Auteur Sujet: Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC) Playing LG....  (Lu 21195 fois)

Hors ligne Napoleonic Wargaming

• Adjudant
  • Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)
Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC) Playing LG....
« le: 12 octobre 2009, 15:11:20 pm »
Bonjour Grognards!

The Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

Is now accepting applications for membership of those who have/will have Les Grognards.

The forum is located at:

http://www.wargame.ch/board/nwc/

When you join the Club, you will be setup with a Forum Account.

About the Club:

The NWC is a traditional style format that has more of a 'roleplay' style as in outside of the games to add historical flavor to the Club there are ranks, points, medals, victory medals, nobility titles and so on that you are awarded based on the games results. Individual armies have full, normally, historical OOB's, where you are assigned to a unit, often of your choice, with Corps & Divisions.

Now this has no bearing on the games or what units you command at all in it, it is merely an added value type thing that sets our style different than a Ladder Club, not implying it is better, but it is a different style and atmosphere, which can be fun too.

As you gain ranks points et al there is a real sense of belonging to an army and a unit and in seeing the rewards you get for your accomplishments. Also the forums are usually lively and there are all sorts of different odds and ends of the sites to explore...like Newsletters, Diaries, Historical write-ups et al....

The NWC plays 11 games from various companies (including Les Grognards), plus add-ons and has a Turn Based scoring system, but has a way of scoring Les Grognards as well.

The Club also plays a lot of Tournaments designed for members to meet each other.

So do consider joining up and any of the other fine options for playing Les Grognards.  The More the Merrier as I say.

Any questions about either Clubs please contact me: Scott at - eric2900@aol.com

We look forward to organizing Tournaments with the other LG Clubs/Clans. We don't have the Embassy forums the way some of you others do and just a heads up if you are advertising for another Clan/Club would be helpful so we can direct you to the right section and approve it in case any of our members complain.

Thanks for reading the post...we appreciate your time....  :D
« Modifié: 06 avril 2011, 01:17:08 am par Napoleonic Wargaming »
Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

Club Public Relations Officer

• Adjudant
Re : Two Napoleonics Clubs (iNWC) & (NWC) Playing LG....
« Réponse #1 le: 12 octobre 2009, 15:19:47 pm »
Last introductory point...  :D

Another thing I wanted to point out for the iNWC:

You may register for credit with us any games you have with non-Club members or in other Napoleonics Clubs. We will issue full credit for it, just when registering it make sure you check off "game with external player" option under the "Single Game or Multi Player Game" option and give us their name & e-mail address in the required sections.....

This way if you play folks who have LG or get your games going at various places, you can translate those into a Club game.

• Adjudant
« Réponse #2 le: 12 octobre 2009, 15:21:25 pm »
Thank you everyone for your time and allowing us to advertise our Clubs as well...we look forward to Les Grognards and hope to see some of you join us and also see everyone on the battlefield.  :mrgreen: ;)

AnkLrd

• Invité
« Réponse #3 le: 14 octobre 2009, 10:04:16 am »
Nice one, thnks for informing.

• Adjudant
« Réponse #4 le: 31 janvier 2010, 02:41:30 am »
I apologize for the shameless topic bump, but with LG seeming to be on the verge of release, I just wanted to remind folks....  8)

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #5 le: 31 janvier 2010, 07:57:03 am »
Thanks for the informations.

Hors ligne Grog

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #6 le: 31 janvier 2010, 09:14:34 am »
Thanks for the info Napoleonic Wargaming

Presuming you have much experience with a wide veriety of Napoleonic strategy/grand tactical PC games, can I ask;

Are there any games which might play well in tandem with HWLG for campaigning?

This is being discussed elsewhere in the forum and I expect in your Clubs too.

I would appreciate your views.

You might even get an extra member or two ;)

• Adjudant
« Réponse #7 le: 31 janvier 2010, 21:04:12 pm »
Your welcome Darsh!

Grog: Thanks for the info Napoleonic Wargaming

Presuming you have much experience with a wide veriety of Napoleonic strategy/grand tactical PC games, can I ask;

Are there any games which might play well in tandem with HWLG for campaigning?

This is being discussed elsewhere in the forum and I expect in your Clubs too.

I would appreciate your views.

You might even get an extra member or two

I do, have most of them that I can find.  Sadly most games that would lend to such are games unto themselves.  Crown of Glory or Imperial Glory would be perfect, if they were not their own beasts as well.  :cry:  Campaigns on the Danube would be the ideal choice, but sadly the game has so many errors, bugs and issues, it would not work at all, it is a real lemon.

So to counter such, we at the International Napoleonics Wargaming Club (iNWC)  are in the final stages of developing a LG Tournament that would fulfill these needs, using a map we found for planning and grand strategy phase of it.

Essentially how we have designed it with our Campaign Master is, there are 3 players per side, and keep in mind there can be 2, 5, maybe even 10 different sets of Campaigns going, all w/6 players a piece, it all depends on how many people we get interested.  The Campaign will last for the better half of the year. The game runs in weeks, between planning, execution and then battle. 2 total and then repeats itself.

The Campaign master has the various commanders look at the map and they have objective cities they need to take to win.  The Campaign is based in 1805, with Austria, Russia, French, Rhine Allies & Italy all involved (basically most of what is in LG).  If this becomes wildly popular we will expand the Campaign to an ongoing type thing or roll it over into another Tourney idea we have.

