Auteur Sujet: messenger's route  (Lu 3791 fois)

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
messenger's route
« le: 13 novembre 2009, 10:10:53 am »
how will the messenger carying orders for the corps commanders choose the route to reach the destination? can I specify a path for him in order to avoid the enemy(if possible),or will he choose the safest route?can I choose between the safety and the speed? Thanks!

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Re : messenger's route
« Réponse #1 le: 13 novembre 2009, 10:16:58 am »
Its an interesting question.  In Take Command, the messengers ride fairly directly to the subordinate.  In action, this sometimes means messenger after messenger can get killed which throws up a info box that you have to OK, over and over.  It's a clumsy little glitch and I wonder why they haven't patched their kamakaze messengers...
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne lodi57

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 13 novembre 2009, 11:15:57 am »
how will the messenger carying orders for the corps commanders choose the route to reach the destination? can I specify a path for him in order to avoid the enemy(if possible),or will he choose the safest route?can I choose between the safety and the speed? Thanks!

Messengers does not exist as figures, they are virtual. They chose their own way regarding the importance of speed to deliver their message and their safety. But sometimes, a cannon ball... or cossacks cross their way  :twisted:.
“Jamais d’aultres armes nous prendront, que celles que nous élisons ; et nous disons pour réconfort, nous voulons la liberté ou la mort !”

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #3 le: 13 novembre 2009, 13:21:05 pm »

There isn't a formal path, but AI verifies the threat on the optimal line between the two points.
A random process estimates the interception. This event is extremely rare on the battle map... possible on the mini-campaign map.

That said, idea about the choice is interesting.. Maybe you can add to the wish-list

JMM

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 13 novembre 2009, 17:07:48 pm »
Clearly making allowance for terrain, and enemy units, would not a simple "in a stright line from A to B" be best ?.