Auteur Sujet: Wish List  (Lu 175088 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Wish List
« le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:04:48 am »
Before releasing the game, a wish list  ;)

JMM

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
Re : Wish List
« Réponse #1 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:32:14 am »
1. 3, 6, and 9Pdr., different Howitzer-Calibers including Russian Unicorns. Not really a big deal, great Stat Changes or new models wouldn't even be necessary.

2. Maybe a option that all Corps Commander can be wounded/killed instead of just one per battle. The manuell says that this was a balance decision and of course I can't really comment on that without having played the game.

3. The possibility to use attack columns as a mere maneuvering formation to close up on the enemy and then form line, as it was often used historically.
« Modifié: 13 novembre 2009, 11:37:32 am par D3m0 »

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #2 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:51:02 am »
3. The possibility to use attack columns as a mere maneuvering formation to close up on the enemy and then form line, as it was often used historically.

It's already exist. Columns advance in open ground, deploy when close to ennemy, deliver fire, stand or not enemy fire then reform to chase or retreat or when everybody stands fire, the one who have an offensive mission try and close the range to have melee (in column or in line if too close to reform column) then the ennemy stand or not the charge and so on....
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:55:14 am »
more than 100 units/300CEH  

Hors ligne ess1

• Capitaine
« Réponse #4 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:57:59 am »
JMM,   Please don't add anything if this delays the release :cry:

Once again, many thanks for all your efforts.   Anticipation is the best part of the journey :!:

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
Re : Re : Re : Wish List
« Réponse #5 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:59:25 am »
It's already exist. Columns advance in open ground, deploy when close to ennemy, deliver fire, stand or not enemy fire then reform to chase or retreat or when everybody stands fire, the one who have an offensive mission try and close the range to have melee (in column or in line if too close to reform column) then the ennemy stand or not the charge and so on....

Okay, that's great to hear. :)

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #6 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:59:51 am »
1. 3, 6, and 9Pdr

Guns are gathered in 3 groups : 4 pounds, 8 pounds, 12 pounds. For example, austrian 3£ is included in 4£ group and russian 6£ in 8£ group. But this doesn't mean that it has the same capacities of french 4£ or 8£. Groups are modulated in relation to the real specifications of each artillery nations.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne CountArach

• Adjudant
« Réponse #7 le: 13 novembre 2009, 14:13:18 pm »
Just a little thing that is fairly unimportant and may well already be in the release. But when you access the online help it would be great if it could pause the game, because I presume the whole thing would minimise and open the web browser. That would be great.

Hors ligne CBR

• Capitaine
« Réponse #8 le: 13 novembre 2009, 14:56:58 pm »
Terrain features like sunken roads, stonewalls and hedges. Stuff that annoys movement, especially cavalry charges or gives a defensive bonus versus muskets.

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #9 le: 13 novembre 2009, 15:53:26 pm »
The possibility to send a sequence of orders with the same messenger.As I understand it now each messenger can carry only one order. Besides being unrealistic,the first aide de camp can be killed so only the second order reaches the destination.The result is that the corps commander starts executing directly the second order when the chronological execution is most important(for ex. making a detour movement)

The option to choose between a safe route or a fast route for the messenger,according to the needs of a particular tactical situation.If a fast action is desperately needed we can choose a faster(but perhaps more risky) route.If we need an order to reach safely to the destination,even with a delay, we may choose the second route.

PS I just want to say that there is no hurry to implement all theese into the first release which can delay it even longer. The game is great as it is now and we can wait for this wish-list to be into the next release.

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
« Réponse #10 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:47:02 pm »
I like your suggestions, Cambronne.

Another suggestion.
Making a special forum devoted to wishlist.
I guess in a few month, there will be 30 or 50 pages in this thread.
Most of the time, this kind of thread becomes messy. Cause in the same topic, we get many different ideas/subjects with differents discussions and posts talking about different subjects, mixed all together.

I know many fora have their "suggestion topic".
But, those marmelades of ideas give me headache and daunt me.
Morever, i'm afraid good ideas go unnoticed in the river of suggestions.

I would prefer creating 1 topic for 1 suggestion.
This would make better debates, and may improve the original suggestions more surely.

But, may be it would make the forum too fat :?

Hors ligne D3m0

• Sergent
« Réponse #11 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:53:02 pm »
There is already one:
Evolution / Evolution / Evolucion
Exprimez vos souhaits pour améliorer HistWar / Tell us what you want to improve HistWar / Diganos lo que quieres para mejorar HistWar

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #12 le: 13 novembre 2009, 16:55:41 pm »
A couple of little suggestions :

1. Some form of "extended" play, be it a Campaign, or some form of "linked" battles, where the result of one battle has an effect on later battles, so each battle is not a "one off" result with no bearing on future events.

2. More detailed terrain, but this is not vital, as it can make things worse for AI pathfinding.

The most important thing LG needs, as soon as it's possible, if it is possible, is a :

MP game lobby, where you log in, host a game and can be joined by anyone in the lobby, with games password protected so you can invite players into your game.

Hors ligne Dagann

• Capitaine
« Réponse #13 le: 13 novembre 2009, 17:02:08 pm »
There is already one:

Damn you are right. My fault :(

But this thread is not short-circuiting the Evolution / Evolution / Evolucion forum ?
We need to revamp it.

Hors ligne dmcheatw

• Sergent
« Réponse #14 le: 13 novembre 2009, 18:03:24 pm »
Terrain features like sunken roads, stonewalls and hedges. Stuff that annoys movement, especially cavalry charges or gives a defensive bonus versus muskets.

I just wanted to add my vote to this.