Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 174129 fois)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #180 le: 15 décembre 2009, 02:43:48 am »
Ok that all sounds good. :)

I've seen both friendly and enemy corps pull back and form defensive lines, so I know it happens.

Once the corps is in contact, the regimental AI takes precedence over the corps commander's orders.  This is correct behavior, as once you send troops forward you lose control over them.  It makes it difficult to disengage unless you have another corps helping.

If your own corps are having problems forming a defensive line, it may be that you're trying it too close to the enemy.  I haven't had any problems doing it farther back.  It's probably that thing with the regimental AI again.

Hook

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #181 le: 15 décembre 2009, 02:58:46 am »
Just had a great fight. Some of the problems I see are still there but really enjoyed it! I can see I am going to have a love/hate relationship with this game!  ;)
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #182 le: 15 décembre 2009, 09:59:52 am »
The essence of my point is that I can never get a corps to a defence line as a co-ordinated force like D-Erlon did if there are enemy cannon.

How did you plan your attack? In the manual, it's written clearly that you must try to first deploy in line (far enough from the enemy) and than give "attack" order, to keep the corp together.

Corps sometimes do a short retreat in the game but I have never seen one make the decision that their lines are broken, their men routing and it is time to pull back some distance.

They do. When you see an entire corp moving backward, it's usually a controlled retreat.
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #183 le: 15 décembre 2009, 10:45:29 am »
Wish list:

Keyboard command to move all units of a corps with the commander, such as hold down a key when you right click the commander to move him.

Regiment AI to calculate chance of winning; in a game yesterday, one regiment of Austrians advanced against two whole French corps. They marched into 3 or 4 batteries alone. There should be something to limit suicide charges by individual units.

A new status for the AI to use, maybe "In close support of a battery" (?) to assign to an infantry or cavalry unit in reserve behind the artillery company. Thus assigned, the Regimental AI of the unit "In close support" will select, as its primary target, any enemy infantry or cavalry threatening the artillery company.

Regiment AI of infantry to work with Regiment AI of other friendly infantry units close by. An infantry regiment under attack by infantry should be able to ask a friendly infantry regiment (close by) to please flank the attackers. The AI makes a check to see if it would be safe to do, etc.

All of this is already existing in tacticat and regimental AI and can be partly modified via the doctrine editor.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #184 le: 16 décembre 2009, 00:22:56 am »
Just had a great fight. Some of the problems I see are still there but really enjoyed it! I can see I am going to have a love/hate relationship with this game!  ;)

I can understand... I believe a lot of code is right (99.9xxx%) but I must fix some issues...
That said, with the 3 tools and the last adjustments, it will be possible to play and have a love(99%) / hate(1%) relationship with the release  ;)

I am going to continue my activity on the game to fix the last problems after releasing Les Grognards.. Just one week for rest after several years  :p
My intention is to improve both the Great Tactical AI and the graphic render  ;)

JMM

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #185 le: 16 décembre 2009, 01:42:38 am »
Thanks JMM!

Don't fix everything, you will have nothing to do!  ;)
Once more into the breach dear friends...

ezjax

• Invité
« Réponse #186 le: 16 décembre 2009, 05:17:38 am »
Never Moded a 3d game with .dds files but I thought I would tinker around with this one. Getting around the alpha layer may be some trouble. Voltigeurs with no cords.

Hors ligne Vorontsov

• Caporal
« Réponse #187 le: 16 décembre 2009, 11:29:11 am »
Never Moded a 3d game with .dds files but I thought I would tinker around with this one. Getting around the alpha layer may be some trouble. Voltigeurs with no cords.

Excellent!
Give pompons for fusieleurs also.
I'll try to mod russian army after release. A lot of things need to change :)

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #188 le: 16 décembre 2009, 13:48:30 pm »
Two more for the pot:

Ability to change the direction in which a unit is facing.

Ability to have a unit advance to a location in its current formation without having to commit to attacking an enemy unit or having it do so in march column.

Holdit

Hors ligne FranzVonG

• Capitaine
« Réponse #189 le: 16 décembre 2009, 14:22:02 pm »
Two more for the pot:

Ability to change the direction in which a unit is facing.

Ability to have a unit advance to a location in its current formation without having to commit to attacking an enemy unit or having it do so in march column.

Holdit

imho, this is too much micromanagement for the scope of the game. I fear that it could become a risk in mp battles...
Lieutenant Franz von G., Cmdr. of the Lègion du Midi, 15th Division, IV Corps, Grande Armée.

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #190 le: 16 décembre 2009, 18:46:15 pm »
imho, this is too much micromanagement for the scope of the game.

I think that would depend on the size of scenario you're playing. If I end up buying HLG, I'll be using it to play (and design) small battles as well as large ones.

Holdit

Hors ligne IRH

• Soldat
« Réponse #191 le: 17 décembre 2009, 01:57:24 am »
Some of this is already being done, but I don't know to what extent.  Some corps commanders might refuse the order while others will do whatever you request.

Does "Support a unit" not do what you want?

I think this is already being done automatically.  You wouldn't see it often because the other regiment is either already busy or too far away.  We'll need confirmation from JMM or the testers.

Hook

No, I have regiments very close to each other, and they don't do anything other than lend oblique fire. Regiment AI should know how to left-wheel or right-wheel a battalion to deliver flanking fire.

Hors ligne crazy canuck

• Sergent
« Réponse #192 le: 17 décembre 2009, 08:45:15 am »
Agreed.

Chaning the facing of a line or lines is critical in battle.

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #193 le: 20 décembre 2009, 12:38:45 pm »
I wish to see the imperial music guard to be added even if it s a non combatant unit. May be it can give some positive moral of all the troops nearby. All the orchestral musics should be play (for the french side) by the Imperial music band. For the other troops just fifers and drums. It can give more immersion.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re: Wish List
« Réponse #194 le: 22 décembre 2009, 17:29:31 pm »
In the game, please ensure that when LG is minimized, it AUTOMATICALLY PAUSES.  The demo runs on to completion of the current action, it seems.  Very annoying. ;)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"