Auteur Sujet: Fighting in villages / chateaux  (Lu 5262 fois)

Hors ligne saddletank

• Adjudant
Fighting in villages / chateaux
« le: 11 mai 2005, 13:37:12 pm »
Without meaning to sound fussy and asking too much I was wondering what fighting in buildings and villages would be like in game. One thing that strikes you from reading accounts of battles is how much very strong centrally sited structures like stone churches featured in the fights for villages. The French doctrine was to make such a building a central citadel of the defence, drawing an attacking enemy into a killing ground around it. Wooden houses and smaller stone houses seem to offer little scope to hold up an attacker but again and again we hear how places like churches, granaries and high-walled farms and chateaux became mini-fortresses, often sucking in and chewing up whole divisions.

Will the game handle street fighting in any detailed way, or will it be more abstracted?
Cheers, Martin

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #1 le: 11 mai 2005, 19:40:14 pm »
I remember this question was raised 1 1/2 years ago.  8O
Much can have changed though but you can read this thread (the first few posts until it goes off topic  :P ) until JMM can find time to answer you.  :wink:  

http://www.histwar.com/forum/about557.html

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 11 mai 2005, 21:12:10 pm »
Arghhh.. I forgot to save my answer..

Lucky, this one was short, like this...

fifty-fifty... neither very precise nor abstract!
Each 'object' (town, village, castel, redoubt...) has several entries. The fighting is only on these sectors...

When the defence is broken, the unit A1 immediatly gets out.. and the victor B takes the place.

At this time, if there is some reserve, the IA (side A) sends a new unit (A2) which tries to take the object again... And this process may continue several times (like in the real battle)

Is it clear?
JMM

Hors ligne saddletank

• Adjudant
« Réponse #3 le: 16 mai 2005, 10:38:28 am »
Thanks for both your replies. That sounds like a good mechanism given the army level scope of the game. Village fighting does not need to be too detailed I think but at least there is some buildings combat built into the game. Too often I have played PC wargames where the buildings are just scenery without any interaction with troops at all.
Cheers, Martin