Auteur Sujet: Gunfreak's advice to HarryInk on Norway  (Lu 4061 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Gunfreak's advice to HarryInk on Norway
« le: 14 novembre 2009, 18:24:03 pm »
Hiya Gunfreak!

Just wanted to say thanks for your advice back on the BFC forum about Oslo.

We only had 4 days in Norway - in Oslo and Langesund.  We were there for a great aunt's 90th birthday.

In Oslo we hung about Karl Johans Gate some of the time and have a great respect for United Bakeries.  Best croissants north of Paris.  Also good fruit scones.  Haven't found their equal in Copenhagen.

I mentioned to our Oslo hosts your hint to go to Holmenkollen (pardon the spelling) and they decided to take us.  It was doubly good for us,  being Australians, cos it was snowing and my kids got to enjoy snow for only the 2nd time in their lives!  Wonderful.  So was the hot chocolate and the apple kake. 

Excellent advice.  Thank you.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Re : Gunfreak's advice to HarryInk on Norway
« Réponse #1 le: 14 novembre 2009, 18:27:36 pm »
Excelent, I did wonder how you had it.
you got Snow? that great, it usualy end up their during december, Today I woke up with snow on the lawn, first time this year it stayed, but it started to rain(frezing rain) and it went away.

Did you enjoy the view, you can see for miles and miles from up in the hills.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #2 le: 14 novembre 2009, 19:39:28 pm »
Well, we got snow so we had to let the view go.  You know, all gray and misty.

But, when we returned woke up in Oslo on Tuesday morning, the view from our hosts' place, er.. somewhere on a hill not far west of the city, was beautiful.   it's wonderfully beautiful with the Oslo fjord, hills, and islands and the sun rising in the east.  Wonderful northern light, all silvery.

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #3 le: 14 novembre 2009, 19:57:27 pm »
Yes, Oslo can be beautiful, on a clear and cold winters day it can be very nice, the same if you get a nice hot day in may
But 90% of the time it's either to hot(nobody have aircondition at home) or the snow turns into slush that ruins cars and makes it very wet and cold.

If you ever have planes I recomend either beeing here in January/fabuary or May/June That way you either get clear winter days or nice spring days

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #4 le: 14 novembre 2009, 23:46:34 pm »
Being from australia, where the spring temperatures have just sat in the mid-30s for a week, I find it hard to imagine Oslo as ever getting 'too hot'. :)  Surely just my limited imagination!

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #5 le: 15 novembre 2009, 13:41:59 pm »
Well mid 30s is about as hot as it gets in oslo, but as I said nobody have air condition, so the nights are very unconfterbel

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Major
« Réponse #6 le: 15 novembre 2009, 22:00:22 pm »
Ah well yes, that's true.  We went into a few museums here in Denmark in Summer, thinking they'd be cool.  There isn't the air conditioning we're used to.  They were so terribly stuffy.  I get your point.