Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 174072 fois)

Hors ligne swl295

• Soldat
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #255 le: 13 avril 2010, 01:21:26 am »
I am a new poster to the forum.

What I would like to see in updates of the game:

1.  A random map and scenario generator all rolled into one.  The player could choose a timeframe, a map size, combatants (or random option based on year selected), and an option to limit the map size to a battlefield, where forces of the size of an echelon selected would dictate the map size, or a campaign option, which would simulate maneuvering over a series of days.  The map terrain should be representative of the theater/opposing forces selected (e.g., Germany, Austria, Russia, etc.).  I love the challenge of randomly created scenarios and I really don't have the time or inclination to design scenarios.  Also, include some geographic objectives for the player (i.e., take this town, defend this area, etc.).

2.  Include full British, Spanish and Prussian rosters.

I think this would make the game complete.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #256 le: 13 avril 2010, 09:36:16 am »
Hi swl295,

I don't know if this could interest you, but if you would life to play some new battles, here is a link to a file depot with different scenarios to download and created by some gamers (among which 2 of mine) :
http://www.guggs.de/hwlg/category.php?id=1&session=c76d7bf3bf4e7eea641826c0b0162046

Hope you'll envoy !

Regards,
 :D
Théo

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #257 le: 24 avril 2010, 11:53:34 am »
Besides the Division AI and improved GT AI a good idea would be the option to change the unit quality using the oob editor.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #258 le: 24 avril 2010, 12:22:17 pm »

1.  A random map and scenario generator all rolled into one.  The player could choose a timeframe, a map size, combatants (or random option based on year selected), and an option to limit the map size to a battlefield, where forces of the size of an echelon selected would dictate the map size, or a campaign option, which would simulate maneuvering over a series of days.  The map terrain should be representative of the theater/opposing forces selected (e.g., Germany, Austria, Russia, etc.).  I love the challenge of randomly created scenarios and I really don't have the time or inclination to design scenarios.  Also, include some geographic objectives for the player (i.e., take this town, defend this area, etc.).
(...)

+1 !  :smile: That and the option to choose different CEH for the two opponents without the need to go and delete units or corps.

Regards

Hors ligne Wagram

• Soldat
« Réponse #259 le: 04 mai 2010, 13:33:25 pm »
I would like to see a full campaiign option allowing you to gane entire historical campaigns  like 1805, 1809, 1812, 1813 etc. Also of course the ability to set up your own campaigns eg an 1809 campaign in which the Archduke Charles attacks north of the Danube rather than south or an 1815 war between the victorius coalition powers over Saxony, possibly dragging in the French as well,

Such a campaign system would include supply and strategic attrition. When a battle situation arises the situation could either be reselved by the campaign system or transferred to the game battlefield generated by the campaign map. I think this would give a whole new perspective on the game.

Also a future expansion to cover the French Revolutionary Wars would be nice to see eventaully.

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #260 le: 04 mai 2010, 14:48:04 pm »
As I've already stated in another thread (but my wish is so strong that I repeat it here  :mrgreen:), I'd like the Regiment database to be completely editable and not hardwired in the game. Player should be able to:

- Create/edit nations
- Create/edit commanders
- Create/edit Regiments

Some "professional" wargames allow this. For example the modern naval warfare simulator Harpoon makes use of an MS Access platform and weapon Database. Modern land warfare simulators ATF and AATF also let you create/edit the available platforms.
The logical question that arises from this model is: but then how does the developer get the return on investment? There are several ways:

- Selling well-made and well-researched databases as official game extensions (most users will prefer to have an already made consistent database as the basis rather than to start editing a new one from scratch - specially the graphics).
- Engine improvements sold as new versions of the game.

Regards,
A. Grilo

Hors ligne Casus Bellus

• Caporal
« Réponse #261 le: 10 mai 2010, 15:15:03 pm »
Guns are gathered in 3 groups : 4 pounds, 8 pounds, 12 pounds.

Yes but how do you tell which is which?

Hors ligne Casus Bellus

• Caporal
« Réponse #262 le: 10 mai 2010, 15:22:44 pm »
It would be great to have more options in the first-person, locked view mode, like changing speed and interacting with aides. i guess this would mean a different movement system, just for the Leader, but it would make for a grand experience. I imagine being able to watch the dispatch riders leave and arrive. I could be dreaming.  :roll:

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #263 le: 10 mai 2010, 15:41:58 pm »
I'd love the French to be able to fight the French, and Russians Russians, and so on.   I know, I'm just mean.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Marshal Beale

• Adjudant
  • Head Developer of Napoleon Order of War
    • Napoleon Order of War - TWC Forum
« Réponse #264 le: 18 septembre 2010, 01:57:43 am »
Any chance of a model upgrade, slightly improve all unit models in a patch, round them off, add more polies, so they are less 'squarish' and use this textures mod (here: http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=77) in the next patch if it is alright with the creator of the mod, as it is very historically accurate and professional, and I believe i make the game look so much better without slowing the game down at all and it should be used by everone as a standard part of the game.

Cheers, MB
I am the greatest force since Napoleon himself
-Head Developer of the Napoleon Order of War-
A mod for NTW

Hors ligne Cavalier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #265 le: 10 octobre 2010, 04:00:17 am »
I would love a withdraw from battle command which could be used by a player that admits defeat but wants to save as much of his army as he can.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #266 le: 10 octobre 2010, 18:05:19 pm »
I would love a withdraw from battle command which could be used by a player that admits defeat but wants to save as much of his army as he can.

Agreed.  Currently your corps will all go into retreat mode, at which point the losing player might as well stop playing.  This isn't good for multiplayer battles.  I'm not sure how to handle this one.

Another useful thing would be a command to have a corps leave the field.  This would be by command rather than the AI deciding it.  It could also be used to pursue a fleeing enemy.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #267 le: 10 octobre 2010, 18:15:28 pm »
Yes, this is something that is needed, suggested here some time ago :

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,4427.0.html

Hors ligne Vistula_Legionnaire

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Sergent
« Réponse #268 le: 18 octobre 2010, 18:24:37 pm »
I am just curious what plans there are....if any for an expansion.  I remember hearing that a "Prussian" expansion was being considered...but talk was long ago.

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #269 le: 18 octobre 2010, 23:25:35 pm »
I am just curious what plans there are....if any for an expansion.  I remember hearing that a "Prussian" expansion was being considered...but talk was long ago.

Agreed.  Its virtually impossible to cover 1813-15 without the Prussians.

I would also like the ability of the c-in-c to order specific formations for corps, eg MacDonald's 'hollow' square at Wagram, etc.