Auteur Sujet: initiative  (Lu 15734 fois)

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
Re : initiative
« Réponse #30 le: 24 novembre 2009, 17:03:23 pm »
It is my impression that there are differences depending on year as well as army. Then there is also the question of the number of Guard/Elite units, as it does not matter if you got the points if the OOB simply does not have enough historical units to pick from.

Hors ligne LegerDesOnheils

• Sergent
Re : initiative
« Réponse #31 le: 25 novembre 2009, 09:36:34 am »
The guards were not superhuman; they could be shot up like any other unit. It all depended on the tactical situation, when and how they were used determined their success. For this game I trust their stats have been balanced properly (historically) but with the relative % of guard allowance their difference in ratios between OOBs should not be the major determinant of the battle’s outcome.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : initiative
« Réponse #32 le: 25 novembre 2009, 10:53:07 am »
The guards were not superhuman; they could be shot up like any other unit. It all depended on the tactical situation, when and how they were used determined their success. For this game I trust their stats have been balanced properly (historically) but with the relative % of guard allowance their difference in ratios between OOBs should not be the major determinant of the battle’s outcome.

Right. months ago, we fought with LG the battle of Austerlitz. French team was beaten and the Imperial Guard was overwhelmed and defeated by russian line infantry corps. When all the battle line collapses and army moral breaks down, it's very difficult and almost impossible for an elite reserve (guard or else) to restore the situation.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”