Auteur Sujet: NEWS...  (Lu 86751 fois)

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #120 le: 19 décembre 2009, 14:31:41 pm »
Everyone is entitled to do as he pleases with his money, of course.

IMHO, all reasons aside, as Strategy PC gaming is my main hobby, I consider worthwhile the mere supporting of such astounding efforts as LG.

As a personal belief, I am convinced that this will be a great game, and I have put my money where I have my beliefs. It will have bugs, and it will be frustrating at times, and it will be patched. But just the demo gave me much pleasure  :smile:

(PS: And the collector's box is beautiful  :mrgreen:)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #121 le: 19 décembre 2009, 14:33:24 pm »
one thing the demo showed, was that this game has so much potential. For me it was worth taking the risk.

Indeed, it's well worth the risk, I've looked forward to this game for over 5 years, I would have bought it even if the bugs were worse than they are now, it's all down to what LG is, one of a kind (for now at least) and I wish to be there from the beginning.  That does not mean I'm 100% happy with it, as GP and others say, there's never been a game released wothout some kind of faults somewhere. We have to live with that, JMM has said he will support this game into the future and that's good enough for me.

I can understand some people being put off after the demo, lets hope the real game soon makes them all log on to buy it.

Hors ligne Spartan

• Sergent
« Réponse #122 le: 19 décembre 2009, 15:26:20 pm »
I for one will not think twice about purchasing this game. This game serves our community and JMM is well able and totally committed to making our dreams of a fantastic game come true. I believe that JMM wants us to be a part of the games development and the only danger to its future is people killing the idea before it has had a chance to prove iteself. If you dont want the game thats fine. If you want to wait thats fine to. But please dont tell us about it every five minutes. Lets be positive about what has already been achieved and do whatever we can to help take development forward.

Mike

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
« Réponse #123 le: 19 décembre 2009, 15:32:12 pm »
I understand why people are disappointed at the news after being teased with the idea that the demo would be fixed (a bit). Why wasn't it made clear that this news would relate to pre-ordering, instead of building expectations?

I think most people expected the news to be about the pre-orders as most people had been waiting for it for 10 days.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #124 le: 19 décembre 2009, 15:34:12 pm »
Even if the demo isn't polish, I take a lot of good time with it and I think that the game and the support that JMM will bring us, will worth each € that we have spend for it perhaps even more that many games of the game industry today.

GO JMM!!!  ;)

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #125 le: 19 décembre 2009, 15:43:53 pm »
Someone needs a reality check here.

We are invited to purchase something that will certainly contain a number of significant bugs at release. It should not. ...

Hands up who bought/uses MS Windows...
& moreover -
How many games have ever been released without any bugs?

So which reality should we be checking....... :p

For me supporting a product that will in turn get proper support is the issue here.  Not the inevitable.

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #126 le: 19 décembre 2009, 15:52:13 pm »
I for one will not think twice about purchasing this game. This game serves our community and JMM is well able and totally committed to making our dreams of a fantastic game come true. I believe that JMM wants us to be a part of the games development and the only danger to its future is people killing the idea before it has had a chance to prove iteself.

Show me where anyone is trying to kill the idea.

If you dont want the game thats fine.

Show me where I said I don't want the game.

If you want to wait thats fine to. But please dont tell us about it every five minutes.

I've said it once and responded to a couple of comments. That hardly qualifies as every five minutes. If you find it too upsetting that people say things you don't want to hear, then nobody is forcing you to read them. As far as I'm aware, opinions don't need to be pre-approved before posting.

Lets be positive about what has already been achieved

I have given due credit to JMM for what he has achieved, and I do not need to be convinced about the potential of the game.  It's the actuality I need to be convinced about. That's what demos are for - and JMM must agree, otherwise why would he bother with another one?

and do whatever we can to help take development forward.

An aim which will not be helped by promoting fanboyism.

Holdit

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #127 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:10:00 pm »
An aim which will not be helped by promoting f********.

Oooo, the dreaded F word.

Hook

Hors ligne atd

• Caporal
« Réponse #128 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:22:43 pm »
GrosPaul - I'm afraid that the only points I made that you did not miss entirely, were misunderstood. For example - the whole point of the comparison with ETW actually DIFFERENTIATED that system.

The real test will be whether the number and severity of bugs invalidates the mechanics to the point whereby it is not a simulation. On the basis of the demo, it does. I agree with Holdit and releasing a game that is known not to finished is a questionable act. These forums have always been devalued by those with a predisposition towards sycophancy.

//

The ordering page displays an American flag icon for language (there is no such language) is regrettable. English is the language of Shakespeare - not Stallone.

//

Is there a date specified for the fulfilment of pre-orders??? One would hope so!

Hors ligne atd

• Caporal
« Réponse #129 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:26:28 pm »
[quote
If you dont want the game thats fine.

[/quote]

If you don't know how to punctuate, that's fine too.

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #130 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:28:53 pm »
Oooo, the dreaded F word.

Hook

Being a conspicuous feature of the --------- forums, fanboyism should be dreaded. I'm assuming here that HLG would be setting its sights a little higher.

Holdit

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #131 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:38:37 pm »
GrosPaul - I'm afraid that the only points I made that you did not miss entirely, were misunderstood. For example - the whole point of the comparison with ETW actually DIFFERENTIATED that system.

The real test will be whether the number and severity of bugs invalidates the mechanics to the point whereby it is not a simulation. On the basis of the demo, it does. I agree with Holdit and releasing a game that is known not to finished is a questionable act. These forums have always been devalued by those with a predisposition towards sycophancy.

Spot on. The opinions of the people on this forum can only be taken as indicative of ... the opinions of the people on this forum. People from the outside world who download the current demo are more likely to decide it's rubbish, toss it aside and move on than they are to log in here in order to check how their opinion stacks up against the forum's conventional wisdom. I'm assuming here that JMM's target market extends beyond these message boards.

The ordering page displays an American flag icon for language (there is no such language) is regrettable. English is the language of Shakespeare - not Stallone.

I hope you're  not suggesting that Sly couldn't write as well as Shakespeare...if he wanted to. :)

One other thing about the ordering page, when I bookmarked it in Firefox and then opened it from the bookmark, it opened in a narrow frame on the left-hand side of the screen.

Holdit

Hors ligne Hook

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #132 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:41:00 pm »
Being a conspicuous feature of the --------- forums, f******** should be dreaded. I'm assuming here that HLG would be setting its sights a little higher.

I'm assuming you realize you're in the developer's forum here.  There will be a lot of people here who like the game.  

Anyway, I'm invoking a corollary of Godwin's law:  In any debate about the merits of a game, someone will eventually invoke the F word.  Once the F word has been introduced in a debate, the person who introduced it automatically loses.

Hook

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #133 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:42:04 pm »
I don't like some vegetable. I don't eat. I don't talk about them.

You don't like HW:LG. Please, forgot it.
Take another game and play with it, thus you don't lost your time..

JMM

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #134 le: 19 décembre 2009, 16:47:18 pm »
I'm assuming you realize you're in the developer's forum here.  There will be a lot of people here who like the game.  

Anyway, I'm invoking a corollary of Godwin's law:  In any debate about the merits of a game, someone will eventually invoke the F word.  Once the F word has been introduced in a debate, the person who introduced it automatically loses.

I wonder how many times i have to repeat this before it sinks in...

I. Like. The. Game.

Do you really imagine I wouldn't be here if I didn't?

I'm sure the invokation of such a law would would be very convenient. So much easier that addressing the real argument...

Holdit