Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 174070 fois)

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #240 le: 15 janvier 2010, 09:44:34 am »
As far as I can tell the 3d map should SHOW all formations that can be seen by the other side, in their REAL positions......so if French A can see Russian B then they are shown on the 2d map and the 3d map......the last reported position (on the 2d map) need show nothing on the 3d map, as all the 3d map should show is REAL positions of troops that can be seen by the other side.

This a First person commander game, you are the CinC so you see what he can. If you are in a room A and someone called x in room B says to you that he sees y person in his room (case French A can see Russian B). Can you see y person ? No and if you want to, you must go to room B. It is not because a regiment or a corp commander see the ennemy that the CinC sees it too. In your example the CinC figure has no reason to exist because you can positionned him in a village behind the fifth line, you will always know the system of the ennemy as soon as one unit sees him.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #241 le: 15 janvier 2010, 15:29:31 pm »
This a First person commander game, you are the CinC so you see what he can
Yes.  I get it.  The 2d map is for plotted reports of seen troops, plus those the CiC can see.....the 3d view is for atucal troops seen by the CiC.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Music off, sounds on/off, and listening to iTunes while I play.
« Réponse #242 le: 16 janvier 2010, 13:32:55 pm »
I embarrass myself by asking for iTunes while gaming...  of course, it's there already.  *rolls eyes* :)
« Modifié: 16 janvier 2010, 13:45:05 pm par HarryInk »
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #243 le: 17 janvier 2010, 02:40:31 am »
The new demo is very, very good. The graphics appear cripser and much more 'rugged'. The movements look great when my forces are advancing. All in all a real improvement on the last demo.

BUT...(and this is a big but), when regiments come into contact with the enemy all the above improvements become almost wasted. Almost never is there just a simple 'firefight'. Units 'jiggle', they change formation, often more than once, they stand and watch while they are shot to pieces? In short they do just about everything not to take on the enemy. I cannot be the only one having these problems? These issues need to be spoken about, they are at the heart of the game. After all, is the assault and firefight phase not the exciting part, for most of us at least, the bit where we find out if all the hours we have spent setting up the attack has worked?
 I have already bought this game, I bought it in order to support JMM and all the hard work he and his team have put in. But these firefight sequences are now so bad that I am worried if I will ever play this game! It is chaotic. All sorts of messages come up on units card like, 'marching towards the enemy' when they are backing away, or 'concentrataing', when they are entering a firefight and appear at least to have nothing to do with what is actually happening. Mis-aligned units are often hopelessly facing the wrong way while firing? The unit behavour I am seeing when in firefights are so bad that I could see an 'average' gamer actually asking for his money back!
  Maybe the regimental AI is thinking too much? Perhaps regiments would be better to just line up on the nearest enemy unit and attack?
  It is very important that I make it very clear that in every other way this game is fantastic! It really is. Way, way beyond anything else ever released out there (and I have played them all). But this part of the game HAS to be right! Bugs or poor gameplay anywhere else could easily be overlooked, but not here! As I said, this is at the very 'heart of the game', the bit where we zoom in and watch'.
  Please JMM, sort this out. Take longer if you have to. But I really do believe that despite all the 90% which is so right, so good, this part of the game that is wrong will wreck it and sales will plumet.
« Modifié: 17 janvier 2010, 02:46:38 am par englishoo7 »
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #244 le: 17 janvier 2010, 22:39:45 pm »
It seems that the movements have been improved but the firefights are beginning more confusing and illogical in the demo II.

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #245 le: 17 janvier 2010, 23:19:48 pm »
Doctrine editor - how about being able to select several armies at one time and make the same changes to all of these rather than one army at a time

Hors ligne Malaspina

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #246 le: 18 janvier 2010, 00:04:32 am »

Another couple of wishes. They might be already in the release version (I don't know), or have already been mentioned by someone else (I add my vote to them, if so):

- an introductory text to set the battle in context, whether historical or not; giving indications as to the theater of ops, the supposed enemy forces, the goals to reach, which terrain features to hold at all costs or to capture, etc.  It would add a lot to the immersion in the game.

- an option to disable access to "options" after battle has been joined, not just for multiplayer, but also against the AI. I know myself :oops:. It would be too much of a temptation to be able to check exactly where the enemy is with just a few clicks.

Napoleon BlownApart

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #247 le: 19 janvier 2010, 00:18:05 am »
Mentioned in another topic : Battalion Squares !.

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
« Réponse #248 le: 07 février 2010, 16:03:35 pm »
Another wish : when examining the meteorological situations, I came to the conclusion that something was missing - if I am right.

In winter, it's everything or nothing

When there is snow, the rivers are frozen and are no longer an obstacle.

Because of that, it is impossible to simulate the situation at La Rothière or at the Berezina : snow but without frozen rivers (otherwise, the french engineers wouldn't have had to bother building bridges).

So we need another situation : snow without frozen rivers.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #249 le: 08 février 2010, 09:21:22 am »
So we need another situation : snow without frozen rivers.

It would also be nice if it wouldn't snow the whole day in winter. You could have snow covering the ground and making movement more difficult but without it actually snowing on that day.

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
« Réponse #250 le: 08 février 2010, 16:48:06 pm »
Give us the ability to select a "winter" season for terrain (which shows snow-covered ground, bare trees, etc.), and a separate selection for the weather (sun, rain, snow, fog, etc.). Than way, you could have sunny winter days, rainy ones, or foggy ones, all with snow on the ground. Also, the weather condition would determine if the lakes/rivers are frozen or not. So a map that has "winter" terrain but "fog" as the weather would have free-flowing lakes and rivers. A "winter" map with "snow" weather would have snow falling and rivers frozen.

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #251 le: 08 février 2010, 16:49:59 pm »
I agree, Broadsword.
Excellent suggestion.

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #252 le: 22 février 2010, 17:17:09 pm »
What I miss is a quick link (by mouse) to F8 - tactical orders. perhaps we could initiate that by moving the mouse to the top of the screen. Just  a little enhancement.

Hors ligne rbbane

• Adjudant
  • In honour of my Rifleman son, and all 4 Rifles.
« Réponse #253 le: 25 février 2010, 00:29:16 am »
I really wish that the battle would last as long as I want it to (in SP).  Yes I know, I have already adjusted the total "possible" time on the various maps.
But still the AI is "interrupting" my battles when it is satisfied that I have "done enough".
And yes, I know there is a "CONTINUE" button.  But this does not seem to work most of the time.  And even when it does, it never seems to give you much extra battle time before the AI "interrupts" you again, saying you have won, to various degrees.

These "interruptions" always occur way before I have achieved the objectives that I would like to.  Such as actually getting one of my Corps to that village right behind enemy lines!

Even when the enemy is in general retreat, I still want to be able to reach that far village, or run down those last few routing infantry.
It really makes me very frustrated when the AI stops the battle way before I am ready to finish!

I respectfully hope that JMM will eventually look into this.

XP SP3
Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Corsair PC1333 4 Gb
Asus GeForce GTX 760 1006Mhz 2Gb
Xonar D2 7.1

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
Stand up Guards!
Make ready,
Fire!"

Hors ligne harry

• Soldat
Re : Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #254 le: 26 février 2010, 19:44:10 pm »
It's already exist. Columns advance in open ground, deploy when close to ennemy, deliver fire, stand or not enemy fire then reform to chase or retreat or when everybody stands fire, the one who have an offensive mission try and close the range to have melee (in column or in line if too close to reform column) then the ennemy stand or not the charge and so on....

what is the program that is used to bulid this game...