Auteur Sujet: Demo crashing/problems  (Lu 52232 fois)

Hors ligne novalogic28

• Caporal
Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #15 le: 29 novembre 2009, 20:54:24 pm »
hi all first thing i would like to say is that i really like the game,but like others i am having a few problems can only get the demo to work in windows 98 mode even then the demo freezes half way into the battle or i get a white screen crash is there a simple fix for this any help would be gratefully recieved as i would love to complete a battle

thankyou

richard

Hors ligne ferragus

• Soldat
« Réponse #16 le: 29 novembre 2009, 21:11:38 pm »
Dont Know if it is a bug or not, but I cant get time to pass in the game. I give all my orders and when i press "W" or click on the "Chargez" buton everything stays as it was and the clock stays stucked in 10:00, units stay quiet French and Austrians.
I can pause and un-pause and I can also increase and decrease the time rate but with no result. Everything else seems to be working ok.
I havent seen nobody reporting this yet, so maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Demo crashing/problems
« Réponse #17 le: 29 novembre 2009, 22:32:31 pm »
Dont Know if it is a bug or not, but I cant get time to pass in the game. I give all my orders and when i press "W" or click on the "Chargez" buton everything stays as it was and the clock stays stucked in 10:00, units stay quiet French and Austrians.
I can pause and un-pause and I can also increase and decrease the time rate but with no result. Everything else seems to be working ok.
I havent seen nobody reporting this yet, so maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance

This happened to me too once. I had to quit the game (the application, not just the battle) and restart and then it worked again, but there is obviously some bug that can occur at times.

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #18 le: 30 novembre 2009, 00:13:11 am »
Also have units disapiring during artillery hit

Is it anhilated?

Hors ligne crazy canuck

• Sergent
« Réponse #19 le: 30 novembre 2009, 04:57:05 am »
I can only play the tutorial, not the main battle or it crashes

My system is more than adequit to handle the game.

:? :?

Hors ligne CountArach

• Adjudant
« Réponse #20 le: 30 novembre 2009, 05:09:29 am »
I'm getting the game freezing when I go near the edge of the map, as I believe someone else reported. Right before it happens there is a lot of lag and if you go too close to the edge it freezes and you have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

Hors ligne yoshino

• Soldat
« Réponse #21 le: 30 novembre 2009, 09:39:50 am »
I'm often suffered with CTD when scenario(including tutorials) loading. :(
Though,sometimes well at all.
It's completely an enigma.

Btw,my PC is Vista.I'm always use admin mode.

Hors ligne Seydlitz

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #22 le: 30 novembre 2009, 10:51:04 am »
I made a couple of tests today as I also have the occasional CTD. I recognized that it doesnt matter if I change the options. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt no matter what options are set. But then I noticed one little detail.
I always have CTD when theres the background pictures of the charging guards. HW always works for me when theres the background pictues with the charging Hussar. So I started HW for maybe 1/2 hour without changing options snd it always works with Hussar picture and it doesnt work with guard picture. Maybe others could look into this also.

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #23 le: 30 novembre 2009, 11:28:43 am »
This solved my problem with *Client stopped working':

1. Find the file initdiag.txt under HistWar\Langage\1 (0 = French and 1 = English)
2. Change the resolution in line 6 (Width) and 7 (High) to your actual screen resolution.

Sorry to ask a rather basic Q, but I can change the resolution, but cannot save the changes. I get something like 'file path does not exist'. Grateful for any help!

Hors ligne von Döbeln

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #24 le: 30 novembre 2009, 13:32:28 pm »
The disappearing units bug just happened to me again. My Chasseurs de cheval where closing in on the enemy artillery which fired once and my chasseurs where gone. They don't show up on the 2d or 3d maps but I can still give them orders from the unit card under the commander, and the order arrows show up where the unit should be, but it is nowhere to be seen. And just now it happaned to an infantry regiment - Enemy arty fires once, some casualties fall to the ground and the entire regiment disappears but is still available for order form the unit card. Smomething is not right here. :(

LvD
Let no bastard pass the bridge!

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #25 le: 30 novembre 2009, 14:32:05 pm »
My Chasseurs de cheval where closing in on the enemy artillery which fired once and my chasseurs where gone

I've also seen (Cavalry and other units disappear) this happen......still some work to be done I guess.

Hors ligne crazy canuck

• Sergent
« Réponse #26 le: 30 novembre 2009, 14:37:53 pm »
Okay well I fixed my crashing problem.

I the game set to run as XP Service pack 2. I changed it to run on Vista and now no more crashing.

However, I am experiencing vanishing troops like a lot of other people are too.

Still getting used to controlling the units. Sure isn't like the TW series.

:roll: :roll:

Hors ligne Field Marshal Blücher

• Caporal
  • Vorwärts!
« Réponse #27 le: 30 novembre 2009, 17:21:33 pm »
Okay well I fixed my crashing problem.

I the game set to run as XP Service pack 2. I changed it to run on Vista and now no more crashing.

How?

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #28 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:39:03 pm »
Ok I have mainly 3 Bugs i think:

1. Crashing while using the camera, especially when close to the maps ends. (several crashes)

2. Units just disappear when they get fire from the enemy.

and

3. minor graphics bugs like sliding troops or all the regiment is one big brawl, also having bavariens inside of a russian regiment and shooting at the second line.Well but i think that is graphics only cause the outcome seems to be ok.

Can anybodys say if they are already fixed in the real game?

All in all the battles go well.

We need to get used to troops with theire own opinion about what to do ;) lol

LND

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #29 le: 30 novembre 2009, 18:39:39 pm »
I found out I can chage all the options in the options EXCEPT for order delay, if I put in in historic the game battle won't start