Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 174077 fois)

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #60 le: 03 décembre 2009, 00:40:34 am »
Artillery seems VERY powerful. Almost to the point where there has to be a long artillery duel before infantry can advance with any chance of getting through. Could it be made a little less powerful?

I am all only just beginning to get to grips with the Demo and this may be a not be an issue for everyone else!
Once more into the breach dear friends...

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #61 le: 03 décembre 2009, 00:48:54 am »
I really like the 'look' of the soldiers.  :D They have an appeal. They do however move about about a bit which is great but probably do this a bit too much. Perhaps tone it down a bit and just have one or two soldiers in each regiment moving. They start to look a bit odd when five or six are moving their heads at the same time.

Hardly worth mentioning, I wouldn't want any time wasted on tit but this is a wish list!

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #62 le: 03 décembre 2009, 01:13:23 am »
Divisions indeed!

I wonder how many of the wishes we have here are already in the game, just not the demo.  So JMM can smile and nod, knowing he's already done that work.

Actually English, I like the moving about.  You'd expect 'em to chatter in the ranks.  Thankfully we're spared the fellas running off to sh%# in the grass/woods but a bit of movement is fine by me.  I've got to go and check the manual as to what zooming in you can do.  Can I zoom in on the 2D view, for eg?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #63 le: 03 décembre 2009, 02:18:41 am »
I won't have my guardsmen 'waggling their heads about in the ranks Harry!

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #64 le: 03 décembre 2009, 02:24:36 am »
Have just played the Demo again and found that many time units are not 'aligned'. They come in at all sorts of different angles which I suppose is realist but sometimes the programme cannot cope with it. Often regiment stand about and look like they are tryng to 'engage' but move about without being able to volley in return.

This could perhaps be sorted by a 'strict' invisible 'corridor' regiments would have to be within in order to engage in a firefight, this way they would be opposite each other?

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #65 le: 03 décembre 2009, 05:43:39 am »
Divisions indeed!

I wonder how many of the wishes we have here are already in the game, just not the demo.  So JMM can smile and nod, knowing he's already done that work.

Ok, I haven't tried this in the game yet, BUT...

If you left click on an individual unit to give it an order, then click on the commander's name in the order menu, it changes to "division" with fewer order options.

Hook

Hors ligne Taff

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #66 le: 03 décembre 2009, 13:34:50 pm »
"Ok, I haven't tried this in the game yet, BUT...

If you left click on an individual unit to give it an order, then click on the commander's name in the order menu, it changes to "division" with fewer order options.

Hook"
Tried this.Comes up with “division Liaised” & both start to move (if ordered)

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #67 le: 03 décembre 2009, 13:51:04 pm »
Thanks. I just tried it in the game but couldn't tell if it did anything useful.

Hook

Hors ligne Taff

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #68 le: 03 décembre 2009, 15:08:55 pm »
Thanks. I just tried it in the game but couldn't tell if it did anything useful.

Hook

Like you I don’t know. In other Nap war gaming you would have a moral bonus from having the Divisional/Brigade Generals near

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #69 le: 03 décembre 2009, 19:14:47 pm »
When I say I would like to order Divisions I mean I would like to see divisions manouvering as a unit. using the above order through the regiments card is all a bit vague. At the moment we have many regiments doing their thing. I don't think it is a huge problem as long as an individual Corps looks like it is a single entity, its units wheeling and attacking the enemy together. I am more and more impressed by the demo...

:arrow:The only thing I cannot get used to is that I see many 'individual' battles going on. I think the one thing the game lacks is a dicisiveness! I want to order an assault on the enemy line and if it is well coordernated I want to see it smash the line as one or be repulsed as one! At the moment I am not seeing this... Of course it could well be something I am doing wrong like the length of my deployment lines? Mmmm!

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #70 le: 03 décembre 2009, 23:46:48 pm »
I tried to use the "division" aggregation and then gave one of the units an order.  The unit plus the other attached unit then headed for the upper left corner of the map.  Tried twice so a firm "feature"

Hors ligne englishoo7

• Capitaine
  • 'The Bloody 11th'
« Réponse #71 le: 03 décembre 2009, 23:50:12 pm »
Thanks 'quartermaster,' I will try that.

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #72 le: 04 décembre 2009, 00:06:27 am »
I tried to use the "division" aggregation and then gave one of the units an order.  The unit plus the other attached unit then headed for the upper left corner of the map.  Tried twice so a firm "feature"

The upper left corner of the map is location 0,0.  Sounds like a definite bug.  I haven't had it with the division commands, but I've seen other units with movement arrows going there, although it usually sorts itself out after a while.

I saw an enemy cavalry unit suddenly appear in that area today.  No idea how he got there and it was early in the battle.  Sounds like a teleportation issue of some kind.

Hook

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #73 le: 04 décembre 2009, 00:16:42 am »
The unit plus the other attached unit then headed for the upper left corner of the map
I've seen the CiC do this many times after after sending an ADC off.

Hors ligne LegerDesOnheils

• Sergent
« Réponse #74 le: 04 décembre 2009, 09:01:55 am »
I haven't had much game time, I just finished the tutorials. Something I immediately noticed was the fading rate of sound with distance. I imagine you should be able to hear guns from more than 1-2 miles away but in the game it seems more on/off. It would help the immersion, for me at least, if you could hear the distand boom and thunder across the battlefield. (how else could we march to the sounds of the guns ;))

Overall I'm very pleased with the demo (knowing that it has flaws) because it does give a hint of what the full game is going to be. I do not understand all the units behaviors but I still have to try the solo game. Some additional wishes for the list might come with more game time.