Auteur Sujet: NEWS...  (Lu 86360 fois)

Hors ligne marlborough

• Soldat
Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #15 le: 07 novembre 2009, 11:53:57 am »
 :D  Hi to all and JMM this is great news!!! :)

Hors ligne rbbane

• Adjudant
  • In honour of my Rifleman son, and all 4 Rifles.
« Réponse #16 le: 07 novembre 2009, 12:37:53 pm »
I've been an avid watcher of the game for a long time now, and was very dismayed to see of ---------'s action.   
But JMM, you are a fighter, and you will come through this. 

You say that the manual will go onto the server next Wednesday.  This will just be for us to "look at" I presume, and not for downloading? 

I will be watching closely to see how we will be able to buy the boxed game and manual. 
Carry on the great work JMM.

Very best wishes.   
XP SP3
Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Corsair PC1333 4 Gb
Asus GeForce GTX 760 1006Mhz 2Gb
Xonar D2 7.1

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
Stand up Guards!
Make ready,
Fire!"

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #17 le: 07 novembre 2009, 12:58:49 pm »
Bonjour Messieurs,

A minor setback ... not unusual ... it comes with the profession ....

I suggest you finish your breakfast, extinguish campfires, load packs, form ranks and prepare to march ...

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 07 novembre 2009, 13:03:06 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne dmcheatw

• Sergent
« Réponse #18 le: 07 novembre 2009, 17:31:38 pm »
well if this game is what we are hoping it is, i have no doubt it will sell via word of mouth alone

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #19 le: 07 novembre 2009, 19:25:47 pm »
well if this game is what we are hoping it is, i have no doubt it will sell via word of mouth alone

I wish that was true, Take command got GREAT reviews from wargamers, and every body tried to spread the word of the great games.
But as far as I know, non of the games sold very well, partly because fewer and fewer game stores sell pc games, they almost always only sells console games now, and the target market for these kinda games are directed thowards people they don't realy buy games online.
They are often of an older generation and often don't trust online stores ect.
Hell we know that many of the people over at BF that hung out in histwar forum, was quite aged, I think we have people 60-70 years old, often old school wargamers that have been playing with miniatrues since the 60s. it's a hard market to crack, many in that age don't have computers or don't trust them.
and many belive that computer wargames can never be as good as miniature wargames ect.
But if you can crack the target market, and if you can get TW players to try it, then the game might sell very vell

Hors ligne christ2burd

• Caporal
« Réponse #20 le: 07 novembre 2009, 19:38:15 pm »
gneugneugneu

tu sais ce qu'il te dit le wargamers "vieille école"....

lol

Hors ligne little soldier

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #21 le: 07 novembre 2009, 20:33:55 pm »

But if you can crack the target market, and if you can get TW players to try it, then the game might sell very vell

Get TW players over to HWLG is a very tall order...

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #22 le: 07 novembre 2009, 20:47:44 pm »
Yeah, I know sevral people that "will play anything made my CA"

This guy is REALY looking forward to Napoleon Total War, and I keep showing him pics of Histwar ect. and he says, "he's not realy intrested in the period"

So I had to ask why does he want Napoleon TW, and his answer was, becasue it was Total war.

So some people buy simply out of fanshon reasion, like people paying 500% more for some jeans just because they have a know brand lable.

But if you get just 5% of the total war gamers to buy this game, then you got like 250 000 copies sold

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
« Réponse #23 le: 08 novembre 2009, 00:09:47 am »
Well there is strategies like anything to capture that market, it just a matter of application
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester

Hors ligne KG_Lehr

• Soldat
« Réponse #24 le: 08 novembre 2009, 01:53:17 am »
I have been a TW player since the release of the first TW:Shogun.  While I expect to find entertainment in Napoleon: TW, a know going in that it will have to be a watered down mass market product.  CA has been going further that direction with each release.  American Indian LANCERS?  Come ON.....and the trailer for Napoleon is no better.   

CA is trying to divert attention from their AngloCentric Bias & POV with their trailer, only to reinforce it with their towering unrecognizable caricature of Napoleon as a nearly daemonic arch-tyrant running rough-shod over the world, and especially England.  You know Empire:TW ship battles are beautiful, but that is as far as it goes.  Ships of the NEVER pirouetted like that in real life, and if they tried to, they would be unable to reload even one broadside until the manuever was over.   Not to mention that no ship could stop suddenly in deep water, either; or accelerate like they do in the game.

