:43 pm »
In fact, the file is created just after entering within the program.
Vista or Seven hide the file, but I don't know the mechanism... that said, the informations you gave me on the post were right for finding the bug.
It's the AI GT seeking a Tactical plan... and I can't understand why you get a lot of crashes with this function because a lot of players didn't get this crash.. Did you use the Montebello OoB?

JMM

Yes, I used the Montebello OoB for both armies and the Montebello map. Sounds like a Windows 7 security issue to me but it's strange that if I keep launching the game and doing exactly as before I eventually get passed the bug. The background splash screen that shows once I get passed the bug is always the Hussar, never the other one.

Hors ligne Seydlitz

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #49 le: 07 décembre 2009, 09:57:33 am »
Yes, I used the Montebello OoB for both armies and the Montebello map. Sounds like a Windows 7 security issue to me but it's strange that if I keep launching the game and doing exactly as before I eventually get passed the bug. The background splash screen that shows once I get passed the bug is always the Hussar, never the other one.

As I wrote a couple of posts earlier this is exacvtly what happens to me. With the Guard picture I always have CTD, with the Hussar it always works.

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #50 le: 07 décembre 2009, 10:29:37 am »
Steiner did you use Admin account while playing?

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #51 le: 07 décembre 2009, 19:18:12 pm »
Steiner did you use Admin account while playing?

My user account (Jon) is an Admin account as far as I know because it's the first account I set up after installing Windows 7. I didn't use any of the "Run as Administrator" options (accessed by right-clicking over shortcut icon) although I have tried this when I first installed the demo, to no avail.

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #52 le: 07 décembre 2009, 23:53:36 pm »
Several times during my testing this evening I have deployed my forces and given the initial orders, but when I press W to start the battle nothing happens. The time counter is showing but it does not progress. I try giving new orders pressing W, R, T a few times but nothing. I have to quit the battle(which I can do from within the battle) and restart the application.

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #53 le: 08 décembre 2009, 18:25:23 pm »
The "battle won't start after deployment" happens again and again. I just spent 10 minutes deploying my units but when I press W to start the battle nothing happens.  :( It seems to happen more often when I use the "link" commands in the deployment phase, but that may be a coincidence.

LvD

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #54 le: 08 décembre 2009, 18:33:38 pm »
Could you send your xxx.sav file.

A beta test was reporting this issue some days ago... he played with Seven.
Very annoying because I can't get this kind of problem.

JMM

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #55 le: 08 décembre 2009, 18:54:27 pm »
I sent you a save yesterday with the same problem. I'm playing on XP.

LvD

Hors ligne Cpl Steiner

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #56 le: 08 décembre 2009, 21:58:50 pm »
Just played a battle in which my marshal Murat spent a lot of time behind enemy lines standing next to some of his men who had become prisoners of the Coalition. He was just standing around there by the enemy baggage train. I don't think he was supposed to be doing that.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #57 le: 08 décembre 2009, 22:12:18 pm »
I sent you a save yesterday with the same problem. I'm playing on XP.

LvD

I can't get this bug... After hitting W, the game starts... (in fact, the special sowtware is like the demo but it allows to toggle video mode to play mode.)
Really annoying... especially as you are playing the 2 sides (I had thought it was a problem with the GT AI)
At this moment, no idea  :(

JMM

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #58 le: 08 décembre 2009, 22:16:05 pm »
Just played a battle in which my marshal Murat spent a lot of time behind enemy lines standing next to some of his men who had become prisoners of the Coalition. He was just standing around there by the enemy baggage train. I don't think he was supposed to be doing that.

You are right.. I had some problem with this kind of behaviour but I thought it was fixed... no really   :(

JMM

Hors ligne Taff

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #59 le: 09 décembre 2009, 19:55:15 pm »
JMM got this message on a Russian line Battery Attacking the Village & ordered to attack Battery was firing as normal in Graphics
Erreur text3 460 435