Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 174081 fois)

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #285 le: 06 novembre 2010, 07:31:32 am »
Cavalier, this works pretty easilly already.  Just give your Corp an immediate order then give it a second order with an order delay and hey presto.  I usually give a 10 minute delay and it works well.

I have no issues doing it but it is not intuitive for the new player and nor is it flexible. For example say I give an order to a corps to advance from point A to B. I work out that it takes 20 minutes for that Corps to receive and react to my order and an additional 40 minutes to move to B. Now a place a second order to get it to advance from B to C with a delay of 60 minutes so it carries out that order at the completion of my first order. Simple, yes.

Now lets say half way during the move from A to B my Corps encounters an enemy unit which it must attack and push out of the way and this takes 30 minutes. The present system is not complex enough to really take that into account and I really have to resend my orders.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #286 le: 06 novembre 2010, 08:47:27 am »
I have no issues doing it but it is not intuitive for the new player and nor is it flexible. For example say I give an order to a corps to advance from point A to B. I work out that it takes 20 minutes for that Corps to receive and react to my order and an additional 40 minutes to move to B. Now a place a second order to get it to advance from B to C with a delay of 60 minutes so it carries out that order at the completion of my first order. Simple, yes.

Now lets say half way during the move from A to B my Corps encounters an enemy unit which it must attack and push out of the way and this takes 30 minutes. The present system is not complex enough to really take that into account and I really have to resend my orders.

That makes senses... I'll take a look to the system to change it! That said, I am no sure it will always be the good answer to the player request, but probably a best answer. Clear?

JMM

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #287 le: 06 novembre 2010, 08:57:13 am »
I would recommend caution here. People initially dislike the UI simply because it is different but personally I have found that very quickly it becomes second nature and is quite powerful.
Hence it may actually be a waste of time changing the UI based upon peoples initial response upon release of the game. Maybe you should run a survey before starting any work on the UI.

I agree with Cavalier on the UI. It needs some esthetic changes (relooking).
But not sure it needs a complete transformation.
JMM will you keep this work secret or will you make a probe on the player's opinion?

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #288 le: 06 novembre 2010, 09:04:37 am »
That makes senses... I'll take a look to the system to change it! That said, I am no sure it will always be the good answer to the player request, but probably a best answer. Clear?

JMM

The present options to have an order comence immediately, at a specific time or after a specific period of time are all excellent and IMO required. The addition of a "at completion of the previous order" option may be worth considering.

PS. The surrender option included in patch 2e(RC1) is excellent. My only comment is mayber adding a "are you sure you want to surrender - Yes or No?" message after it to reduce the chance that people do not accidentally surrender.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #289 le: 06 novembre 2010, 09:14:58 am »
JMM will you keep this work secret or will you make a probe on the player's opinion?

Probably there will be a test with some dozens of players.
Probably the graphics (icon, texture) will be not the final ones.
Probably a lot of players will like this new UI; it seems very efficient but I'll hear your opinion.

The present options to have an order comence immediately, at a specific time or after a specific period of time are all excellent and IMO required. The addition of a "at completion of the previous order" option may be worth considering.

The specific period of time begins after completion of the previous order...
but I understand the request...
Order A immediately begins; its duration is around 50 minutes (delay +duration to finish the order A)
Order B begins 30 minutes after completion of the previous order.
The order A spends a few time in more, for example 20 minutes...
In this case, the Order B has to begin 10 minutes after the completion of order A.
Clear?
And I can modify the rules to get this kind of control.

PS. The surrender option included in patch 2e(RC1) is excellent. My only comment is mayber adding a "are you sure you want to surrender - Yes or No?" message after it to reduce the chance that people do not accidentally surrender.

Yes...

JMM

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #290 le: 06 novembre 2010, 12:06:45 pm »
Maybe it is not necessary,a history orders of CiC.
example:
10.20 send AdC to Lannes for order deploy on line
10.30 send AdC to Murat for order defend on line
11.20 go back AdC (Langeron)
etc

with this it is clear the flow of orders (at least for me).
« Modifié: 08 novembre 2010, 08:41:27 am par Alfiere »
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #291 le: 06 novembre 2010, 16:58:21 pm »
I have no issues doing it but it is not intuitive for the new player and nor is it flexible. For example say I give an order to a corps to advance from point A to B. I work out that it takes 20 minutes for that Corps to receive and react to my order and an additional 40 minutes to move to B. Now place a second order to get it to advance from B to C with a delay of 60 minutes so it carries out that order at the completion of my first order. Simple, yes.

