Auteur Sujet: Greetings Les Grognards  (Lu 6776 fois)

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
Greetings Les Grognards
« le: 15 juin 2005, 08:07:33 am »
Hello!

I have been trolling these forums for a long time now and am getting more and more excited every time I come on here. I am sorry I havent posted before now. I am an avid Napoleonic miniatures wargamer and this work in progress looks to be the masterpiece I have been waiting for. I recognize some familiar names on this forum from other forums of disappointing games, one of which I play just because there is nothing else out there yet really (yes I am ashamed to admit I play IG-multiplayer when I cant get a game of miniatures going). My screenname I used on other forums is screamingpalm. (Hi saddletank and I'm guessing Khornish?)

Thanks for the hard work on this project, I appreciate your efforts!

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Greetings Les Grognards
« Réponse #1 le: 15 juin 2005, 08:44:14 am »
Hi and welcome to this Forum Iron Warrior.

You would know me as Lindkvist at the IG forum. I admit IG has some element of fun. I actually have it myself. One has to do something while I waiting for the real thing.  :P

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re: Greetings Les Grognards
« Réponse #2 le: 15 juin 2005, 08:55:07 am »
Citation de: "Iron Warrior"
Hello!
Thanks for the hard work on this project, I appreciate your efforts!

Welcome Sir Iron Warrior

Thank a lot for your support.
I hope all you are seeking will be within Les Grognards

JMM

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
Greetings Les Grognards
« Réponse #3 le: 16 juin 2005, 01:01:52 am »
Hi Link (Lindkvist) and JMM! I am excited that Borodino will be in the game, I have simulated the Battle of the Fletches before using miniatures with a friend of mine. My only disappointment so far is that there are no Penninsular battles. Maybe a future project? :D  I know that you guys have "plenty on your plate" as it is though and can offer little to no help as I have done much less than small mod work on IG using Paintshop, so I am happy with seeing what you all have done so far. :)

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Greetings Les Grognards
« Réponse #4 le: 16 juin 2005, 08:25:53 am »
I’m glad you mentioned Borodino, it’s one of my contributions to this game.
 :D
As for Peninsular, if all goes well with Les Grognards (selling) then you will be able to see Britain, Prussia post 1807, Spain, Portugal and perhaps some more nations in an add-on.

I would love to do Waterloo myself. There is as you know an OoB and a map editor in the game so you would be able to create any Peninsular battle you like then.  :wink:

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne saddletank

• Adjudant
Greetings Les Grognards
« Réponse #5 le: 22 juin 2005, 15:07:44 pm »
Hi screamingpalm, great to see you here. I have quit teh IG forums, have not got the game and am no longer interested in it. I told Berdan I was leaving his modding group as I felt I was wasting my time modding IG. So sorry to leave you in the lurch.

How is Berdan's group getting along, is your Spanish improving? :)

I hope and believe you'll find plenty in Les Grognards to keep you busy for months when we see the release.

Oh, and a wee bit of advice. Don't go around telling people you've 'been trolling forums for months' :) 'Lurking' is the word you're looking for I think  :lol:
Cheers, Martin

Hors ligne Iron Warrior

• Adjudant
Greetings Les Grognards
« Réponse #6 le: 25 juin 2005, 02:53:56 am »
Lurking...thats what I meant  :lol: . Havent heard anything from Berdan et al since release. Just as well because I dont have much interest in modding the game anyway (we can make up for lost time when this one is released  8) ). I do play the mp part of the game, and then only 1v1 usually, but there is very little competition around, so I am eagerly awaiting this one.  :wink: