Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 175433 fois)

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #210 le: 07 janvier 2010, 17:59:55 pm »
Right, F8- I mistyped.  If a single keyboard button to quickly view could be added, it would be nice.  No big deal if not.

I do see the Nato symbols in F2, but they only denote unit type, not formation. It would be nice to get an idea of what formations the corps commander is using in the intermediate FoW.  I'm going to have to hunt that video down, maybe it was the Austerlitz one?

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
« Réponse #211 le: 07 janvier 2010, 18:18:06 pm »
http://www.histwar.com/dl/videos/HW26.wmv

This video shows what I mentioned about seeing the above formation symbols in past videos.  I find these far preferable to the present blocks.  It seems that JMM had programed the facings in, so it would be good to have them added back at some point.

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
« Réponse #212 le: 07 janvier 2010, 18:20:01 pm »
They are still in, just press F2 twice.

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
« Réponse #213 le: 07 janvier 2010, 18:35:02 pm »
Pressing F2 twice yields the small icons.  Different than those of the video I linked above.

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #214 le: 07 janvier 2010, 19:45:39 pm »
Pressing F2 twice yields the small icons.  Different than those of the video I linked above.

I think I know what you mean (that little cavalry engagement and the relations of austerlitz..) have tried everything and didn''t find it...though I seem to remember to have done it once a while ago  :oops:  :cry:
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne gcbisset

• Soldat
« Réponse #215 le: 07 janvier 2010, 23:36:58 pm »
My wish for all RT type games is that they would have an option/toggle to report significant combat results similar to that in turn based games. I think if it even reported only very significant results (heavy casualties to one regiment, another regiment changes its morale level etc) it would attract many more players (players of turn based games), and could even be used for miniature gaming. Im sure the program makes a note of these things internally, but only expresses them graphically now. For extra credit, make the text go into a written history of the battle

To be clear, I am suggesting that if the option is used, a box would appear to report very significant events, and would remain visible until a key or mouse click was pressed. Im assuming the game already allows a pause and a map walk in 2d view at present. I am not suggesting that minor events (moves, formation changes, firing that results in minor casualties) in the game be included.

If it was available for HW, or if a second distinct game could be developed later, Im sure this would increase sales of the basic engine.

I started a thread called Solo miniatures? which several people have responded to, but this is actually a bigger idea than that, more like  "Optional stop and tell me what the heck just happened"

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #216 le: 08 janvier 2010, 00:15:37 am »
This video shows what I mentioned about seeing the above formation symbols in past videos.  I find these far preferable to the present blocks.  It seems that JMM had programed the facings in, so it would be good to have them added back at some point.

Those look good.  I hadn't seen that video before. 

Hook

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #217 le: 08 janvier 2010, 13:53:26 pm »
Those look good.  I hadn't seen that video before.  

Hook

Bonjour Messieurs,

Yes, I also agree .... they are more like the old LGAA regiment symbology ....  ;)

Much more preferable to me than the current level 2 - F2 symbology (which shows individual squadrons & battallions, that I cannot give orders too) .....  :(

And .... it is more consistent with the current level 1 - F4 symbology ....  ;)

Cordialement, DoE

« Modifié: 08 janvier 2010, 14:00:56 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #218 le: 08 janvier 2010, 14:11:06 pm »
http://www.histwar.com/dl/videos/HW26.wmv

I can add this last type of display... so it will be possible to get 3 modes : NATO, the old and the new pictures.
After the release.. Please, don't forget to send a message if I'll not remember  :!:

JMM

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #219 le: 08 janvier 2010, 15:05:32 pm »
That is a really sexy display.  I don't know if it can be modified to show all the information that the NATO symbol display shows, but it should handle most of it, and if it's not replacing the NATO display, then we aren't losing anything, and we're gaining a lot.

Don't worry JMM... we'll remind you. :D

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #220 le: 08 janvier 2010, 15:34:41 pm »
I remember that video now, I had forgotten it.....but that is like the "idea" I posted about having the 2d formations better shown on the 2d map.

I can add this last type of display... so it will be possible to get 3 modes
That will be a very good improvement, well worth while speeding time on.

Hors ligne Formaldehyde

• Capitaine
« Réponse #221 le: 08 janvier 2010, 16:43:53 pm »
Thanks, JMM.  They are too good to not be in.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Printable maps
« Réponse #222 le: 12 janvier 2010, 06:08:03 am »
It's just occurred to me that it'd be good to be able to print off maps of battlefields from LG.   

The context of that idea is that I'm just finishing Gills' Thunder on the Danube about the Eggmuhl part of the 1809 campaign.  The combats are quite spread out.  You'd probably used the 30 x 22km maps for the Battle of Eggmuhl, for example.  Several LG maps could cover the area from Regensburg to Landschut to Abensburg but you'd run into trouble with maps edges in clumsy spots, etc etc.

Anyway, the point is, if I were mixing LG with a little of mini-campaign kriegspieling, it'd be great to be able to print off LG maps.  Great materials to use when the despatches start arriving (though I suppose LG sort of does this on screen already....)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Fow view different on the 2d map and the 3d map.
« Réponse #223 le: 13 janvier 2010, 16:18:08 pm »
The 3d map shows all the units on the battlefield, even with full FoW turned on.

As it stands you can have the camera LOCKED to the CiC with full FoW turned on and see a tiny fraction of what happens on the 3d battlefield - fine if that's what you want.

The other option SHOULD be to have full FoW turned on but a full view of units your men can see, the same as on the 2d map.......this is not possible as you see all the units on the battlefield.

In pic one I can not see any enemy units

The Cav move forward on recce and I can now see a few enemy units on pic 2.......but on the 3d map I can see everything.  If I view the 3d map I should only be able to see the enemy units in pic 2.

Is this be design, an oversight, or a bug ?.

EDIT : What we need is a FIXED to ANY friendy unit camera, so you can only see what your friendy troops can see, with no helicopter view, but a view from ANY of your friendy units, just like the fixed to ciC view.

This way you can move from unit to unit along the fromt line a SEE what is happening.

« Modifié: 13 janvier 2010, 16:31:30 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
« Réponse #224 le: 13 janvier 2010, 18:43:23 pm »
Sorry, but if you could move from unit to unit to see with your own eyes what's happening in 3D, it would violate the entire design of a game like LG. Because that would be like having instand radio communication with all your units sending back 100% accurate reports on what they see. The way it is (and should be), in full FoW you see what your CinC sees. If you want more info, you have to send an aide and wait for a report, or move to that area and take a look for yourself. The time delay and movements involved in this are integral to making an accurate game here, so that the "decision cycle" is has an authentic lag to it and you're always having to make decisions now, based on information that is somewhat inaccurate and/or out of date. That's what the commanders of the era had to do.