Auteur Sujet: Scenarios made with editor  (Lu 3550 fois)

Hors ligne Rt. Hon. Gentleman

• Caporal
  • Marshal of the Duffers
    • MAPHSSOD HOME PAGE
Scenarios made with editor
« le: 16 novembre 2009, 23:47:27 pm »
I was just curious: how many different types of terrain/building will we get with Histwar at release? One of the biggest problems with, cough *certain competitors (ETW)* cough was the repetitiveness of battles. Are there lots of climates/ architecture styles in this game? I do not care about eye candy, just so long as there is variety, or if not, we can put our own buildings/terrain in!  :lol:

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Scenarios made with editor
« Réponse #1 le: 16 novembre 2009, 23:52:22 pm »
Book 2 of the downloadable manual has some information on that.  There's a chapter on the map editor.

Four seasons.
Four weathers:  Clear, Rain, Fog and Snow
"Several bridge models are available: stone bridges, wooden bridges, and pontoon
bridges"

Brook, lake, marsh, deep forest, forest, bridge, ford, town, village, castle, farm, hamlet, redoubt, camp, vineyard, plantation, road and lane.

Buildings have either western European or eastern European architecture.  There are 3 styles of castles.  There are 2 models of farms.

Hook
« Modifié: 17 novembre 2009, 00:01:55 am par Hook »

Hors ligne Rt. Hon. Gentleman

• Caporal
  • Marshal of the Duffers
    • MAPHSSOD HOME PAGE
« Réponse #2 le: 17 novembre 2009, 00:30:12 am »
Cheers. Thanks a lot.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #3 le: 17 novembre 2009, 08:17:10 am »
The best thing with Histwar is the random map editor, we could never fight two times in the same battlefields. 8)

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #4 le: 17 novembre 2009, 09:53:15 am »
And more, even the random ground editor in map editor i find interesting. I often use the random ground that portraits river (if any) and hills and then i apply roads, lanes, hamlets and towns...trees and other.

Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #5 le: 17 novembre 2009, 15:24:11 pm »
There could be hundreds of maps within the first few weeks of release !.....I'm not sure yet if this is a  good or bad thing.  Sounds like a good thing first off, but what will the quality of these "random" maps be like, will they are be fantastic maps ?.....or will it also create some "dud" maps that won't be very playable ?......have to wait and see I guesss.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Scenarios made with editor
« Réponse #6 le: 17 novembre 2009, 16:01:06 pm »
There could be hundreds of maps within the first few weeks of release !.....I'm not sure yet if this is a  good or bad thing.  Sounds like a good thing first off, but what will the quality of these "random" maps be like, will they are be fantastic maps ?.....or will it also create some "dud" maps that won't be very playable ?......have to wait and see I guesss.

If the editor issues a map you don't like at all, as Montecuccoli said you can modify it before saving.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Beren

• Officier d'HistWar - Duc de Tavarela
  • Modérateurs
  • Lieutenant
« Réponse #7 le: 17 novembre 2009, 16:42:10 pm »
This system is like in the Combat Mission game from ---------, and is simply fantastic... sometimes the map will be horrendous, butyou can start the game again, the option is very simple  :mrgreen: