Auteur Sujet: Crown of glory  (Lu 6843 fois)

Hors ligne Ziem

• Caporal
Crown of glory
« le: 13 juillet 2005, 12:41:21 pm »
Whilst we patiently wait, I bumped into another napoleonic wargame: Crown of glory. having played it for a week I must say I am very impressed with the depth of the game. Don't worry, they approached it from a totally different angle and I don't expect it to be a competitor. One can buy it as a downloadable and physical on-line.

Oh yeah the links: Commercial Link (edited by JMM)

Z. :)

PS.  I Don't have any attachment to this company. I'm just an enthousiastic Napie wargamer

[JMM]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 :lol: I understand.. No offense
I am deleting this link.. Why.. Because
a) soon, this forum will be transfered to Publisher's Forum.. and it's not possible to put any commercial link.
b) I am sure all visitors know this game.. If not, they easy can find it   8)

and THX for your huge patience

JMM
"Dramatic fellows these French,. Music and banners, quite beautiful. " lord Wellington at Waterloo.

Hors ligne BFawlty

• Soldat
Crown of glory
« Réponse #1 le: 16 juillet 2005, 17:48:21 pm »
Have heard some good things about it.

BF

Hors ligne sunray

• Caporal
Crown of glory
« Réponse #2 le: 19 juillet 2005, 01:56:05 am »
JMM,

Quote - "soon, this forum will be transfered to Publisher's Forum.. and it's not possible to put any commercial link."

Would it be wrong to assume that, if the forum is soon to be transferred to the Publisher, then the release of the finished game will not be too far away?

Will the game be available over the counter from our local games shop, or will it be only available from internet shopping?

I sincerely hope that information will flow as freely from the publisher, as it has from you in the past.

I also hope that your game enjoys the enormous popularity that I believe it will. And especially that add to the appeal of the game by expanding the eras that it encompasses. We want to see a lot of add-ons produced for this game.

kindest regards

sunray
 :D  :D

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Crown of glory
« Réponse #3 le: 19 juillet 2005, 09:01:43 am »
Citation de: "sunray"
JMM,

Quote - "soon, this forum will be transfered to Publisher's Forum.. and it's not possible to put any commercial link."

Would it be wrong to assume that, if the forum is soon to be transferred to the Publisher, then the release of the finished game will not be too far away?

Question : For you, what does " not bee too far awway" mean  :wink:  :arrow:
I can't say any date today.. but soon.. (patience my friends)

Will the game be available over the counter from our local games shop, or will it be only available from internet shopping?

INternet shopping for beginning.

I sincerely hope that information will flow as freely from the publisher, as it has from you in the past.

No problem.. Just this constraint about the commercial link.

I also hope that your game enjoys the enormous popularity that I believe it will.

I share this hope :wink:

And especially that add to the appeal of the game by expanding the eras that it encompasses. We want to see a lot of add-ons produced for this game.

kindest regards

sunray

Merci (Thanks) for your support.  I know you are a lot waiting for this game.  Merci again.

JMM

Hors ligne sunray

• Caporal
Crown of glory
« Réponse #4 le: 20 juillet 2005, 00:15:13 am »
JMM,

Answer - I mean not too far in the future. I assumed that "soon, this forum will be transfered to Publisher's Forum" was an indication that the game could possibly be released within the next two months.

It will no doubt be both a sad, and a happy day for you, when the game is finally released. I hope the publishers do a good job marketing it for you. Often the success, or not, of a game can depend on how it is marketed. Even if the game is absolutely brilliant.

Whenever it is released, I will have my money ready to place an order immediately.

By the way, by coincidence, the dismounted/dismounting cavalry are an excellent start for anyone wanting to setup for American Civil War cavalry tactics. Just thought I would mention that. I'm sure it hasn't gone un-noticed by others.

Best wishes

sunray

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Crown of glory
« Réponse #5 le: 20 juillet 2005, 00:52:33 am »
Citation de: "sunray"
JMM,

Answer - I mean not too far in the future. I assumed that "soon, this forum will be transfered to Publisher's Forum" was an indication that the game could possibly be released within the next two months.

Hummm : 2 months.. Maybe you know, but time to make the goods is around 1 month.. I am sure I can't finish before end of august.. For the best, 10 weeks..  no before.  :cry:

It will no doubt be both a sad, and a happy day for you, when the game is finally released.

No sure sad.. only happy  :D  and I hope Les Grognards runs fine for all configurations.. And after holidays : 24000 years ... :lol:

I hope the publishers do a good job marketing it for you. Often the success, or not, of a game can depend on how it is marketed. Even if the game is absolutely brilliant.

I believe he knows his job! No worry  :wink:

Whenever it is released, I will have my money ready to place an order immediately.

MERCI...

JMM

Hors ligne Le Tondu

• Officier HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Capitaine
Crown of glory
« Réponse #6 le: 27 juillet 2005, 04:48:37 am »
My money will be ready too.  ---Even if I can only play in 2D!
Vive l'Empereur!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Crown of glory
« Réponse #7 le: 27 juillet 2005, 11:45:51 am »
Citation de: "Le Tondu"
My money will be ready too.  ---Even if I can only play in 2D!

Merci Rick...

Don't forget there are 3 views..
a) 3D perspective view.. I try to make a process for the 'light PC'.. but all need some resources  :P
b) 3D symbolic view.. for all
c) 2D view...

BTW, I am working on the new ground. I believe there is an huge step. I hope to show some new 'final' screenshots tomorrow...

JMM (very glad  :D )