Auteur Sujet: Corps,Division and brigade.  (Lu 32599 fois)

Hors ligne antonyo

• Caporal
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #30 le: 25 novembre 2009, 14:36:32 pm »
Thanks Lodi51.
I think i need to be more explicit.
Corps I: Division 1, Divison 2  Corps II: Divsion 3; Division 4
If i want to give a march order to half of my 2 corps; to be more precise: to divison 1 wich belongs to Corps I and division 4 wich belongs to Corps II.
How can i do that ?

In that case, you can create 6 groups in the OOB:

Group 1: Corps I
Group 2: Division 1
Group 3: Division 2
Group 4 :Corps II
Group 5: Division 3
Group 6: Division 4

And you will be able to order each of your groupings individually (still you would have left 5 groups without using).

You can always structure your OOB as you want, respecting the limit of 11 groups.

I believe that it works therefore it seems to me.
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2009, 14:38:21 pm par antonyo »

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #31 le: 25 novembre 2009, 14:47:17 pm »

And you will be able to order each of your groupings individually (still you would have left 5 groups without using).

You can always structure your OOB as you want, respecting the limit of 11 groups.

It may be better to organize like that :

corps 1 : one div
corps 2 : one div
corps 3 : one div
corps 4 : one div
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne antonyo

• Caporal
Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #32 le: 25 novembre 2009, 14:52:20 pm »
If, he is better thus  :smile:

But also you can create a group (called for example corps I or corps II) to integrate in him the artillery of Corps or some regiment of cavalry to even support the divisions.
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2009, 14:54:56 pm par antonyo »

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #33 le: 25 novembre 2009, 15:00:48 pm »
You will to micro manage the units from these 2 divisions. But I don't understand why taking one division in each corp. If you need 2 divisions to advance, why don't give the order to one of your corp ?

It was just an exemple. :mrgreen:
Let's say, divi 1 and 4 are my wings, and i want them to move. ;)

Anyways corps are not only big bricks.
If i want an order carried out only by parts of different corps, i should can.
In future battles, i would have plenty of good reasons: the ground, my strategy, the troops level, troops types, etc...
I guess this is one of the reason there are divisions, brigades and regiments. :)

Ok so, from what i understand, i will need to micro manage. Well, handling 10 or 20 small units is not the small convenient thing. But it's should be ok until the division/brigade IA.

Two other questions: ;)
1/ In your prvious post, you wrote:
For all other cases, units must be detached
Why should i detach these units ? I want to keep them in the corps. Is it possible to micro manage without detaching ?

2/ Do you know when the division/brigade AI are implemented? Or do you know if they are on priorities list ?

Thx Lodi57
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2009, 15:16:17 pm par Dagann »

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
« Réponse #34 le: 25 novembre 2009, 15:15:50 pm »

It may be better to organize like that :

corps 1 : one div
corps 2 : one div
corps 3 : one div
corps 4 : one div

But i guess, many times in multiplayers battles, i will be unable to get my own OOB.
Cause i will play historic battles, or i will command 2 corps in a 8 players battle.
In this occasion, i could be not fond of the organization of my 2 corps.
Or i could want, to command 1 divison of each corps for a specific action. Just cause i would think it's the best thing to do, or cause i want to do a thing now i was not thinking about, when i was making my battle plan.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #35 le: 25 novembre 2009, 15:34:04 pm »
1/ In your prvious post, you wrote:Why should i detach these units ? I want to keep them in the corps. Is it possible to micro manage without detaching ?

In the case you have 2 corps of 2 div each. If you want to order just one div to advance, you must give direct orders (micro manage) to each of the regiments of the div. So, the soft always consider these regiments as detached units.

2/ Do you know when the division/brigade AI are implemented? Or do you know if they are on priorities list ?

No idea. You'd better ask the boss  ;).
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2009, 15:36:13 pm par lodi57 »
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #36 le: 25 novembre 2009, 15:50:24 pm »
In the case you have 2 corps of 2 div each. If you want to order just one div to advance, you must give direct orders (micro manage) to each of the regiments of the div. So, the soft always consider these regiments as detached units.
So when i micro manage and give orders to regiments, the soft automatically detach these unites ?

No idea. You'd better ask the boss  ;).
Big Boss, JMM are you there  :mrgreen:
Should i open a specific topic ?  :roll:

Thx lodi57.
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2009, 16:06:27 pm par Dagann »

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Corps,Division and brigade.
« Réponse #37 le: 25 novembre 2009, 15:51:26 pm »
In this occasion, i could be not fond of the organization of my 2 corps.

Why not ? You can ask the CinC to modify your OoB during the plan meeting.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
So when i micro manage and give orders to regiments, the soft automatically detach these unites ?

Right.

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
« Réponse #39 le: 25 novembre 2009, 16:02:50 pm »
Thx for all your answers.
Since histwar is made for huge battles and avoid micro management, i'm just afraid the game will lack of flexibility. :oops:
With all paper and video wargemes, i have always been used to place each of my unit very precisely (before the battle, after, it's just a bloddy mess).

I really need to give a try to the demo to make my own opinion.

Why not ? You can ask the CinC to modify your OoB during the plan meeting.

But i guess sometimes, you just join the game without plan meeting. For a quick round.
An your chief can simply be stubborn.
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2009, 16:04:48 pm par Dagann »

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #40 le: 25 novembre 2009, 16:04:04 pm »
ok,I resign myself to this.A way to deal with this could be that when making the oob just to consider the Corp as a Corp and the unit as a Division.The battalions would be the regiments.The next release will take care of the intermediate AIs and the improvement of the Grand tactical AI. Everything is good,all we need is the game...or at least the demo.   :)

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
« Réponse #41 le: 25 novembre 2009, 16:08:05 pm »
ok,I resign myself to this.A way to deal with this could be that when making the oob just to consider the Corp as a Corp and the unit as a Division.The battalions would be the regiments.The next release will take care of the intermediate AIs and the improvement of the Grand tactical AI. Everything is good,all we need is the game...or at least the demo.   :)

I hope the lack of AI for divisions and regiments will not be a too dramatic issue.
We really need the demo to experience this.

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #42 le: 25 novembre 2009, 16:21:53 pm »
One last question if you're so kind: will the Division and Brigade leaders be represented 3D on the field? Can they die?

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #43 le: 25 novembre 2009, 16:28:21 pm »
I really need to give a try to the demo to make my own opinion.

I think it's the best way  ;).

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #44 le: 25 novembre 2009, 16:31:30 pm »
One last question if you're so kind: will the Division and Brigade leaders be represented 3D on the field? Can they die?

No they aren't represented. Only CinC and Colonels and their staff are.