Also Saturday in good ole Germany  :mrgreen:

Hors ligne LNDavout

• Modérateurs
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #106 le: 19 décembre 2009, 10:20:54 am »
Pre-Order started at:

http://www.histwargames.com/boutique/

(just posted this cause i always miss news when they are in a different topic lol.)

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #107 le: 19 décembre 2009, 10:50:50 am »
Pre-orders - what a disappointment.

I had (naively, it seems) imagined there would be some news of the new demo. I will not be buying this game until I see some improvements.

Holdit

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #108 le: 19 décembre 2009, 10:56:36 am »
I second that.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #109 le: 19 décembre 2009, 11:13:21 am »
No problem...

You know, some are happy to open the march... another ones prefer to wait for a new demo before buying or not...
During these last years, I worked a lot on this project.. I am going to continue to improve HW:LG each day... yes each day!

That said, I can understand... but disappointment  :?:

JMM

PS : take a look at the English survey...

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #110 le: 19 décembre 2009, 11:20:52 am »

What is the English survey?

Holdit

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #111 le: 19 décembre 2009, 11:45:18 am »
http://www.histwar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3318.30/viewResults.html

50% are happy to immediately buy the game... 50% wish to wait for a new demo...

JMM

Hors ligne Ras

• Chef de Bataillon
  • MizuRas
« Réponse #112 le: 19 décembre 2009, 12:04:11 pm »
I've already voted in that survey. (wait with new demo)
You see, there are some unanswered points about cavalry in that survey thread.
Giving us more information on such points would really help to form an opinion on the game.

Although I didn't pre-order, I'm prepared to buy it asap. I just want to know more before I do so.
Maybe you or your betatesters could provide some more info on open questions.

Ras

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #113 le: 19 décembre 2009, 12:09:37 pm »
http://www.histwar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3318.30/viewResults.html

50% are happy to immediately buy the game... 50% wish to wait for a new demo...

JMM

Well I'm not claiming to be a spokesman for anyone except myself and I don't base my opinion on the number of people who agree with it. The simple fact is that I am waiting for the new demo and, in addition to it not being here, yesterday's announcement makes no mention of it. That's disappointing.

Holdit

Hors ligne atd

• Caporal
« Réponse #114 le: 19 décembre 2009, 12:13:30 pm »
No problem...

You know, some are happy to open the march... another ones prefer to wait for a new demo before buying or not...
During these last years, I worked a lot on this project.. I am going to continue to improve HW:LG each day... yes each day!

That said, I can understand... but disappointment  :?:

JMM

Someone needs a reality check here.

We are invited to purchase something that will certainly contain a number of significant bugs at release. It should not. Don't blame potential customers for the failings in the game. Promises to fix it later just isn't good enough. ... And this from someone who WILL pre-order, so don't imagine that the survey reflects contentedness.

In my opinion LG has dodged a bullet and been extremely lucky that ETW & NTW have no interest in producing accurate simulations, even though modders have done wonders with all aspects of ETW.

I understand why people are disappointed at the news after being teased with the idea that the demo would be fixed (a bit). Why wasn't it made clear that this news would relate to pre-ordering, instead of building expectations?

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #115 le: 19 décembre 2009, 12:15:17 pm »

Although I didn't pre-order, I'm prepared to buy it asap. I just want to know more before I do so.
Maybe you or your betatesters could provide some more info on open questions.

I agree - I want this game to succeed as much as anyone else, but I'm not just handing over my money on the basis of "it'll be alright on the night". The only answers that matter, in my opinion, will be contained in the new demo itself. I'm not convinced enough of the general level of objectivity on this forum to accept anyone else's word for anything.

Holdit

Hors ligne GrosPaul

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Re : NEWS...
« Réponse #116 le: 19 décembre 2009, 12:53:09 pm »
Someone needs a reality check here.
You like reality of facts as I am. Indeed optimism and pessimism are two false views. Better going between.

We are invited to purchase something that will certainly contain a number of significant bugs at release. It should not. Don't blame potential customers for the failings in the game. Promises to fix it later just isn't good enough. ... And this from someone who WILL pre-order, so don't imagine that the survey reflects contentedness.
Of course the full game will reveal bugs. What is amazing with that? Take a look at ETW construct by a bunch of programmers and testers. Remember the many enormous bugs. Beeing realistic as I can, I claim it is impossible to create a big program free from bugs, above all by a lonely courageous person.

In my opinion LG has dodged a bullet and been extremely lucky that ETW & NTW have no interest in producing accurate simulations, even though modders have done wonders with all aspects of ETW.
In my opinion, you make a big mistake when comparing two evidently different programs. One favorise the reflex like other arcade games the other prone the thinking.

I understand why people are disappointed at the news after being teased with the idea that the demo would be fixed (a bit). Why wasn't it made clear that this news would relate to pre-ordering, instead of building expectations?
In your magnanimous, you could also understand why people are very satisfied with a release of the full game. Also nowhere it is declared the demo will not be fixed. Just a question of timing. First the full game the the demo (I bet, this is the intention of JMM. Why doubting his words?)

I think, if JMM stayed blocked on this demo, without releasing the full game (remember many testers say it is less bugged than the demo) he did a strategical mistake. Stop to be over-cautious and go for debugging the full game with all his components (doctrines, map editor, possibility MP, ...)  :smile:.

Hors ligne little soldier

• Capitaine
« Réponse #117 le: 19 décembre 2009, 13:34:22 pm »
Pre-orders - what a disappointment.

I had (naively, it seems) imagined there would be some news of the new demo. I will not be buying this game until I see some improvements.

Holdit

Well, I made the gamble and pre-ordered, knowing that the latest demo was riddled with bugs, BUT.... one thing the demo showed, was that this game has so much potential. For me it was worth taking the risk.
I've seen other games (take Combat Mission Shock Force for instance!) that were 'filled' with bugs and were still released. But these games (like CMSF) saw patches which quickly improved the game. So, I've no doubts that HWLG will have patches that will improve in the time to come :!:

Lancier

• Invité
« Réponse #118 le: 19 décembre 2009, 14:04:35 pm »
Demo!?What demo now as all waiting for the game itself.Poll has 50-60 votes,that can't reflect all exact community feelings,there must be tons more expectants of this game.You want the fixed demo? How about waitng for the fixed game instead of the demo?Forums ill tell if there are still bugs or not after the first few patches and you can decide to buy it or not.Otherwise my Grognards box ill become rusty  :smile:
« Modifié: 19 décembre 2009, 14:07:52 pm par Lancier »

Hors ligne Holdit

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #119 le: 19 décembre 2009, 14:14:31 pm »
Demo!?What demo now as all waiting for the game itself.Poll has 50-60 votes,that can't reflect all exact community feelings,there must be tons more expectants of this game.You want the fixed demo? How about waitng for the fixed game instead of the demo?Forums ill tell if there are still bugs or not after the first few patches and you can decide to buy it or not.

Because I prefer the evidence of my own eyes. Which is what demos are supposed to provide. The very idea that foruim opinion could be an adequate substitute is laughable. And since when did 50% = "all"?

Holdit