I think a closely designed game like Hist Wars' Les Grognards will be FAR more interesting for a much longer time.  Any simulation good enough to be able to reliably recreate historical battle effects and outcomes will be much more engrossing to play.  I noticed in one AAR that not only did the combat effects closely resemble real life, the players observed that while they were able to order their Corps to disengage and try a different plan, actually disengaging units that had been commited too far was very difficult.  This is one of the most crucial realities of Napoleonic Warfare, and I was heartened to see the game mechanics illustrate that.

I can't wait.....!

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #25 le: 08 novembre 2009, 10:36:26 am »
Yeah, I know sevral people that "will play anything made my CA"

This guy is REALY looking forward to Napoleon Total War, and I keep showing him pics of Histwar ect. and he says, "he's not realy intrested in the period"

So I had to ask why does he want Napoleon TW, and his answer was, becasue it was Total war.

So some people buy simply out of fanshon reasion, like people paying 500% more for some jeans just because they have a know brand lable.

But if you get just 5% of the total war gamers to buy this game, then you got like 250 000 copies sold

Well i  think  the point is that TW created a wide community based on fast online matches and not on historical research. That game prefer to take suggestion from history to make Arena like fighting making clans and so on..... So the TW customer  (by now) i think is not concerned on historical period and will buy a TW Renaissance, Civil War... Fantasy...space combat and so on... just to continue fighting online matches (i won't call them battles). It is a real different approach to the wargame; best say is an approach similar to soccer games or fighting ones in my opinion. That's not a bad idea, a wide community has been created, but (as the Balaclava charge)... "it is flampoiant... but it's not a wargame"  :mrgreen:
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #26 le: 08 novembre 2009, 19:59:57 pm »
gneugneugneu

tu sais ce qu'il te dit le wargamers "vieille école"....

lol

Bonjour Monsieur,

One of the small rules here [English Forum] .... en Anglais .... if you please ....

We would all like to share in your humour ....

But, unfortunately, some online translators do not get 'inside' jokes  (example: what is: "vieille école")   :?:

Cordially, DoE
« Modifié: 08 novembre 2009, 20:09:16 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #27 le: 08 novembre 2009, 20:15:47 pm »
Well i  think  the point is that TW created a wide community based on fast online matches and not on historical research. That game prefer to take suggestion from history to make Arena like fighting making clans and so on..... So the TW customer  (by now) i think is not concerned on historical period and will buy a TW Renaissance, Civil War... Fantasy...space combat and so on... just to continue fighting online matches (i won't call them battles). It is a real different approach to the wargame; best say is an approach similar to soccer games or fighting ones in my opinion. That's not a bad idea, a wide community has been created, but (as the Balaclava charge)... "it is flampoiant... but it's not a wargame"  :mrgreen:

Bonjour Messieurs,

I have to agree with my fellow comrade on this observation .... very astute .... based on my experiences ....

Cordially, DoE

Hors ligne Stiboo

• Caporal
« Réponse #28 le: 09 novembre 2009, 00:54:49 am »
wow i've made it to the Histwar site at last and managed to register in French - oh la la !

I've been shadowing this game on the --------- forums 'forever' so it's about time I took the King's Shilling and got ready for this game, and joined in the debate...

A release before Christmas would be nice, best of British luck to JMM, and look forward to this series of games running and running.

A few nasty comments on the TW games - is any game ever perfect? I've played all the TW games and enjoyed them all including ETW ( which after months of play has never crashed on me yet) and I really look forward to NTW as well- these TW games are trying to show all areas of war on a grand scale and so must cut corners somewhere to make it playable and enjoyable, i,m sure there are many TW players here who see no problem playing both TW and HWLG!

Sorry I can only afford to buy 1 copy of the game - i'm also buying COD Modern Warfare2 and flightsim addons for FSX and got to save for ETW !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former " - Albert Einstein

-----------------------------------------------------

" Dost thou love life? Then waste not time; for time is the stuff that life is made of " – Bejamin Franklin

Hors ligne anvil

• Adjudant
« Réponse #29 le: 10 novembre 2009, 01:44:25 am »
I too have been a long time fan... Keep it up and am anxiously awaiting your great game

by the way, I graduated from high school at Toul Rosieres, in '65

anvil