March orders are submitted and the Campaign master gives various reports to the teams like Rumors, Scouting reports from cavalry probes, Reading snippets from "The Geneva Convention", newspaper, Depot Building and a few other ways to help guide where the enemy may be.  He decides if there was a Clash of Arms and if there is a battle, he issues a situation report of what forces are involved.  The Armies meet in a real time player vs player battle. So some battles may be shorter and some longer. (We can see if there is a group of PBEM’ers interested as well). Battles could be Corps vs. Corps or even Army vs. Corps (delaying action). Multiple battles can take place weekly and if its a big week of battles we just put the next week turn off until we’re ready. There is a points system in LG that calculates the winner and loser so there is a result.

There is a National Will factor that will lead to a Campaign Victory.  It is the capture of key cities from either side. French Empire National Will defeat happens if Strasbourg falls to the Allies. Allied Coalition defeat happens if Wien (Vienna), Mantua and Prague all fall to the French. If Russia suffers 2 strategic defeats they are limited to moving eastward only, to simulate a slow withdraw back to Russia. (Strategic defeat has yet to be determined).

So that is some of the essentials.  We would like to find other Campaign Master’s who could help too.  They could participate in one and then run another, if we get enough people interested.

Here is a link to the two maps we are using:

The Planning Map is meant to help plan your movements, depot placement and to find objectives.

http://battleground-club.de/LG_Tourney/planning_map.htm

The Political Map is meant to show who owns what province and how far on the path to glory a nation is.

http://battleground-club.de/LG_Tourney/political_map.htm

We still have a few things we need to iron out and I assume will have that done soon.  Once we are ready to start, I will post the page link here.  But do sign up for the Club in the meantime.

The NWC I am sure will get a Campaign going there too, so don’t neglect them as well.

Hors ligne Grog

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #8 le: 31 janvier 2010, 23:28:09 pm »
Thank you for your quick and most excellent reply

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the presentation of the sites, particularly the INWC. I wonder why I havn't found it before.

The Tournament is a great idea and in many ways superior because of the freedom of development and ideas that you don't get with commercial games. I like to inclusion of National Will as a factor influencing strategic decisions and victory conditions, something that reminds me of AGEOD Napoleon's Campaigns.

As a long and devoted member of another club/clan ( Gunner might disagree  :D), I'm interested in your policy of inclusion regarding dual membership.

I'd be kidding myself if I believed I had the time for campaigning right now, but I will follow your Tournament with keen interest. Best of luck.

Grog

• Adjudant
Re : Re : Two Napoleonics Clubs (iNWC) & (NWC) Playing LG....
« Réponse #9 le: 02 février 2010, 02:51:34 am »
Thank you for your quick and most excellent reply

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the presentation of the sites, particularly the INWC. I wonder why I havn't found it before.

The Tournament is a great idea and in many ways superior because of the freedom of development and ideas that you don't get with commercial games. I like to inclusion of National Will as a factor influencing strategic decisions and victory conditions, something that reminds me of AGEOD Napoleon's Campaigns.

As a long and devoted member of another club/clan ( Gunner might disagree  :D), I'm interested in your policy of inclusion regarding dual membership.

I'd be kidding myself if I believed I had the time for campaigning right now, but I will follow your Tournament with keen interest. Best of luck.

Grog

Hey Grog,

Thanks, I appreciate your comments.  The various people, who design the sites at the two Clubs, take a lot of pride in what they do. You may not have found us, as this is our first step into a game of this type.

The Tournament we hope will be enjoyable for all and should lend to compliment LG a lot.  That is funny about the comparison to AGEOD, I had forgotten about that as we were developing this, in spite of play two games in it at the moment…  :smile:

Both Clubs welcome anyone from anywhere. 

The iNWC allows you to register your games you find anywhere against anyone. 

The NWC  does restrict registering games to other NWC members for credit, but that doesn’t mean you can’t join the forum and look to play people off the books.

As our Tourney goes on I will be sure to post updates for folks here.

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #10 le: 13 avril 2010, 10:03:52 am »
Just joined...

iNWC

The Prussian Army
I. korps,
1. Infanteriebrigade,
1. westfalisches Landwehr - Infanterieregiment,
1. Infanterie btl.

NWC

The Prussian Army
I. Armee-Korps
1. Infanterie-Brigade
1. Westfälisches Landwehr-Regiment

Looking forward to have some Histwar pbem games there !
« Modifié: 13 avril 2010, 10:21:30 am par Rustem35 »

• Adjudant
« Réponse #11 le: 16 avril 2010, 03:42:41 am »
Indeed wee are pleased to have you with us Rustem in both Clubs.

The iNWC Tourney is underway and the NWC is looking for some French recruits who have HistWar as well as Allied.

So be sure to check us both out....  :D

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #12 le: 03 mai 2010, 09:08:06 am »
NWC has a new automated game registration system i think which seems really great  :!:

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #13 le: 12 novembre 2010, 15:26:29 pm »
now TCP/IP games can be posted to NWC automated game registration system i guess ...
i realised someone suggesting every 15 min. be considered as a turn for pointing system.  Anyway harry and Uhlanen what you think we may have some battles ?

• Adjudant
Re : Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC) Playing LG....
« Réponse #14 le: 06 avril 2011, 01:20:34 am »
Take note that the iNWC has shutdown and merged with the NWC now.