Cavalier mate, it doesn't work like that, it actually works how you want it to.  When you give the initial immediate order, the Corps will act and advance, it will form defense if attacked etc.. if and when it reaches it's objective, no matter how long it takes (you don't have to work it out), it will rest for 10 minutes (I selected 10 min Order Delay) and then carry out the second order. This way it will always carry out the second Order after the first order is completed no matter how long the first order takes to execute, or what turns up on the way. Basically, 10 minute Delay means, "execute the second Order 10 minutes after you have completed the first Order, exactly what you are suggesting. :p

See my screens below 8)

« Modifié: 06 novembre 2010, 17:05:14 pm par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #292 le: 06 novembre 2010, 17:17:07 pm »
Have to agree with that, I would have it at the bottom of the list of things to do !!!,

AJ is the "expert" at orders linked together, I think he is right, although I don't use that feature myself - yet.

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #293 le: 06 novembre 2010, 17:49:14 pm »
Cavalier mate, it doesn't work like that, it actually works how you want it to.  When you give the initial immediate order, the Corps will act and advance, it will form defense if attacked etc.. if and when it reaches it's objective, no matter how long it takes (you don't have to work it out), it will rest for 10 minutes (I selected 10 min Order Delay) and then carry out the second order. This way it will always carry out the second Order after the first order is completed no matter how long the first order takes to execute, or what turns up on the way. Basically, 10 minute Delay means, "execute the second Order 10 minutes after you have completed the first Order, exactly what you are suggesting. :p

I suggest this is what some of the players want to modify as JMM said in the previous post.
If you want several corps to be synchronized, for example to arrive together on the same line after the end of the second order, you may wish to take into account the time spend for the first order.
Rather than giving the duration after reaching the first objective, you may wish to give a specific time for a corps to arrive at a place at the end of the second order. In this case, the AI will adapt the delay between the two orders depending of what your corps have encountered on the way.
Not sure to be very clear.... ;)
« Modifié: 06 novembre 2010, 18:00:14 pm par thilio »

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #294 le: 07 novembre 2010, 01:29:32 am »
Thilio, you may need to give a specific time for an order to execute, not a delay between orders.  You never know how long an order will take... the enemy makes sure of that.

Hook

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #295 le: 07 novembre 2010, 04:35:46 am »
Please add a ZOOM IN/OUT feature for the 2D map.

Especially when you are playing the larger maps the unit symbols can be way too close together and on top of each other making it difficult to virtually impossible to give orders using the 2D map. The 2D map can become near unusable at the Campaign map scale.
« Modifié: 07 novembre 2010, 06:36:55 am par Cavalier »

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #296 le: 07 novembre 2010, 09:36:16 am »
Thilio, you may need to give a specific time for an order to execute, not a delay between orders.

You're right. Back to the manual, I see that I was a bit lost with the orders linked together  ;)
However, it will be interesting to have the option to adapt the delay depending on what the corps encountered.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #297 le: 07 novembre 2010, 10:31:58 am »
Please add a ZOOM IN/OUT feature for the 2D map.

Especially when you are playing the larger maps the unit symbols can be way too close together and on top of each other making it difficult to virtually impossible to give orders using the 2D map. The 2D map can become near unusable at the Campaign map scale.

++ 1 !

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #298 le: 07 novembre 2010, 16:14:51 pm »
+2

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #299 le: 07 novembre 2010, 17:06:45 pm »
Thilio, you may need to give a specific time for an order to execute, not a delay between orders.
You're right. Back to the manual, I see that I was a bit lost with the orders linked together  ;)
However, it will be interesting to have the option to adapt the delay depending on what the corps encountered.

How can you adapt the delay of one corps to synchronize with another corps if you can't possibly know what the delays will be for the second corps?  Either give a start time for the orders (which may or may not work properly) or do a halt progression on whichever corps is too far ahead, which take effect immediately.  Then give a resume progression when you're ready for them to move.

This kind of thing is no easier in the game than it would be in real life.

Hook