Auteur Sujet: North American War of 1812 mod?  (Lu 5764 fois)

Hors ligne Nerroth

• Soldat
North American War of 1812 mod?
« le: 08 septembre 2006, 22:12:02 pm »
Hi!

I've been trying to fiind out if the North American War of 1812 can or will be represented in any Napoleonic game - and so far both Imperial Glory and Napoleonic Total War 2 leave this setting untouched.

Will les Grognards include the option to take British, American, militia (from both sides) and Native forces, and re-fight battles such as at Chrysler's Farm (where a march on Montréal was averted), Queenston Heights or Lundy's Lane (two of the most important struggles for control of Upper Canada)?

Gary

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : North American War of 1812 mod?
« Réponse #1 le: 08 septembre 2006, 22:19:03 pm »
Welcome to the board,

Why not.. First step : we have to finish "Les Grognards" of Napoleon.. After that, the engine is able to simulate a lot of battles  :D

JMM

Hors ligne Nerroth

• Soldat
Re: North American War of 1812 mod?
« Réponse #2 le: 08 septembre 2006, 22:30:54 pm »
Would there be much of an interest in looking at the North American War of 1812 among the group here?

Gary

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Re: North American War of 1812 mod?
« Réponse #3 le: 09 septembre 2006, 00:02:27 am »
Welcome to the forum Gary,

First nations out is The French, Austrians, Russians and all the minor allied nations (allied to both sides).
Then the British, Prussians, Spanjards, dutch etc in an add on.

I don't see why not throwing in the Americans and espcially the Ottomans in the game too in a second add-on perhaps.

The 1812 war in North Aamerica was during the Napoleonic era so the game engine will be able to handle it without any major modifications.

If you want to scout for interest in that war you should realy go over to the --------- forum, http://www.---------.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=51
which is the official English Histwar forum.

I see you there.  ;)

Lars L.

Hors ligne Nerroth

• Soldat
Re : North American War of 1812 mod?
« Réponse #4 le: 11 septembre 2006, 00:17:51 am »
Thanks for the info - I hope that the War of 1812 doesn't have too long a wait to get its chance to shine!

Gary
« Modifié: 11 septembre 2006, 00:20:45 am par Nerroth »