Auteur Sujet: A miniature battle - reenactment  (Lu 13467 fois)

Hors ligne malcolm_mccallum

• Soldat
Re : A miniature battle - reenactment
« Réponse #15 le: 10 octobre 2009, 17:41:09 pm »
Potential is exactly what I'll be needing for my Campaign. It seemingly represents their effective strength after a bit of time to recover. The battlefield losses seem huge (notice that all the French cavalry was seeming lost) but that represents effective, immediate losses (no longer able to participate in the battle).

The losses seem in line with what we got in the miniatures game and so too the general results.

The 'stream' appeared to be of zero consequence. Are there differing types of stream that could represent more of an obstacle? The Fontenone creek at Marengo, for example, was the sort that made crossing it under fire a serious obstacle. In the battle shown, the French nowhere tried to defend the creek line and given the preponderance of Austrian artillery and lack of cover, that seems reasonable.

In our miniatures version, the French had more artillery, almost as much as the Austrians, which affected their strategic options.

Thanks, Montecuccoli, for playing it out and providing the AAR

P.S. The miniature game took 11 turns @ 30 minutes per turn. But that time scale is always suspect since there's no standing around time added.
« Modifié: 10 octobre 2009, 17:45:11 pm par malcolm_mccallum »

Hors ligne Pariente

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • Ἐργάζομαι καλοκάγαθικῶς. J'agis avec probité.
    • La Division Infernale !
« Réponse #16 le: 10 octobre 2009, 18:01:03 pm »
I understood HW:LG has no campaign mode. What could « potential » mean in that kind of game ?

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
Re : Re : A miniature battle - reenactment
« Réponse #17 le: 10 octobre 2009, 19:02:32 pm »
I understood HW:LG has no campaign mode. What could « potential » mean in that kind of game ?

simple, players can arrange a campaign on paper or virtual board and use potential as the survivors of the army to continue the campaign.
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne Pariente

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #18 le: 10 octobre 2009, 19:11:27 pm »
So potential indicates the army strenght in the aftermath of the battle. :roll:

Good, thank you. :smile:

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #19 le: 10 octobre 2009, 22:14:20 pm »
That's wonderful, Montecuccoli, thank you very much.  And also to Malcom for providing the minatures report with photos.

I love the fact that the AAR provides figures for the next battle.  I'd hazard a guess that the 'potential' OoB can be automatically generated from Les Grogs, too?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne L.A. Berthier

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Re : A miniature battle - reenactment
« Réponse #20 le: 11 octobre 2009, 09:37:29 am »
I repeat the questions that you have lost  :):

How long it lasted scenario (reality and computer)? On PBEM how many rounds?

and adds others:

Only theoretically, you can play the other side (how does the AI in attack  :twisted:)?

again Only theoretically, how could you differently develop your plan of attack in your opinion?

Thanks

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #21 le: 11 octobre 2009, 14:02:05 pm »
it is difficult to evaluate how much time this battle lasted, i saved the game and played it in spare time, however i sense this tiny rear guard engagement lasted (real time) quite from 2 hours to 3 (notice that you can speed up the game and i often play at 30/60 so 30 seconds is 1 minute, but you can even play like 5 seconds is 1 minute)

During battle i switched from Austria to France and the AI in offensive side is good, because at the time the AI develops deploy lines then is the Corp AI that take the micromanagement at the Corp AI is going good in my opinion.

Changing the plan during battle is possible but really difficult when corps are engaged, for example i tried to change a deploy order to a diversion order for the Corp attacking Vigodarze but regiments was too much engaged and they continued to fight instead that break the fight, recoil and redeploy.
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne ess1

• Capitaine
« Réponse #22 le: 11 octobre 2009, 18:15:43 pm »
Montecuccoli,
Thank you for further information.   When you try to change orders to your subordinate commander:

1.  This has to be by staff officer?

2.   Can he be killed or captured (if captured can any information be had)?

What exactly do the icons showing mounted and unmounted men?

Oh for a manual  :cry:

Hors ligne Pariente

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
« Réponse #23 le: 11 octobre 2009, 18:24:23 pm »
JMM said once an aide-de-camp might be captured if he runs into an enemy. Then, the order will not be sent and your opponent will know its content.

Hors ligne ess1

• Capitaine
« Réponse #24 le: 11 octobre 2009, 18:36:41 pm »
Thanks for prompt reply.   Looking better than ever - if that is possible :mrgreen:

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #25 le: 26 octobre 2009, 08:37:37 am »
What a complete difference in the visuals from the miniatures battle to the HWLG version.  In the miniatures it is untidy and cramped, there is almost no room for maneuver.  In LG, the opposite applies.

Thank you very much for demonstrating the difference and hinting at the enjoyment we are all going to have soon. :)
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"